Dorne

Padraig O'Sullivan

The Dornish storyline in the show is the most upsetting to me. All the way from the intro (the city of dorne...?) to the portrayal of Doran Martell as a naive, soft-hearted moron who doesn´t even control his own guards. I´m very curious on how the show wants to develop this plot without prince doran as the master schemer, are the dornish nobles really going to follow some bastard girls into open rebellion?

It seems like the showrunners don´t care anymore. Dorne ist just a clusterfuck of shock and nonesense. And I´m going to watch it anyway. :blush:

Well, I expect Dorne to be marching somewhere but do they invade the Reach or do they wait to be attacked? They are at war now and I suspect that Jaime will be sent to resolve the Riverlands and Riverrun to free up the Lannister forces to fight the Dornish. Just a thought. Also, who holds Storm's end and what is left of the Stormland forces, it is right there North of Dorne and there has been nothing spoken of it. Also, Kings Landing should hear of Stannis's defeat and death soon so that may impact the  Military Theater around the Stormlands as welll.

On 4/29/2016 at 4:20 PM, Ser Tristan Flowers said:

The Dornish storyline in the show is the most upsetting to me. All the way from the intro (the city of dorne...?) to the portrayal of Doran Martell as a naive, soft-hearted moron who doesn´t even control his own guards. I´m very curious on how the show wants to develop this plot without prince doran as the master schemer, are the dornish nobles really going to follow some bastard girls into open rebellion?

It seems like the showrunners don´t care anymore. Dorne ist just a clusterfuck of shock and nonesense. And I´m going to watch it anyway. :blush:

Basically this. I will watch it also, but I must complain in the process:P

What Dornish lords are people talking about? There was no mention of any, none were shown. Dorne now has 4 mad kinslaying psychos and a handful of morons as guards. They'll be disposed of by someone, anyone, and all I can hope for at this point is that it happens off screen. 

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

What Dornish lords are people talking about? There was no mention of any, none were shown. Dorne now has 4 mad kinslaying psychos and a handful of morons as guards. They'll be disposed of by someone, anyone, and all I can hope for at this point is that it happens off screen. 

All the ones mentioned when Tyrion goes to greet Oberyn and has Bronn and Pod tell him all the banners and sigils they can see

10 hours ago, Stuart Littlefinger said:

All the ones mentioned when Tyrion goes to greet Oberyn and has Bronn and Pod tell him all the banners and sigils they can see

Ah true. Completely forgot that, but that was s 4, right? Was there any mention of Dornish lords again last year? 

7 minutes ago, Miley the Monstrous said:

Trust me, book dorne is just a tiny bit better than the show version.

I like book Dorne very much, and many others do, too. Point is, opinions do vary and it's not like yours is better than mine or anyone else's. 

I believe Dorne had very good potential..

1)Location-The place looked really nice, you could feel the warmth in the shots, just like you feel the cold in the north

2)Actors - Doran is played by an awesome actor. Ellaria must have stuck to her poisons and killed Myrcella [without the SS vengence,capture etc].

The SS must have been shown as the peoples heros rather than mama's children for the story they chose, to work.

3) The game -

Doran should have been like Baelish. Calculating person. Who sends his son to take the small concil seat along with 50 men. He must have advised Trystane to use myrcella and thereby the king to influence decisions. Or he could have sent Trystane to Mereen to ask for Danys hand in marriage.

His master plan being in either case being a Lannister downfall.

I dont fully agree with the OP regarding casting more characters... You have few characters and give them som good script..more characters just tend to rush things. (Sadly it is worse)

2 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I like book Dorne very much, and many others do, too. Point is, opinions do vary and it's not like yours is better than mine or anyone else's. 

Love book Dorne. Love the book Dornish. The book Martells would not slaughter their own family members over nothing.

On 4/30/2016 at 11:46 PM, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Even people who haven't read hate Dorne, so don't feel yourself excluded :P

It was such a huge letdown after Pedro Pascal's amazing portrayal of Oberyn. A sentiment both TV and book fans share.

53 minutes ago, Marcus Agrippa said:

I was fine with Doran's death, I am 11000000000% pissed with trystane. It looks like all the great houses will be rules by bastards by the end of the show. I hope Martin doesn't do it in the books.

I wasn´t fine with Doran´s death, I think book Doran is very intriguing and personally for me one of the most anticipated plots in the books. So much workup and mistery to then have him die this pathetic death, if this happens in the books I would be beyond disappointed, but I´m sure it won´t.

Anyway, letting Tristan die is even worse because it´s completely pointless. Having a young Martell as figurehead is about the best the sandsnakes could hope for. We don´t get much of a view on Trystanes inner makeup but considering his age it should be expected that he can be manipulated. Having sandsnakes kill their own blood relative mercilessly for no reason at all is just ridiculous.

Dorn can serve as a distraction for the Lannisters (what is left of them). 

While they are busy dealing with each other, here comes Danny and the white walkers and all the actual things that matter. 

There could be a bit of a final theme of, all the politics and religion arguing are actually meaningless when dragons and zombies show up. 

Archived