Cersei's pale white throat.

YorEmixam

And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

The pale white throat of an undead corpse? Either Qyburn'd , wighted or else; could the drowning part be her actual death? One of her brother ending her undead self out of compassion would be a pretty good twist to the prophecy, I believe.

That has to have been talked about numerous time in here, it was just there in my face and just never concidered this alternative to the prophecy. Not much to back it up but the pale white throat part, still I'm wondering if it's writen to be relevant or simply to darken the tone.

There is also this, from Cat's pov,

"You're wrong," Catelyn said sharply. "Every morning, when I wake, I remember that Ned is gone. I have no skill with swords, but that does not mean that I do not dream of riding to King's Landing and wrapping my hands around Cersei Lannister's white throat and squeezing until her face turns black."

I don't think that it has ever been suggested that Cersei will be undead, since Catelyn also mentions her white throat, I believe that the reference in the prophecy alludes to the fact that Cersei is pale.

The only thing about this prophecy that makes me pause is that I know how much GRRM likes to make things sound literal....but then completely flip its on it head.

As an example (made up), he prophesizes a soldier gets killed "by the sword".  Well, that soldier spends all his time avoiding sharp blades and swords to stay alive.  Yet he still dies.  But instead of him dying by a sword...he dies outside of a tavern called "The Sword".   So technically, he did perish "By the Sword".

GRRM likes to do these type of things.  So a part of me wonders if we are taking the whole words of the prophecy too literally (like the soldier in my example).

I read something better awhile ago but cant remember where now. The idea goes that the death of Cersei's remaining children flip her royally over the edge and she decides to burn kings landing to the ground with wildfire. Jaime chokes her to death but is too late to save all the people in kings landing, including himself. This would make killing the mad king Aerys (for the same crime) the foreshadowing for Jamie.

On 27/4/2016 at 11:14 AM, Danelle said:

There is also this, from Cat's pov,

I don't think that it has ever been suggested that Cersei will be undead, since Catelyn also mentions her white throat, I believe that the reference in the prophecy alludes to the fact that Cersei is pale.

Yep, however I think this quote from Catelyn to Brienne means one of the two will be involved in it (directly or not).

4 hours ago, krackensbane said:

I read something better awhile ago but cant remember where now. The idea goes that the death of Cersei's remaining children flip her royally over the edge and she decides to burn kings landing to the ground with wildfire. Jaime chokes her to death but is too late to save all the people in kings landing, including himself. This would make killing the mad king Aerys (for the same crime) the foreshadowing for Jamie.

I personally believe this. Cersei's eyes have been described akin to wildfire, and she overly enjoyed the burning of the tower of the hand with it as well. I think history will repeat itself. Daenerys will be close to King's Landing and Cersei will want to destroy the city. Jaime will learn of the plot and wrap his hands about he pale white throat and choke the life from her, and then kill himself.  

I don't think any wights can be choked to death, plus can there be wights beyond the wall? I don't know if the power that makes the dead rise works beyond the wall.

Any theories about that? 

9 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

The only thing about this prophecy that makes me pause is that I know how much GRRM likes to make things sound literal....but then completely flip its on it head.

As an example (made up), he prophesizes a soldier gets killed "by the sword".  Well, that soldier spends all his time avoiding sharp blades and swords to stay alive.  Yet he still dies.  But instead of him dying by a sword...he dies outside of a tavern called "The Sword".   So technically, he did perish "By the Sword".

GRRM likes to do these type of things.  So a part of me wonders if we are taking the whole words of the prophecy too literally (like the soldier in my example).

There is actually a fable about a boy whose father was told he would die by a lion. When the kid grew old, as he liked to hunt, the father locked him up in a tower and put a lot of paintings of wild animals. The kid, frustrated, punched the paint of the lion yelling "it was all your fault!!". His hand got infected by a wound, and he died. I think there is where GRRM is going.

On 4/28/2016 at 11:56 PM, HairGrowsBack said:

Yep, however I think this quote from Catelyn to Brienne means one of the two will be involved in it (directly or not).

A while ago someone had suggested that Catelyn could be the valonqar since she had other brothers, who had died as infants, which suggests that she is not necessarily Hoster and Minisa's firstborn.

I am not convinced by this theory though.

2 hours ago, Danelle said:

A while ago someone had suggested that Catelyn could be the valonqar since she had other brothers, who had died as infants, which suggests that she is not necessarily Hoster and Minisa's firstborn.

I am not convinced by this theory though.

Neither am I. I think Catelyn/LS's link to Cersei's death would be indirect at best. I believe Jaime will be the Valonqar (though I'm not 100% sure). The reason I'm bringing this quote up is because I think Brienne is the younger and more beautiful woman, tied to the Valonqar (Jaime). 

Archived