Songs for Characters

dsug

I know these threads come and go all the time, but I heard a song for the first time in a while today and it really gave me an ASOIAF vibe. 

Heart Shaped Box by Nirvana really applies to Jaime Lannister, particularly his relationship to Cersei. Being in a rocky relationship with a manipulative, emasculating, and "bad influence woman". 

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nirvana/heartshapedbox112621.html

speaking of Cersei, Gods and Monsters by Lana Del Rey almost seems like it was written about her. Disgust with religion, self medicating with alcohol and sex, lamenting on lost innocence. 

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/lanadelrey/godsmonsters.html

So yeah. Just figured I'd share. Anyone else have songs that remind them of ASOIAF? 

Ahh what a cool topic!

The one i immediately thought of was 'The Wolves' by Bon Iver, it's so haunting and makes me think of the Stark kids every time.

Also 'Never Let Me Go' by Florence & the Machine has strong sad Theon Greyjoy vibes- it basically uses drowning in the ocean as a metaphor for giving in, and being a sinner being cleansed by the waves. (The Drowned God, anyone?)

Ps. I love Gods and Monsters for Cersei, thats such a good fit

Robert/Stannis Baratheon - King of Kings : Motorhead

Renly : Supermodel : Rupaul

Jon Snow : Back 2 Life : Mary J Blige

Tyrion Lannister : Prostitute 2 : Lil Wayne

Brotherhood Without Banners : Highway Man : The Highway Men

Jamie/Cersei Lannister : Poison & Wine : The Civil Wars

Sansa Stark : S.E.X : Lyfe Jennings

Dolorous Edd : Teenage Dirtbag : Wheetus (or some shit)

Varys : Kangaroo Court : Capital Cities

Hair of the Dog for Sandor

I saw red for Sansa

authority song- Bittersteel

Evil woman/ Sister Golden Hair- Cersei

Only the good die young -Robb Stark

Fire woman- Melissdre

Of wolf and man -Starks

Answer to no one- Jamie

Back in Black- Night's watch

Waiting for a girl like you -Dany ( Because she's never coming to Westeros)

Immigrant song/- Iron born

Sail- Victoran

I need a hero- Sansa

independent woman- Lyanna

She's  like the wind - Robert thinking about Lyanna

Green River- Howland Reed

O fortuna- Arthur Dayne

Bits and pieces/ Take another little piece of my heart- ramsey

What goes around, comes back around- Theon

I'm wild one- Brandon Stark

I can imagine a fanvid of Stannis with "Hello Darkness my old friend...".

3 hours ago, Miley the Monstrous said:

It's a cliche but Sia's "She-wolf" is totally from jon connington's point of view (down to the "falling to pieces" bit)

Hate Sia but I will listen to this... it's better good or I will haunt you ¬¬

Limit to your love by James Blake -  reminds of Jaime and Cersei. Probably playing in the background while Jaime returns to Riverlands after Tyrion's escape

My mistakes were made for you by The Last Shadow Puppets - also reminds of Cersei through Jaime's perspective. Kind of.

Weird Fishes by Radiohead - Theon. Dunno why. Makes me think about how he could use a swift, painless death so he can go visit the Drowned God's watery halls, maybe

I wanna be adored by The Stone Roses - Tyrion, maybe?

10 hours ago, Company of the Cat said:

Limit to your love by James Blake -  reminds of Jaime and Cersei. Probably playing in the background while Jaime returns to Riverlands after Tyrion's escape

My mistakes were made for you by The Last Shadow Puppets - also reminds of Cersei through Jaime's perspective. Kind of.

Weird Fishes by Radiohead - Theon. Dunno why. Makes me think about how he could use a swift, painless death so he can go visit the Drowned God's watery halls, maybe

I wanna be adored by The Stone Roses - Tyrion, maybe?

Perhaps The Stone Roses' 'Fool's gold' could relate to Cersei in some way.  :P  As for Radiohead 'Creep' maybe to describe Pycelle?  :dunno:  Anyway, cool bands Company of the Cat. 

Archived