US Election: It's a post-TrumpDay world

TrackerNeil

Awesome - former Sanders staffers putting together a PAC to win congressional elections in 2018. This is so far the best news to come out of the election 

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/28/this_is_what_the_revolution_looks_like_former_sanders_staffers_are_launching_a_new_pac_aimed_at_midterm_congressional_elections/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

1 hour ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I wont vote for Clinton or Trump. My conscious will be clear when either of these two idiots has escalated us into the next series of bancrupting, nation building, disasters. I'll pass on supporting either of these warmongers.

Same.  TBH I am not sure which one of the two I should be more worried about when it comes to sticking our nose in places where it doesn't belong.

44 minutes ago, TrackerNeil said:

Credibility is in this circumstance like Yoda's cave on Dagobah: what you find there is what you bring with you. Those who are inclined to view Clinton with suspicion will think there is more to the email thing and Benghazi! than has been unearthed, and will likely think that no matter how little evidence endless investigations produce.

If there is one thing this election season has taught me it's that although Americans may vote for Hillary Clinton, they will insist upon distrusting and disliking her no matter what. I suspect that if the Seven were to materialize and declare in stentorian tones that Clinton is entirely innocent of Emailgate (or whatever we're calling it), there are those who would suspect that Clinton bought off the Father.

Nerd cred earned :P

I tend to agree with you here, but to be fair, a lot of it is self inflicted. You actually linked a really good article a while back that argued that point. Transparency and credibility have always been weak spots of hers which magnifies the email scandal. 

13 hours ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

Depending on the state, I hope you enjoy your Christmas card from the RNC.

Like I had to explain to my friends and family, me voting for Bernie will not be "handing the election to the Republicans." I live in Texas, so no matter who I vote for, Texas will go to the Republican candidate (as it has in every election after 1976). So I will not feel guilty if Hillary loses in November.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I tend to agree with you here, but to be fair, a lot of it is self inflicted. You actually linked a really good article a while back that argued that point. Transparency and credibility have always been weak spots of hers which magnifies the email scandal. 

I don't disagree, although I think Clinton comes by that wariness honestly. Back in the 90s she was mocked for the "vast right-wing conspiracy" comment, but she was pretty much right.

36 minutes ago, S John said:

Same.  TBH I am not sure which one of the two I should be more worried about when it comes to sticking our nose in places where it doesn't belong.

I do have some real concerns about Clinton's approach to foreign policy when it comes to interventions. I can't remember who it was, but a few weeks ago someone who worked under her or Obama while she was SoS was being interviewed and was asked point blank if there was ever a time when a possible intervention was discussed and she was against it and his answer was no, not a single time that he could recall. 

5 minutes ago, TrackerNeil said:

I don't disagree, although I think Clinton comes by that wariness honestly. Back in the 90s she was mocked for the "vast right-wing conspiracy" comment, but she was pretty much right.

Yeah I agree. It's understandable given how she's been burned in the past. But unfortunately for her the optics of it look terrible. Look at the Wall St. transcripts as an example. There probably isn't anything significant in them, but her refusal to release them causes suspicion. And Trump will use that against her.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I do have some real concerns about Clinton's approach to foreign policy when it comes to interventions. I can't remember who it was, but a few weeks ago someone who worked under her or Obama while she was SoS was being interviewed and was asked point blank if there was ever a time when a possible intervention was discussed and she was against it and his answer was no, not a single time that he could recall. 

On the other hand, she was strongly against how drones were used, and often advocated for slowing or stopping the program.  Especially after she went to Pakistan and talked to people there about how awful the drone program was.  

7 minutes ago, BloodRider said:

On the other hand, she was strongly against how drones were used, and often advocated for slowing or stopping the program.  Especially after she went to Pakistan and talked to people there about how awful the drone program was.  

I'm not saying she's all bad. Just that if that claim is true it's rather unsettling. 

I really really love this poll. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump and Clinton tied at 38% each. Despite speculation that Trump may have a problem with women voters, women and men are equally likely to say they would stay home or vote third party in the event of a Clinton-Trump race. Men prefer Trump by six points, while women give Clinton the edge by a similar margin.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/24_opt_out_of_a_clinton_trump_race

Trump is more toxic within his own party than Clinton is in hers. If Trump is the Republican nominee, 16% of GOP voters say they would choose a third-party candidate, while five percent (5%) would stay home. Sixty-six percent (66%) would vote for Trump, but 10% would vote for Clinton instead.

If Clinton is the Democratic nominee, 11% of Democrats would vote third-party, while three percent (3%) would stay home. Seventy-five percent (75%) would support the nominee, but 11% say they would vote for Trump.

Among voters not affiliated with either major party, nearly one-third say they would opt out: 21% would choose a candidate other than Trump or Clinton, and 10% would stay home. Trump leads Clinton 38% to 27% among unaffiliated voters.

1 hour ago, Stan the Man Baratheon said:

I really really love this poll. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely U.S. Voters finds Trump and Clinton tied at 38% each. Despite speculation that Trump may have a problem with women voters, women and men are equally likely to say they would stay home or vote third party in the event of a Clinton-Trump race. Men prefer Trump by six points, while women give Clinton the edge by a similar margin.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2016/24_opt_out_of_a_clinton_trump_race

I don't mean to sound rude, but what's your obsession with Trump? You're like an Australian who seems, literally, obsessive in his desire to see a reality TV star become president of a different country.  Why?

4 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I don't mean to sound rude, but what's your obsession with Trump? You're like an Australian who seems, literally, obsessive in his desire to see a reality TV star become president of a different country.  Why?

Because our elections are really dour this time around. Cardboard cutout Shorten vs Rich man's delight Turnbull. Its not as interesting as it was last time around during Tones vs Kevin. 

If we had a charismatic personality here this time around, i wouldn't be interested one bit in Trump. 

4 minutes ago, Stan the Man Baratheon said:

Because our elections are really dour this time around. Cardboard cutout Shorten vs Rich man's delight Turnbull. Its not as interesting as it was last time around during Tones vs Kevin. 

If we had a charismatic personality here this time around, i wouldn't be interested one bit in Trump. 

Fair enough.

1 hour ago, Stan the Man Baratheon said:

Rasmussen is objectively not very good at polling AND consistently biased for Republicans.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/rasmussen-polls-were-biased-and-inaccurate-quinnipiac-surveyusa-performed-strongly/

http://fivethirtyeight.com/interactives/pollster-ratings/

5 minutes ago, The Anti-Targ said:

So Cruz thinks prematurely announcing Fiorinna as has running mate is going to do something to stem the Trump tide? Is it because she's also a coporate insider instead of a Washington insider?

I think he needed something to get some media time and attention the day after getting blown out in five states (he might not have gotten a single delegate). I also wonder how many people were actually willing to join his ticket, given how widely loathed he is and how far behind he is. Fiorina must be desperate to stay relevant.

18 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I think he needed something to get some media time and attention the day after getting blown out in five states (he might not have gotten a single delegate). I also wonder how many people were actually willing to join his ticket, given how widely loathed he is and how far behind he is. Fiorina must be desperate to stay relevant.

She probably just joined so she could fire all of his campaigners when it's finally over.

Archived