Episode 4 title leaked

Clash

18 hours ago, Clash said:

Winter is Coming has published the title of the fourth episode which has come from a leak on the HBO Asia website. The title is

Hide contents

Book of the Stranger

Awesome, thanks.

6 hours ago, RadSam said:

Ohh, intriguing. I wonder if that will have something to do with Jon coming back? 

"Book of the Stranger" in reference to Jon?  I think it's definitely possible!

If it's quoted within the show I'd expect it to come from The High Sparrow, right?  Being a reference to that religion...

I'm hoping the Stranger operates in a similar manner to The Many Faced God... sort of "an eye for an eye" system.  Preferably that eye for an eye being Melisandre for Jon. 

Fingers crossed.  

47 minutes ago, The Answer said:

Awesome, thanks.

"Book of the Stranger" in reference to Jon?  I think it's definitely possible!

If it's quoted within the show I'd expect it to come from The High Sparrow, right?  Being a reference to that religion...

I'm hoping the Stranger operates in a similar manner to The Many Faced God... sort of "an eye for an eye" system.  Preferably that eye for an eye being Melisandre for Jon. 

Fingers crossed.  

two most obvious references is to the house of black and white since they worship death. Probably a confrontation with the faith in king's landing. Each of the seven probably have their own "book" like the book of john or etc...

54 minutes ago, RadSam said:

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced this episode will be the return of The Hound.

Genuinely interested in understanding the tie between the title and the Hound? Can you please explain? Must have missed something, apparently.

6 minutes ago, SedNonSatiata said:

Genuinely interested in understanding the tie between the title and the Hound? Can you please explain? Must have missed something, apparently.

We know (or strongly assume) that he'll be back this season. Ian McShane has said his role this season is to bring back a character everyone presumed dead. Assuming he is the Elder Brother, he's bringing back the Hound. He follows (I believe) the Seven.
The Stranger is his god of death.
The title 'Book of the Stranger' makes me think of the 'Book of the Dead' and the 'Book of Life'. (Quite a leap, I know.) 
If he's on the Quite Isle, it could be that he now worships 'the Stranger' or was healed with something from the Book of the Stranger. The book just feels to me like it's going to have something to do with healing or bringing someone back. 

Having said that, it could just be that it's about bringing Jon back. Maybe both? Maybe I'm just reaching because I want The Hound back. 

21 minutes ago, SedNonSatiata said:

Me too. The stranger represents death, so I'm not sure the title really gives anything away. Certainly not as specific as 'Oathbreaker' for episode three. If there isn't a death in one episode, that would be a surprise. :)

38 minutes ago, RadSam said:

The title 'Book of the Stranger' makes me think of the 'Book of the Dead' and the 'Book of Life'. (Quite a leap, I know.) 
If he's on the Quite Isle, it could be that he now worships 'the Stranger' or was healed with something from the Book of the Stranger. The book just feels to me like it's going to have something to do with healing or bringing someone back.  

That was my first thought so maybe not such a big leap.

1 hour ago, RadSam said:

We know (or strongly assume) that he'll be back this season. Ian McShane has said his role this season is to bring back a character everyone presumed dead. Assuming he is the Elder Brother, he's bringing back the Hound. He follows (I believe) the Seven.

Having said that, it could just be that it's about bringing Jon back. Maybe both? Maybe I'm just reaching because I want The Hound back. 

Quite an interesting explanation. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but in the books is The Hound's horse not called Stranger as well? Obviously it is a book only thing and only a minor aspect (as well as nothing to do with a book) but still could be a subtle hint/additional meaning. Probably just clutching at straws because like you I want the Hound back!  

Regardless of what the title is about I actually love it. 

53 minutes ago, Lord Oaf of Highgarden said:

Quite an interesting explanation. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but in the books is The Hound's horse not called Stranger as well? Obviously it is a book only thing and only a minor aspect (as well as nothing to do with a book) but still could be a subtle hint/additional meaning. Probably just clutching at straws because like you I want the Hound back!  

They like throwing in easter eggs like that...

I just thought that the religious text of the the seven probably has a book for each o the seven. The book of the mother book of the smith book of the crone and etc...

4 hours ago, RadSam said:

Thank you for the explanation, definitely makes sense now. 

I don't think the title not just indicate the Hound's resurrection. I think there also gonna be Jon's resurrection or the Braavos play happening, considering the latter has Arya involves who's currently following the Many Face God that values death.

Keep in mind, according to HBO's schedule, episode 4 is gonna be 59 minutes long. 

So we know that the stranger is who awaits us when we die, to take us on to the next world...

The Return of the Hound (whose horse was named stranger)? Wasn't he suspected to be the fieldworker that Brienne stumbled upon with the old Septon in, i think, the riverlands? Perhaps he's come back to KL?

Jamie refers to Cersei as the stranger in the books... perhaps this is where he realizes that she was playing him all along?

Obvious potential references to the house of black and white, potentially Arya taking her first life?

Perhaps Jon is taken to the Godswood to meet the stranger in this episode?

10 hours ago, Lord Oaf of Highgarden said:

Yep, I thought that about the horse too, but didn't bother mentioning it because I view the books and show as two separate things. 

I also like to think that the Hound has turned a new leaf and is converted and now worships The Stranger. 

Archived