First Use of this word in the series

ser charles candle

3 minutes ago, White lilly said:

I know I'm parcial on not being Rickon but I do believe it makes more sense being Theon. He tells Sansa how he's in debt with Starks so I see "home" as being Winterfell, after all it was his home for a long time. Also, if the theory of the Umber replacing the Manderlys are to be correct, it would make sense them capturing Theon to prove their alliance to the Boltons but at the same time, since he destroyed Winterfell they have no reason to keep him alive.
Please, don't kill Rickon. (ok, I'll stop with that, lol)

True, but then why would it be Umbers who found him? However far North Sansa, Theon, Brienne and Pod are (and it seems unlikely they're that far north of Winterfell, as Sansa and Theon were on foot, and - unless there were several unmentioned off-screen days between S5E10 and S6E1 - haven't been going more than a day), Theon is heading away from Umber territory, while Sansa, Brienne and Pod are heading closer to it. Unless D+D have just decided to ignore book Northern geography.

On 5/1/2016 at 9:32 PM, ToTheWolves said:

I believe the gift that Ramsay gets will be rickon. I strongly believe rickon will die this season.  Based off the trailers we know the umbers will be fighting for Ramsay. In the show it was said the osha took rickon to last harth...soo.

I also believe the 'gift' is Rickon.  Ramsay would consider him quite a gift indeed.  What I wonder if who gives Rickon to Ramsay?  I tend to go with the Littlefinger guess as this would be a crummy thing to do to a little boy, and a rotten thing to do to Sansa, so natch I immediately thought of Baelish. 

Why is no one worried about the imminent meeting of Brienne with Melisandre? Brienne avenged Renly by killing Stannis, but she would know that Melisandre was more responsible for that than Stannis. Sansa on the other hand, would not want Jon's savior to be killed by her guard. Sansa swore an oath that said she will never ask Brienne to do anything that would dishonour her. But the show could easily skim over all that much like how they let Brienne keep mum about the fact that she beat Arya's protector to death.

Other Oathbreaker motifs possible in ep3:

-Jon deciding to leave the Watch and retake the North. Or, Jon doing anything to aid Sansa retake the North will be against his NW oath.

-Ned Stark is exposed as an Oathbreaker through ToJ scene. (His loyalty to Robert). Or, Arthur Dayne could be involved in some secret oathbreaking.

-Dany and the Dosh Khaleen - Dany probably broke some Dothraki wedding oath

-Jaime having a RR flashback - that shadow scene from the trailers

-Alliser Thorne and co. get burned.

-Sam meets his father, who calls him Oathbreaker (Randyll Tarly - needs no reason to hate Sam)

- Umbers breaking their vow to Robb by delivering Rickon to Ramsay

It could be Theon.  Going "home" to Winterfell.  Giving himself up to throw Ramsay off Sansa's trail.

Or it could be Stannis.  Never saw him die.  Major characters have to die on screen!

I suspect most, or all of the characters will be Oathbreakers this episode.

Jon leaves the watch, or changes the rules

Allister Thorne is called an oathbreaker for his assassination.

the Umber is an oathbreaker for joining Theon, 

Arya for lying about who she is.

Brienne because of somthing she does.

Jon is the obvious one, and with the ending of the last episode the one we all expect.  D&D like to troll us so I wont be surprised if OAthbreaker has absolutely NOTHING to do with Jon lol.

I also think one of the oaths being broken will be the umbers breaking fealty to the starks by handing over Rickon. I think later we may find out that its a ruse, or perhaps not as big of a gift as it first appears the: "do you like to play games, little man?" - if this line is indeed said to Rickon (or even potentially to a Frickon), the only way I would like to see this play out is a little crackpot but, damn it would be satisfying.

SO:Since Ramsay really wouldn't want an alive Rickon any more than he wanted an alive baby brother, (both would represent threats to his power) we know that if Rickon is indeed the gift it wouldnt bode well for Rickon. even if he is used as "bait" Ramsay doesnt strike me as an honest enough person to keep him alive after setting the trap.

We also know that Ramsay's favorite ways of getting rid of people typically include flaying (which, when he does this he likes to take his time) or setting his dogs on the person (pretty immediate but still viciously satisfying to him), so we can assume that either of these options would be Rickon's fate (if Ramsay has his way).

Now, Ramsay is smiling pretty big in the trailer, and i'd wager that he'd be less ecstatic looking if shaggy dog was with Rickon. SO this brings me to what I'd like to see:

Ramsay sets up one of his Hound hunts where he's going to set Rickon free to play a little game. ("do you like to play games little man")  Rickon, of course, begins to run, and once Ramsay releases his hounds, shaggydog (maybe in the company of the real Rickon, or maybe just with Osha) comes out of the woodwork and beats their houndy asses with his superior direwolfyness, and Osha's wildlingy awesome ness. Ramsay is absolutely gobsmacked that all of his precious hounds have been torn to itty bitty houndy pieces, and now not only has he lost sansa because of his cruelty, but he's also lost Rickon and his dogs due to his innate cruelty and need for excessive violence. maybe shaggy kills Ramsay, maybe he doesn't.

All I know is that Ramsay needs to have some blowback. He has made theon into a eunuch (and more), raped and brutalized Sansa, and killed a newborn, and his step mom and dad. I dont think we need further proof in the way of people actually dying to prove to us that Ramsay is a sadistic and crazy scary dude, any more wins for him, and I honestly have to say he will become kinda flat and one dimensional. Id like to see a bit of payback, and Im ok with Shaggy not killing Ramsay because I still would love to see sansa look him in the eyes as she slowly slits his throat

It could be heartbreaking if one of the Oathbreakers turns out to be young Ned promising to his dying sister. Does anyone really know what he promised to Lyanna? It's all guess work. As the audience we would know if he did or didn't do what she asked as he was promising it. 

On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Hos the Hostage said:

Why is no one worried about the imminent meeting of Brienne with Melisandre? Brienne avenged Renly by killing Stannis, but she would know that Melisandre was more responsible for that than Stannis. Sansa on the other hand, would not want Jon's savior to be killed by her guard. Sansa swore an oath that said she will never ask Brienne to do anything that would dishonour her. But the show could easily skim over all that much like how they let Brienne keep mum about the fact that she beat Arya's protector to death.

Other Oathbreaker motifs possible in ep3:

-Jon deciding to leave the Watch and retake the North. Or, Jon doing anything to aid Sansa retake the North will be against his NW oath.

-Ned Stark is exposed as an Oathbreaker through ToJ scene. (His loyalty to Robert). Or, Arthur Dayne could be involved in some secret oathbreaking.

-Dany and the Dosh Khaleen - Dany probably broke some Dothraki wedding oath

-Jaime having a RR flashback - that shadow scene from the trailers

-Alliser Thorne and co. get burned.

-Sam meets his father, who calls him Oathbreaker (Randyll Tarly - needs no reason to hate Sam)

- Umbers breaking their vow to Robb by delivering Rickon to Ramsay

How about a lil twist, ned stark breaking his promise by telling what he was supposed to keep secret to Howland Reed. The sheer weight of what ned told howland has kept him from getting  too involved as a result.

On 5/3/2016 at 3:41 AM, Aerys Blackfyre said:

in season 1 Robb Stark has a conversation with jon Umber about oathbreakers... remember?

I don't remember that.  What was it about?

Does anyone think the Umbers could be still loyal to the Starks and are using Rickon or fRickon to get close to Ramsay?  Then betray him? I personally would prefer to see Jon Snow kill Ramsay, but I'll be happy with either.

3 hours ago, DesertRose said:

Does anyone think the Umbers could be still loyal to the Starks and are using Rickon or fRickon to get close to Ramsay?

I doubt it. D&D are notorious bad in explaining motives but the Wildlings in the Gift would be a good motivation for the Umbers to search for help by the Lord of Winterfell.

19 hours ago, DesertRose said:

I don't remember that.  What was it about?.

In season 1, Rob was going to have another house lead the vanguard and the Umbers didn't like that. Greatjon said if he doesn't lead the vanguard than he'll march his troops back up north. Rob said he'd hang him as an oathbreaker. Of course Greatjon got really offended at being called that.

On May 2, 2016 at 3:36 AM, Tall Tyrion Lannister! said:

I'll find a way to merge through the tv and into the show if he touches Rickon.

On May 2, 2016 at 8:23 AM, A Ghost of Someone said:

I felt the same way about Sansa last season but alas, I failed to make it through. Good luck to you.

I know! I tried for Shireen and only managed to get burned. :o Rickon!

Archived