First Use of this word in the series

ser charles candle

11 hours ago, ser charles candle said:

Bran I

" In truth, the man was an oathbreaker, a deserter from the Night's Watch"

I know it's a stretch, but here is for hoping it's something about Jon. 

Truth be told, Jon does refer to himself as an oathbreaker, in reference to him laying with Ygritte and thus breaking his vows. But still, we can hope :) 

24 minutes ago, ser charles candle said:

It's a stretch, the title of the episode is "Oathbreaker", and the first time in the series this word is used on a deserter of the Night's Watch. Just hoping the title is about Jon.  

I like it better than a reference to Brienne.

If it were about the group (Davos + Jons supporters) then it would be "Oathbreakers". So could be just Jon but I fear the title is too obvious and  just a tease.

Maybe something that Brienne does, for example, force Sansa to go in a different direction 'for her own good' maybe.. ?

Did Arya swear an oath? She may just decide to go home & seek vengeance thereby breaking her oath to become a faceless man or no-one ?

Sansas marriage oath to Ramsay? Probably not.

Flashback to Jamie breaking his oath to the Mad King? Or something related to Kings Guard at the Tower of Joy?

Flashback to Eddard making an oath to Lyanna that he would make sure the rightful king took his place... ["Promise me ned...." R+L=J] ? I have my money on this one!! 

Or maybe & hopefully BENJEN returns!!! He is the oathbreaker. That would be awesome! :) 

I expect a flashback scene in the episode Oathbreaker that will give some insight into who's Jons parents actually are.  Hoping too that we will see our family friend Rob Aramayo appear shortly. He's contractually  bound to keep the details secret ... rats! :)

I wonder if Oathbreaker could refer to Jon in the sense that once he's brought back people in the north that don't know he died will think he's deserting the Night's Watch. They might try to sentence him to death or something but that would be a stretch to have all of that happen in episode 3.. especially with everything else that's going on in the north. 

I think it's most likely Bran having a flashback where he sees what really happened when Jaime killed the mad king. If I remember right when he's in the tub with Brienne he calls himself both kingslayer and oathbreaker. 

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I have that feeling. the Theme will be betrayals. I have not seen the episode description but that should be the general theme.

Here you go

Daenerys meets her future. Bran meets the past. Tommen confronts the High Sparrow. Arya trains to be No One. Varys finds an answer. Ramsay gets a gift.

6 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I will take a stab at this, who would give Ramsay a gift and what or who could that be? Bran meets the past, leans a truth about something? Who is the most famous Oathbraker on the show or in the book? Ser Jaime.

I have this nasty feeling that we're completely wandering in the dark here... Still can't wait to see the episode!

19 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I will take a stab at this, who would give Ramsay a gift and what or who could that be? Bran meets the past, leans a truth about something? Who is the most famous Oathbraker on the show or in the book? Ser Jaime.

The "gift" has me baffled too.. and a little scared.

Could it be the Blackfish? (he could become Ramsays new Reek)

Rickon? (Please no!)

Fake Arya? (Jeyne Poole)

Ramsays own d**k in a box? That would be so nice but who would be capable of doing that? (Yara & Theons uncles?)

Could the gift be news of Jon Snows death? Maybe the new Lord Commander Mallister captures Sansa and sends a letter informing Ramsay.

Fat Walda falls from a horse/ has a miscarriage?

Allegiance of the Freys? (would they still have this through Walda even though they went against the Lannisters via Ramsays marriage to Sansa?)

Sansa has a miscarriage and sends the dead foetus to Ramsay.... Ewwwww! (Is that too much for GoT?)

1 hour ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Rickon? (Please no!)

Fake Arya? (Jeyne Poole)

Ramsays own d**k in a box? That would be so nice but who would be capable of doing that? (Yara & Theons uncles?)

Could the gift be news of Jon Snows death? Maybe the new Lord Commander Mallister captures Sansa and sends a letter informing Ramsay.

Allegiance of the Freys? (would they still have this through Walda even though they went against the Lannisters via Ramsays marriage to Sansa?)

Sansa has a miscarriage and sends the dead foetus to Ramsay.... Ewwwww! (Is that too much for GoT?)

Reinforcements from White Harbor to deal with the threat of a wildling army at the steps of WF. ;)

The idea of him receiving a gift is mysterious. 

1 hour ago, SedNonSatiata said:

I have this nasty feeling that we're completely wandering in the dark here... Still can't wait to see the episode!

1 hour ago, Jon Snow Bengal said:

Rickon? (Please no!)

Fake Arya? (Jeyne Poole)

Ramsay's voice in trailers. " Do you like to play games, little man ?". He is talking to a child or a dwarf. Tyfion is in Mereen. Who do you think he is talking to,? RICKON.

Archived