Flashback to Tower of Joy

old_smith

I am just wondering if we will finally see Howland Reed in this season.  The reason I suspect that we might is that there IS going to be a flashback of the action at the Tower of Joy and a possible resolution of the origin of Jon Snow. Now flashbacks are usually prompted from and related by someone who experienced it.  In this instance, only 2 people survived and knew what occurred- Ned Stark and Howland Reed. Since Ned is dead, the only viewpoint of the flashback MUST be from Howland's view.  It would be awkward to present the action all by itself, without a context supplied by the relator...hence the appearance of Howland.  Does this make sense, or does someone else have a suggestion?

It won't be from Howland Reed's POV but Bran Stark will use his new powers having trained with the blood Raven and the Children of the forest, to see past/present/future events. Thus, bran will watch the tower of joy like a spectator and will then find out his older brother jon's true parentage. (Shall I say cousin Jon);) I expect this to unfold in episode 3 as the synopsis for the episode says "bran meets the past". I hope this helps. 

Valar Morghulis 

6 hours ago, Seany2512 said:

It won't be from Howland Reed's POV but Bran Stark will use his new powers having trained with the blood Raven and the Children of the forest, to see past/present/future events. Thus, bran will watch the tower of joy like a spectator and will then find out his older brother jon's true parentage. (Shall I say cousin Jon);) I expect this to unfold in episode 3 as the synopsis for the episode says "bran meets the past". I hope this helps. 

Valar Morghulis 

Most likely this.  I think most assume something along these lines.  We may find out in E2.

13 hours ago, Seany2512 said:

Valar Morghulis 

This -- it is known. We have fairly good confirmation that ToJ happens in Ep 3 (one of the actors cast for that scene indicated he would appear in Ep 3) -- so we will see Howland Reed -- just a young HR -- who apparently kills Arthur Dayne right as he is about to kill Ned. And yes, I think it is fairly agreed that this scene will be seen through Bran having a "vision" of the past.

Archived