Theory for the Ending, Azor Ahai, Lightbringer, etc

chrisdaw

The following points make up the basic outline of the prediction that I will try and explain and justify via the text.

• Dany and Euron wed.
  • Drogo is bound to Drogon by blood. He died but his spirit lives on in Drogon
  • Euron will commit the treason for blood against Dany. The result of his betrayal is he will take the place of Drogo inside Drogon.
  • With Euron inside of him, Drogon becomes demonic, afflicted by a type of Greyscale, Stone Drogon. This is the dragon that needs waking from stone and the mount to dread.
  • Dany will attempt to cure Drogon of his corruption, she will seek to wake the dragon from stone. This will result in her seeking to get pregnant by Jon. This is the mount to bed.
  • Dany will trick Jon into bedding her, using a glamour to appear to him as Ygritte. It will be successful, she will become pregnant by him, this is the treason for love, committed by Dany against Jon her king.
  • A pregnant Dany will return to Drogon around Dragonstone.
  • Cataclysmic events will then happen on Dragonstone, a new doom, and Dany will give birth to a living child. The prince(ess) that was promised.
  • Through sacrifice Drogon will be cured of the useless state Euron's corruption had gradually caused. The newly awakened Drogon will be similar to Balerion in size and ability, she is Lightbringer, and she will end the Long Night.

This will be a long theory spread over many replies by necessity that will cover all things related to AA, Lightbringer, Dany's HOTU stuff, MMD warning and a lot more leading up to the ending of the series. A lot of it is about Dany, a lot about Jon, a lot about Euron and some Drogo but primarily it turns out the majority is about Drogon. That's because the other dragons are going to die, Rhaegal with Aegon and Viserion at the God's eye though his rider will survive him. But those are side theories and I won't go into detail, but when they die the only hope for surviving the Others will be Drogon, and Drogon is going to become corrupted.

This topic is my second attempt, the first, below, grew on me and became an unwieldy mess. I know better now the size and extent, and this time I will endeavour to keep it all straight, attempt to go at it chronologically.

Dany and Euron wed, Euron's motivation.

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

. . . mother of dragons, bride of fire . . .

This HOTU vision belonging to Dany is of Euron. Note the grey, corpse, dead and sad smile. The vision is grouped with her Silver vision that represents Drogon and the blue flower in the ice wall, for Jon. These are her lovers/husbands, the three that particularly matter. Why they matter as opposed to Hizdar or Daario I'll explain later.

. . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . .

Dany's three mounts referred to here are the same three as above. Euron is the one to dread.

Euron is foreshadowed by the legendary first King of the Iron Islands, The Grey King. This is based on colour association, grey, and that the Grey King is king of the Iron Islands like Euron.

In the Age of Heroes, the legends say, the ironborn were ruled by a mighty monarch known simply as the Grey King. The Grey King ruled the sea itself and took a mermaid to wife, so his sons and daughters might live above the waves or beneath them as they chose.

Euron will take a dragon-woman to wife, so he can fly.

The below is from Euron's heart to heart with Victarion, I quote it here so the similarities between it and the above passage are apparent.

The Crow's Eye had taken Lord Hewett's bedchamber along with his bastard daughter. When he entered, the girl was sprawled naked on the bed, snoring softly. Euron stood by the window, drinking from a silver cup. He wore the sable cloak he took from Blacktyde, his red leather eye patch, and nothing else. "When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly," he announced. "When I woke, I couldn't . . . or so the maester said. But what if he lied?"

Victarion could smell the sea through the open window, though the room stank of wine and blood and sex. The cold salt air helped to clear his head. "What do you mean?"

Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. "Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower?" The wind came gusting through the window and stirred his sable cloak. There was something obscene and disturbing about his nakedness. "No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares to leap."

"I could sail the Iron Fleet to hell if need be." When Victarion opened his hand, his palm was red with blood. "I'll go to Slaver's Bay, aye. I'll find this dragon woman, and I'll bring her back."

Euron is also foreshadowed by the Bloodstone Emperor. I'll explain how Bloodstone relates to Euron later.

When the daughter of the Opal Emperor succeeded him as the Amethyst Empress, her envious younger brother cast her down and slew her, proclaiming himself the Bloodstone Emperor and beginning a reign of terror. He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride, feasted on human flesh, and cast down the true gods to worship a black stone that had fallen from the sky.

The Amethyst Empress was a woman (there's a reason for that, explained later), but what the Bloodstone Emperor did to her is basically what Euron has done to Balon. He took a tiger-woman to bride, again a half animal half woman being. There's more to Dany equating to a tiger and Euron with their pelts, but I'm not going to go into it, I don't think I need to to make the point. Aligning with more of the Bloodstone Emperor in the above passage, Euron has necromancers captive, forced them into cannibalism, seems neck deep in dark arts and has began enslaving which is disturbing to Victarion and Rodrik, as the Ironborn historically do not enslave.

Euron is foreshadowed by the Ironborn Hoare kings.

Archmaester Hake tells us that the kings of House Hoare were, "black of hair, black of eye, and black of heart." Their foes claimed their blood was black as well, darkened by the "Andal taint," for many of the early Hoare kings took maidens of that ilk to wife. True Ironborn had salt water in their veins, the priests of the Drowned Gods proclaimed; the black-blooded Hoares were false kings, ungodly usurpers who must be cast down.

Many tried to do just that over the centuries, as Haereg relates in some detail. None succeeded. What the Hoares lacked in valor they made up for in cunning and cruelty. Few of their subjects ever loved them, but many had good reason to fear their wroth. Their very names proclaim their nature to us, even after the passage of hundreds of years. Wulfgar the Widowmaker. Horgan Priestkiller. Fergon the Fierce. Othgar the Soulless. Othgar Demonlover. Craghorn of the Red Smile. The priests of the Drowned God denounced them all. Were the kings of House Hoare truly as ungodly as these holy men proclaimed? Hake believes they were, but Archmaester Haereg takes a very different view, suggesting that the true crime of the "black-blooded" kings was neither impiety nor demon-worship, but tolerance. For it was under the Hoares that the Faith of the Andals came to the Iron Islands for the first time.

Prompted by their Andal queens, these kings granted the septas and septons their protection and gave them leave to move about the islands, preaching of the Seven.

That the Hoare kings foreshadow Euron is conveyed through their relationship with the priests of the Drowned God. If we recall Aeron's whole problem with Euron is that no godless man may sit the Seastone Chair. The Hoares took Andal queens.

Then there's the foreshadowing that isn't foreshadowing. It's plainly in the text that Euron intends to wed Dany, that is why he sends Victarion to collect her. And Dany will need his ships to go West, and a captain now that Groleo is dead.

There's also the Dragon Horn Euron possesses. Dany thinks about her need for such a horn.

The dragonlords of old Valyria had controlled their mounts with binding spells and sorcerous horns. Daenarys made do with a word and whip. Mounted on the dragon's back, she oft felt as if she were learning to ride all over again. When she whipped ...

Sometimes it did not seem to matter where she struck him though; sometimes he went where he would and took her with him. Neither whip nor words would turn Drogon if he did not wish to be turned. The whip annoyed him more than it hurt him ...

And finally there was another man who tried to wed Dany for a dragon.

"Forgive me, my queen, but it is your dragons he dreams of."

"Xaro assures me that in Qarth, man and woman each retain their own property after they are wed. The dragons are mine." She smiled as Drogon came hopping and flapping across the marble floor to crawl up on the cushion beside her.

"He tells it true as far as it goes, but there's one thing he failed to mention. The Qartheen have a curious wedding custom, my queen. On the day of their union, a wife may ask a token of love from her husband. Whatsoever she desires of his worldly goods, he must grant. And he may ask the same of her. One thing only may be asked, but whatever is named may not be denied."

"One thing," she repeated. "And it may not be denied?"

"With one dragon, Xaro Xhoan Daxos would rule this city, but one ship will further our cause but little."

Xaro failed, Euron will not. Note the inclusion of one ship would further their cause only little, in comparison Euron has sent the Iron Fleet, and brings much more to the table than Xaro. He's attractive, he is attracted to women, he comes with the whole Ironborn and he's charming. I also propose he will be fighting Aegon when Dany arrives, who is set to be Dany's nemesis.

Now obviously Victarion's current thinking and plans are an impediment to Euron's. Now I'm not going to theorise in any detail as to how Euron will overcome this, I will simply assume Euron has his measure, almost certainly something to do with the Dusky Woman, and that Euron will have his way and win out over Victarion in the short term, as per all the foreshadowing above and below.

In summary, Dany and Euron wed.

Euron and the Ironborn will Prosper from use of Drogon as a Weapon.

In the interest of trying to keep this all straight in your head as you read this it may be useful information to know I wasn't sure to put this heading before the few following or not, or if I should maybe amalgamate them all. The order here and the delineation I've drawn is fluid. The prospering and betraying/thralling of Drogon may be one and the same. Doing it this way will cause repetition that I'm hoping will be made up for in clarity. 

No particular detail here, just connecting some foreshadowing of the Ironborn/Euron prospering from Drogon, obtaining him and using him as a weapon, which strengthens this whole side of the theory.

The Grey King slew the dragon Nagga.

Nagga had been the first sea dragon, the mightiest ever to rise from the waves. She fed on krakens and leviathans and drowned whole islands in her wrath, yet the Grey King had slain her and the Drowned God had changed her bones to stone so that men might never cease to wonder at the courage of the first kings. Nagga's ribs became the beams and pillars of his longhall, just as her jaws became his throne.

From the description here and by her simply being a dragon we can connect Nagga to Drogon. Nagga is female to connect to Dany. Nagga's bones became the Grey King's throne and longhall. Also her teeth became his crown but that's in other text, which I will probably quote later.

The hall had been warmed by Nagga's living fire, which the Grey had made his thrall.

The Grey King profits from Nagga's fire too, he makes it his thrall and uses it to heat his hall.

The Isle of Cedars. Where were these cedars? Drowned four hundred years ago, it seemed. Victarion had gone ashore a dozen times, hunting fresh meat, and had yet to see a cedar.

The girlish master Euron had inflicted upon him back in Westeros claimed this place had once been called 'the Isle of a Hundred Battles,' but the men who had fought those battles had all gone to dust centuries ago. The Isle of Monkeys, that's what they should call it. There were pigs as well: the biggest, blackest boars that any ironborn had ever seen and plenty of squealing piglets in the brush, bold creatures that had no fear of man. They were learning, though. The larders of the Iron Fleet were filling up with smoked hams, salted pork, and bacon.

The great black boars with no fear of man foreshadow Drogon. The Ironborn harvest the boars and fill the Iron Fleet.

When the daughter of the Opal Emperor succeeded him as the Amethyst Empress, her envious younger brother cast her down and slew her, proclaiming himself the Bloodstone Emperor and beginning a reign of terror. He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride, feasted on human flesh, and cast down the true gods to worship a black stone that had fallen from the sky.

A little different from profiting or using as a weapon this one, the Bloodstone emperor worshipped a black stone from the sky. The black stone from the sky is Drogon.

Most famous of all was Balon Blackskin, who fought with an axe in his left and a hammer in his right. No weapon made of man could harm him, it was said; swords glanced off and left no mark, and axes shattered against his skin.

Did such men ever truly walk the earth?

This is a legend of a Salt King from the Iron Islands. It is foreshadowing Drogon, marked by the black skin and immunity to weapons, as a dragons scales are. No man has ever truly walked the earth, but such dragons have flew, and one such exists presently.

in such numbers that the men of the greenlands told each other that the ironborn were demons risen from some watery hell, protected by fell sorceries and possessed of foul black weapons that drank the very souls of those they slew.

Drogon is the foul black weapon.

It was the Grey King who brought fire to the earth by taunting the Storm God until he lashed down with a thunderbolt, setting a tree ablaze.

A little different this one too. The Storm God foreshadows Dany, the Stormborn. The Grey King brought fire to earth for man, obviously a big deal for man from which man profits from greatly (if it were not just a legend), and he got it from the Storm God. Euron/the Ironborn will profit from Dany's thunderbolt, her fire, Drogon.

Now you've probably noticed in this a theme, stone, betrayal, corruption. It is important and I will deal with it later. The main point I'm trying to make with this lot of foreshadowing, is that it's Drogon we are dealing with when it comes to the Ironborn, the black dragon. Not one of the other dragons, and not something other than a dragon.

Euron betrays Dany. It is the Treason for blood.

The why, how and results of this betrayal all merge into one. I will do my best to try and keep it straight. Euron's betrayal will be the blood betrayal, I'll not try to explain that just yet, I'll just try and first establish that he will betray her and it will be the blood betrayal.

So Euron is a bad man, with bad intentions. I don't think I need to go too much into detail on that, it seems a pretty straight-forward reading of his character. Remember he is the mount to dread.

. . . three mounts must you ride . . . one to bed and one to dread and one to love . . .

According to Moqorro he sails on a sea of blood.

"Have you seen these others in your fires?" he asked, warily.

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

The Blood Emperor's betrayal is called the blood betrayal.

When the daughter of the Opal Emperor succeeded him as the Amethyst Empress, her envious younger brother cast her down and slew her, proclaiming himself the Bloodstone Emperor and beginning a reign of terror. He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride, feasted on human flesh, and cast down the true gods to worship a black stone that had fallen from the sky. (Many scholars count the Bloodstone Emperor as the first High Priest of the sinister Church of Starry Wisdom, which persists to this day in many port cities throughout the known world).

In the annals of the Further East, it was the Blood Betrayal, as his usurpation is named, that ushered in the age of darkness called the Long Night. Despairing of the evil that had been unleashed on earth, the Maiden-Made-of-Light turned her back upon the world, and the Lion of Night came forth in all his wroth to punish the wickedness of men.

He betrayed the Amethyst Empress who I related to Balon by way of familial relations with Euron. But there's dual meaning here. The Amethyst Empress also represents Dany, amethysts are purple, as are Dany's eyes, which Euron specifically says in the passage below.

"What dragon?" said Victarion, frowning.

"The last of her line. They say she is the fairest woman in the world. Her hair is silver-gold, and her eyes are amethysts . . . but you need not take my word for it, brother. Go to Slaver's Bay, behold her beauty, and bring her back to me."

So running with this theme of betrayal and blood. Back to Xaro again, his marriage proposal was a trick to gain one of Dany's dragons.

"Forgive me, my queen, but it is your dragons he dreams of."

"Xaro assures me that in Qarth, man and woman each retain their own property after they are wed. The dragons are mine." She smiled as Drogon came hopping and flapping across the marble floor to crawl up on the cushion beside her.

"He tells it true as far as it goes, but there's one thing he failed to mention. The Qartheen have a curious wedding custom, my queen. On the day of their union, a wife may ask a token of love from her husband. Whatsoever she desires of his worldly goods, he must grant. And he may ask the same of her. One thing only may be asked, but whatever is named may not be denied."

"One thing," she repeated. "And it may not be denied?"

"With one dragon, Xaro Xhoan Daxos would rule this city, but one ship will further our cause but little."

It is the custom of their culture that each wedded party must give the other anything they want. As established above, Euron has something Dany will want, the dragon horn. But, if we recall what is repeated in the text three times concerning Euron's gifts.

That was his brother's way. Euron's gifts are poisoned, the captain had to remind himself.

And if we recall what the Valyrian glyphs of the horn read.

I am Dragonbinder ... No mortal man should sound me and live ... Blood for fire, fire for blood.

The Hoares, who are the master says black of blood.

Archmaester Hake tells us that the kings of House Hoare were, "black of hair, black of eye, and black of heart." Their foes claimed their blood was black as well, darkened by the "Andal taint," for many of the early Hoare kings took maidens of that ilk to wife. True Ironborn had salt water in their veins, the priests of the Drowned Gods proclaimed; the black-blooded Hoares were false kings, ungodly usurpers who must be cast down.

Many tried to do just that over the centuries, as Haereg relates in some detail. None succeeded. What the Hoares lacked in valor they made up for in cunning and cruelty.

They are particularly cunning.

And one of the exploits of the Grey King.

It was the Grey King who brought fire to the earth by taunting the Storm God until he lashed down with a thunderbolt, setting a tree ablaze.

He tricks the Storm God, who is Dany by way of being the Stormborn, into giving him fire.

Cunning, trickery, betrayals, blood, it all equals the treason for blood.

. . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

So, how does Euron betray her? What does he do? What does this blood betrayal look like? What is the result? The questions all sort of have the same answer, a long difficult answer, and to explain it I need to go a little sideways. The answer is in short, he will supplant Drogo inside Drogon, make Drogon his, and in doing so corrupt him and make him evil and useless to Dany and against the Others.

Sidebar - Drogo, Drogon and 'Waking' Dragons.

Bear with me. To explain what Euron is going to do I have to also lean into how/why things exist currently, before Euron does his treasonous blood betrayal thing and changes it.

"A trader from Qarth once told me that dragons came from the moon," blond Doreah said ...

"The moon?"

"He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi," the Lysene girl said. "Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire from the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return."

The two Dothraki girls giggled and laughed. "You are foolish strawhead slave," Irri said. "Moon is no egg. Moon is god, woman wife of sun. It is known."

Drogo is the sun.

"Yes, my sun-and-stars," Dany said. Drogo would take

Dany is the moon and egg.

"Is good name, Dan Ares wife, moon of my life," he said.

The sun and moon kissed and Dragons came forth. Drogo and Dany wed and kissed and had sex and she conceived a child and dragons were born. But, this step is important.

A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire from the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame

The dragons drank from the sun to get their fire. They drank from Drogo. Particularly Dany's dragon Drogo. Drogon drank from Drogo, took his soul, Drogon is part Drogo in spirit, and that part that gives him his fire and affinity to Dany.

When a horselord dies, his horse is slain with him, so he might ride proud into the night lands. The bodies are burned beneath the open sky, and the khal rises on his fiery steed to take his place among the stars. The more fiercely the man burned in life, the brighter his star will shine in the darkness.

Drogo burns on in death in Drogon. He rose to the stars, a fiery steed to his place.

Consider the words of the horn.

I am Dragonbinder ... No mortal man should sound me and live ... Blood for fire, fire for blood.

Drogos blood for the fire pyre, Drogons fire for his blood. To the dragon he is bound.

But there was two parts to it.

Burning dead children had ceased to trouble Jon Snow; live ones were another matter. Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings. The words had been murmured by one of the queen's men as Maester Aemon had cleaned his wounds. Jon had tried to dismiss them as his fever talking.

Rhaego went as well. The above must have originated from Mel, Mel gets a lot right. Way more right than wrong, as I'll explain.

Anyway, in summary, Drogo is bound to Drogon. He died but his spirit lives on in Drogon. And that is the present state of Drogon.

The Blood Betrayal.

The blood betrayal, Dany's treason for blood, will be perpetrated by Euron against Dany. The act will be Euron supplanting Drogo's spirit living in Drogon with his own.

As shown above Drogo's spirit lives in Drogon, specifically he symbolises Drogon's fire.

The Grey King made Nagga's fire his thrall.

The hall had been warmed by Nagga's living fire, which the Grey King had made his thrall.

Euron will supplant Drogo's fire in Drogon, he will make Drogon his thrall.

Now, this all creates a conundrum, and two trains of thought. To displace Drogo, Euron has to die, so why would he do that? He can't even ride Drogon then. Well the answer may simply be the horn, Moqorro says the dragons will answer to the horn's master, not necessarily the horn blower. One can cheat this sacrifice requirement by getting another to stand in their steed, his mongrel sons perhaps, and there's some foreshadowing for him trying that I believe (if you're super keen run a search on mermaids and pay close attention to the Merling Queen and Patchface's riddle). And perhaps that's what Euron does, successfully. But I don't think that's what is going to happen, the foreshadowing and character arc leads me away from it, he'll try that way but fail. So like Euron I'm just going to jump from the tower and run with this.

So why would Euron give his life to become Drogon? The text provides a lot of reasons. The first is, he's dying anyway, or if he's not yet, he will be soon.

A corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly.

Corpse, dead, grey.

Like the Grey King.

His hair and beard and eyes were as grey as a winter sea, and from these he took his name.

Who got greyer and greyer.

The Grey King's greatest feat, however, was the slaying of Nagga, largest of the sea dragons, a beast so colossal that she was said to feed on leviathans and giant krakens and drown whole islands in her wroth. The Grey King built a mighty longhall about her bones, using her ribs as beams and rafters. From there he ruled the Iron Islands for a thousand years, until his very skin had turned as grey as his hair and beard.

Until finally he died.

Only then did he cast aside his driftwood crown and walk into the sea, descending to the Drowned God's watery halls to take his rightful place at his right hand.

Or ... willing killed himself, join with his god.

Euron Greyjoy has or will have Greyscale.

He had heard it said that there were three good cures for greyscale: axe and sword and cleaver. Hacking off afflicted parts did sometimes stop the spread of the disease, Tyrion knew, but not always. Many a man had sacrificed one arm or foot, only to find the other going grey. Once that happened, hope was gone. Blindness was common when the stone reached the face. In the final stages the curse turned inward, to muscles, bones, and inner organs.

Euron will find a fourth cure.

Now, if Euron has Greyscale now and it's showing, then it must be around his black eye as he has stood before Victarion in only his patch and a cloak and Victarion noticed nothing amiss. More likely I think, Euron doesn't yet have it, but will contract it.

Jon Con has greyscale, he lives only to seat Rhaegar's son on the throne. Euron will have greyscale, so what does Euron dream about?

The Crow's Eye had taken Lord Hewett's bedchamber along with his bastard daughter. When he entered, the girl was sprawled naked on the bed, snoring softly. Euron stood by the window, drinking from a silver cup. He wore the sable cloak he took from Blacktyde, his red leather eye patch, and nothing else. "When I was a boy, I dreamt that I could fly," he announced. "When I woke, I couldn't . . . or so the maester said. But what if he lied?" 

He wants to fly.

Now the concept is crazy, a dying man attempting to cheat death by becoming a beast. But text provides us just that, albeit disconnected from Euron. Varamyr.

"They say you forget," Haggon had told him, a few weeks before his own death. "When the man's flesh dies, his spirit lives on inside the beast, but every day his memory fades, and the beast becomes a little less a warg, a little more a wolf, until nothing of the man is left and only the beast remains."

Varamyr knew the truth of that. When he claimed the eagle that had been Orell's, he could feel the other skinchanger raging at his presence. Orell had been slain by the turncloak crow Jon Snow, and his hate for his killer had been so strong that Varamyr found himself hating the beastling boy as well. He had known what Snow was the moment he saw that great white direwolf stalking silent at his side. One skinchanger can always sense another. Mance should have let me take the direwolf. There would be a second life worthy of a king. He could have done it, he did not doubt. The gift was strong in Snow, but the youth was untaught, still fighting his nature when he should have gloried in it.

Varamyr could see the weirwood's red eyes staring down at him from the white trunk. The gods are weighing me. A shiver went through him. He had done bad things, terrible things. He had stolen, killed, raped. He had gorged on human flesh and lapped the blood of dying men as it gushed red and hot from their torn throats.

And it's Euron's character. The man is bold and crazy. He had his king brother killed then floated into town the next day like "oh, Balon's dead huh? Guess that makes me king then." Sailed the sea to who knows where, attacked the Reach, is chasing Dany and chasing dragons. He is by character the man to do this.

"Balon was mad, Aeron is madder, and Euron is maddest of them all."

Euron is made to take this leap.

Victarion could smell the sea through the open window, though the room stank of wine and blood and sex. The cold salt air helped to clear his head. "What do you mean?"

Euron turned to face him, his bruised blue lips curled in a half smile. "Perhaps we can fly. All of us. How will we ever know unless we leap from some tall tower?" The wind came gusting through the window and stirred his sable cloak. There was something obscene and disturbing about his nakedness. "No man ever truly knows what he can do unless he dares to leap."

And so he will, from a great tower. And he's going to succeed. Euron will take the place of Drogo within Drogon. And the below is what the takeover will look like.

From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire.

Dany's HOTU vision, this is the moment of Euron's blood betrayal, when he dares to leap, the treason for blood, the mount to dread, stone Drogon.

What Euron knows he has to do and thus arranges and what happens simply by chance would be hard to figure out, and not really necessary for this. One part of it though, is that Dany will be pregnant, or just given birth, and the child will die. Euron may understand this requirement based on the below.

Balon was mad, Aeron is madder, and Euron is maddest of them all. Victarion was turning to go when the Crow's Eye said, "A king must have a wife, to give him heirs. Brother, I have need of you. Will you go to Slaver's Bay and bring my love to me?"

I had a love once too. Victarion's hands coiled into fists, and a drop of blood fell to patter on the floor. I should beat you raw and red and feed you to the crabs, the same as I did her. "You have sons," he told his brother.

"Baseborn mongrels, born of whores and weepers."

"They are of your body."

"So are the contents of my chamber pot. None is fit to sit the Seastone Chair, much less the Iron Throne. No, to make an heir that's worthy of him, I need a different woman. When the kraken weds the dragon, brother, let all the world beware."

Dany will be with child, as a king, or a queen, must have a heir. I believe the tower will be Storm's End, tying in the story of Durran, Euron's claim to be the first storm and the last and the mythical mega storms of Storm's End. But which tower doesn't matter so much. He will set the tower on fire using wildfire, he'll blow the horn, Drogon will come or be there already, and Euron will die, suicide, then Dany's child will die.

Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first, and then the son, so both die kings.

The requirements will have been met. And Euron will become Drogon, the stone dragon.

It is foreshadowed also by Val talking about Shireen. Euron has greyscale, Dany's child in her womb is dead.

"I can. You know nothing, Jon Snow." Val seized his arm. "I want the monster out of there. Him and his wet nurses. You cannot leave them in that same tower as the dead girl."

Don't leave the monster and the dead girl in the tower.

So then, what does Euron Drogon look like?

Stone Drogon

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

These two passages have the same meaning. The mounts and the husbands here are only those that become Drogon. Hizdar, Daario and any other lover she may take do not apply to this, it's only those that become Drogon. Euron is the bolded.

Drogo was sacrificed and became Drogon, the dragon drank from him, the sun, and as such Drogon had his qualities, his fire. When Drogo is supplanted by Euron within Drogon, Drogon will take on the qualities of Euron.

The below is all foreshadowing of Stone Drogon (which I'll refer to him as from here on out).

Euron had greyscale, the description of which is below.

He had heard it said that there were three good cures for greyscale: axe and sword and cleaver. Hacking off afflicted parts did sometimes stop the spread of the disease, Tyrion knew, but not always. Many a man had sacrificed one arm or foot, only to find the other going grey. Once that happened, hope was gone. Blindness was common when the stone reached the face. In the final stages the curse turned inward, to muscles, bones, and inner organs.

Most prominently, greyscale progressively turns people to stone. And so Drogon will become stone.

On the crown of the hill four-and-forty monstrous stone ribs rose from the earth like the trunks of great pale trees. The sight made Aeron's heart beat faster. Nagga had been the first sea dragon, the mightiest ever to rise from the waves. She fed on krakens and leviathans and drowned whole islands in her wrath, yet the Grey King had slain her and the Drowned God had changed her bones to stone so that men might never cease to wonder at the courage of the first of kings. Nagga's ribs became the beams and pillars of his longhall, just as her jaws became his throne. For a thousand years and seven he reigned here, Aeron recalled.

After the Grey King slew Nagga, Nagga's bones were petrified, turned to stone.

When the daughter of the Opal Emperor succeeded him as the Amethyst Empress, her envious younger brother cast her down and slew her, proclaiming himself the Bloodstone Emperor and beginning a reign of terror. He practiced dark arts, torture, and necromancy, enslaved his people, took a tiger-woman for his bride, feasted on human flesh, and cast down the true gods to worship a black stone that had fallen from the sky. (Many scholars count the Bloodstone Emperor as the first High Priest of the sinister Church of Starry Wisdom, which persists to this day in many port cities throughout the known world).

The Bloodstone emperor worshipped a black stone. Greyscale eats away at living flesh. As the Bloodstone Emperor did in the quote above.

The Grey King also taught men to weave nets and sails and carved the first longship from the hard pale wood of Ygg, a demon tree who fed on human flesh.

Drogon becomes Euron's vessel.

Harrenhal itself foreshadows Stone Drogon. A colossal black/grey stone monstrosity built by the last Hoare king, and cursed. Stone Drogon will be Drogon cursed by Greyscale, Garin's curse, black/grey, stone, a huge monster. And created by Euron.

It would be better once they got to Harrenhal, the captives told each other, but Arya was not so certain. She remembered Old Nan's stories of the castle built on fear. Harren the Black had mixed human blood in the mortar, Nan used to say,

Human blood in the mortar, foreshadowing Euron's sacrifice and his blood within Stone Drogon.

Not far from Fishermonger's Square and the Merchant's House, shouts erupted from a cross street, and a dozen Unsullied spearmen in ornate armor and tiger-skin cloaks appeared as if from nowhere, waving everyone aside so the triarch could pass through atop his elephant. The triarch's elephant was a grey-skinned behemoth clad in elaborate enameled armor that clattered softly as he moved, the castle on its back so tall that it scraped the top of the ornamental stone arch he was passing underneath. "The triarchs are considered so elevated that their feet are not allowed to touch the ground during their year of service," Quentyn informed his companion. "They ride everywhere on elephants."

Some random Stone Drogon imagery, applicable parts highlighted.

in such numbers that the men of the greenlands told each other that the ironborn were demons risen from some watery hell, protected by fell sorceries and possessed of foul black weapons that drank the very souls of those they slew.

When Drogo was 'saved' by MMD he was in this state.

He was lying on the bare red earth, staring up at the sun.

A dozen bloodflies had settled on his body, though he did not seem to feel them. Dany brushed them away and knelt beside him. His eyes were wide open but did not see, and she knew at once that he was blind. When she whispered his name, he did not seem to hear. The wound on his breast was as healed as it would ever be, the scar that covered it grey and red and hideous.

“Why is he out here alone, in the sun?” she asked them.

“He seems to like the warmth, Princess,” Ser Jorah said. “His eyes follow the sun, though he does not see it. He can walk after a fashion. He will go where you lead him, but no farther. He will eat if you put food in his mouth, drink if you dribble water on his lips.”

Dany kissed her sun-and-stars gently on the brow, and stood to face Mirri Maz Duur. “Your spells are costly, maegi.”

“He lives,” said Mirri Maz Duur. “You asked for life. You paid for life.”

“This is not life, for one who was as Drogo was. His life was laughter, and meat roasting over a firepit, and a horse between his legs. His life was an arakh in his hand and his bells ringing in his hair as he rode to meet an enemy. His life was his bloodriders, and me, and the son I was to give him.”

The dragons drank from him his fire as in the story the dragons drank from the sun and that's how they got their fire. Drogo here is without his fire, that's why he follows the sun longingly. The same will happen to Drogon.

Drogo goes blind and greyscale eventually causes blindness.

Blindness was common when the stone reached the face.

The stone turns inwards. Consider that in a dragon. As Naggas bones petrified.

His scales were hot to the touch, like armor left too long in the sun. Dragons are fire made flesh.

Stone Drogon will be flesh made stone. He's going to lose Drogo's fire, and it will be replaced with Euron's stone.

Harren was the last Hoare king, the Hoares foreshadow Euron as per above, black eyed, black blood, etc.

"I built in stone," said Harren. "Stone does not burn."

Drogon will turn cold, and he will lose his ability to breathe fire. Regular fire atleast, it may be replaced with something else.

This is what your shadow fire is about. He may just lose his ability to breathe fire, like the Grey King thralled Nagga's, and so he may fight with claw, as the below seems to foreshadow.

Most famous of all was Balon Blackskin, who fought with an axe in his left and a hammer in his right. No weapon made of man could harm him, it was said; swords glanced off and left no mark, and axes shattered against his skin.

Did such men ever truly walk the earth?

Perhaps he even loses the ability to fly as progressively the greyscale takes hold and his wings turn stone.

But also he's going to breathe greyscale. Aligning with the demonic, necromantic soul stealing imagery such as this one.

What he breathes exactly, what shadowflame is and what it does I will detail in the tidbit below, but that angles off and for the purpose of streamlining the main theory I'll just refer to it as greyscale/shadowflame.

[Tidbit 10]

"The conquerors did not believe either, Hugor Hill," said Ysilla. "The men of Volantis and Valyria hung Garin in a golden cage and made mock as he called upon his Mother to destroy them. But in the night the waters rose and drowned them, and from that day to this they have not rested. They are down there still beneath the water, they who were once the lords of fire. Their cold breath rises from the murk to make these fogs, and their flesh has turned as stony as their hearts."

Garin's Curse, greyscale, brings down those who were once lords of fire, makes their breath cold, turns it to fog and their heart to stone. Foreshadowing Stone Drogon, once a lord of fire, his fiery heart made cold, body stone. His breathe turned to greyscale.

Moving on, Drogon will lose his fire and need it back, as foreshadowed again below, by the Black Pearl. King Aegon Targaryen II had an affair with a pirate, their daughter became the first Black Pearl, a famous courtesan in Braavos.

"The Black Pearl," she told them. Merry claimed the Black Pearl was the most famous courtesan of all. "She's descended from the dragons, that one,"

The Black Pearls foreshadow Drogon. (Jon and maybe Ghost are foreshadowed by White Pearls btw if you want to go searching up that one.) The Black Pearl asks this of Arya.

What did she say to you Cat?"

"She said 'I'll take three cockles,' and 'Do you have any hot sauce, little one?" the girl had answered.

The Black Pearl wants hot sauce. Stone Drogon will need his fire back.

The ships bring casks of freshwater too. The waters of the Ash glisten black beneath the noonday sun and glimmer with a pale green phosphorescence by night, and such fish as swim in the river are blind and twisted, so deformed and hideous to look upon that only fools and shadowbinders will eat of their flesh.

The fish represent Stone Drogon, blind, twisted, deformed and hideous. And I think the green phosphorescence is a reference to the wildfire with which Euron will set the tower alight, but also I think Stone Drogon is going to be green eyed. Based on this and something else I'll quote later. (Green association is littered all through the foreshadowing, I'm not sure why though, but it does seem to apply to Dany's and Jon's child.)

Davos had often heard it said that the wizards of Valyria did not cut and chisel as common masons did, but worked stone with fire and magic as a potter might work clay. But now he wondered. What if they were real dragons, somehow turned to stone?

I'm not suggesting the stone dragons on Dragonstone were once real, just that it's foreshadowing for a real dragon being turned to stone, very strong foreshadowing, for Stone Drogon.

Another beacon for Stone Drogon is the character Garin. Named for Garin's curse which Tyrion believes is just greyscale.

The only way not to breathe the fog is not to breathe. "Garin's Curse is only greyscale," said Tyrion.

This is Garin.

"Garin the Great," offered Drey, "the wonder of the Rhoyne."

"That's the one. He made Valyria tremble."

"They trembled," said Ser Gerold, "then they killed him. If I led a quarter of a million men to death, would they call me Gerold the Great?" He snorted. "I shall remain Darkstar, I think. At least it is mine own."

Garin was next, a loose-limbed, swarthy, long-nosed fellow with a jade stud in one ear.

Garin was the first to spy the river glimmering green.

More foreshadowing for Stone Drogon's green eyes. Perhaps green tips like the dragons have a primary scale colour and secondary colour for their tips.

Arianne had been parted from Garin, Drey, and the others after capture, and Hotah had refused to say what would be done with them. "That is for the prince to decide," was all the captain had to say upon the subject. Ser Manfrey proved a bit more forthcoming. "They were taken to the Planky Town and will be conveyed by ship to Ghaston Grey, until such time as Prince Doran decides their fate."

Ghaston Grey was a crumbling old castle perched on a rock in the Sea of Dorne, a drear and dreadful prison

Stone Drogon will be imprisoned in his greyscale afflicted form, a prisoner of his own crumbling stone body.

whilst Garin ate olives and spit the stones at Drey.

Olives symbolise peace. Stone Drogon will eat the peace and spit stone, breathe greyscale.

Arianne wants news about her three friends in this next passage.

During her next bath, she spoke of her imprisoned friends, especially Garin. "He's the one I fear for most," she confided to the serving girl. "The orphans are free spirits, they live to wander. Garin needs sunshine and fresh air. If they lock him away in some dank stone cell, how will he survive? He will not last a year at Ghaston Grey." Cedra did not reply, but her face was pale when Arianne rose from the water, and she was squeezing the sponge so tightly that soap was dripping on the Myrish carpet.

Even so, it was four more days and two more baths before the girl was hers. "Please," Cedra finally whispered, after Arianne had painted a vivid picture of Garin throwing himself from the window of his cell, to taste freedom one last time before he died. "You have to help him. Please don't let him die."

Jumping from a tower, as Euron speaks of and as Stone Drogon is created. But it's Garin's need for fresh air, to wander, a free spirit that's key here. He will not survive in captivity. It relates to the dragons having been chained and the attempt to chain Drogon. The other two dragons were chained. Arianne doesn't speak of them, it's Garin, the free spirit wanderer she says she fears for. Again, this demonstrates it's Drogon that is the subject of Garin's curse, the stone beast, not another dragon and not some other new beast, but Drogon.

So, Drogon becomes demonic, greyscale afflicted, Stone Drogon.

And Dany is going to want to cure him.

Now I understand there will be reservations applying a stone beast to a dragon. It is Dany's vision after-all and she knows full well what a dragon looks like. It does feel somewhat cheap. To this I'll offer a few counter arguments. The first is that Drogon specifically has been called a beast in Dany's POV. The second is that GRRM probably felt the need to obscure that the stone beast is in fact a dragon and is Drogon. Lastly, due to the nature of what happens, I'd argue Drogon somewhat stops being a dragon. Dragon's breathe fire and have scales, so the description is more correct than not. Also his appearance may alter beyond that of just his flame and turning to stone. Some of the foreshadowing refers to him as gnarled, twisted and demonic, such as the blind fish. And Euron is a Kraken, and referred to as such in, among other places, Moqorro's vision he relays to Tyrion. And maybe Drogon takes on physical characteristics of a Kraken too, extra limbs like a Kraken's ten long arms for a possibility.

Anyway I'd hope the above foreshadowing of his creation makes the case for Stone Drogon, but if you bear with me the foreshadowing for Stone Drogon being undone will strengthen the case, probably more than double.

I hit now a difficulty, I believe two events will occur that are so similar it becomes difficult to discern the foreshadowing of one from the other. In chronological order the second event will certainly happen, Stone Drogon will be cured, the dragon will be awoken from stone. The event prior which I believe is going to happen but am not quite so positive about, would occur now. Stone Drogon will deal death to Westeros, and I believe Dany will defeat him in some way to remove further threat of his destruction. Probably as the greyscale takes hold and weakens him, she will make him retreat to a safe secluded location, like Dragonstone. This is foreshadowed in ways such as Nagga's fire being snuffed out by the Storm God, and aging grey warriors past their prime falling to other Dany parallels. But, because it's hard to discern the two events described from each other and I don't have my head all the way around it, I'm not going to address the first event any farther than in this paragraph. From here out, I'm going to assume Stone Drogon isn't a threat anymore, he's just weak, fireless, removed and basically useless to Dany. And for reasons not requiring explaining, she's going to long for him back the way he was.

Waking Drogon from Stone, by Trial and Error

Dany will want to return Drogo to normal.

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow.

A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd.

. . . mother of dragons, slayer of lies . . .

Stone Drogon is grouped in with Aegon, the false dragon, and Stannis, false AA with his false Lightbringer, all as lies she must slay. 

And whether by visions, prophesy, Quaithe or simply experience, Dany is going to have a bit of a gist about how to do it.

She got pregnant by Drogo, Drogo died, their child died, the dragons awoke, Drogon was Drogo's spirit.

She got pregnant by Euron, Euron died, their child died, Drogon became corrupted by Euron's spirit.

Whatever else she might need to do, knowingly or not, it begins with her getting pregnant. And probably not by just anyone, she needs dragon blood. So, she'll go get knocked up by some likely candidates, she needs good blood.

“A burning sword,” corrected Davos.

“Burnt,” said Salladhor Saan, “and be glad of that, my friend. Do you know the tale of the forging of Lightbringer? I shall tell it to you. It was a time when darkness lay heavy on the world. To oppose it, the hero must have a hero’s blade, oh, like none that had ever been. And so for thirty days and thirty nights Azor Ahai labored sleepless in the temple, forging a blade in the sacred fires. Heat and hammer and fold, heat and hammer and fold, oh, yes, until the sword was done. Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.

“Being a hero, it was not for him to shrug and go in search of excellent grapes such as these, so again he began. The second time it took him fifty days and fifty nights, and this sword seemed even finer than the first. Azor Ahai captured a lion, to temper the blade by plunging it through the beast’s red heart, but once more the steel shattered and split. Great was his woe and great was his sorrow then, for he knew what he must do.

“A hundred days and a hundred nights he labored on the third blade, and as it glowed white-hot in the sacred fires, he summoned his wife. ‘Nissa Nissa’ he said to her, for that was her name, ‘bare your breast, and know that I love you best of all that is in this world.’ She did this thing, why I cannot say, and Azor Ahai thrust the smoking sword through her living heart. It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon, but her blood and her soul and her strength and her courage all went into the steel. Such is the tale of the forging of Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.

Whether she knows it or not, she is trying to create Lightbringer, a functioning Drogon. Note the use of labored, as in birthing a child. The sacred flames are Dany's womb. Her womb being that of fire is relayed through various dreams/visions.

She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud ...

There are no more dragons, Dany thought, staring at her brother, though she did not dare say it aloud.

Yet that night she dreamt of one. Viserys was hitting her, hurting her. She was naked, clumsy with fear. She ran from him, but her body seemed thick and ungainly. He struck her again. She stumbled and fell. "You woke the dragon," he screamed as he kicked her. "You woke the dragon, you woke the dragon." Her thighs were slick with blood. She closed her eyes and whimpered. As if in answer, there was a hideous ripping sound and the crackling of some great fire. When she looked again, Viserys was gone, great columns of flame rose all around, and in the midst of them was the dragon. It turned its great head slowly. When its molten eyes found hers, she woke, shaking and covered with a fine sheen of sweat. She had never been so afraid ...

Her body is thick and ungainly, she is pregnant. Blood drips down her thigh, she is in labor. And the fire comes, the dragon, as she's trying to return Drogon's fire.

The first candidate is water.

Heat and hammer and fold, heat and hammer and fold, oh, yes, until the sword was done. Yet when he plunged it into water to temper the steel it burst asunder.

And so the first attempt is the Aurane Waters.

The other cousin, Elinor, was sharing a cup of wine with the handsome young Bastard of Driftmark, Aurane Waters. It was not the first time the queen had made note of Waters, a lean young man with grey-green eyes and long silver-gold hair. The first time she had seen him, for half a heartbeat she had almost thought Rhaegar Targaryen had returned from the ashes. It is his hair, she told herself. He is not half as comely as Rhaegar was. His face is too narrow, and he has that cleft in his chin. The Velaryons came from old Valyrian stock, however, and some had the same silvery hair as the dragonkings of old.

It should be obvious why she's going to choose this one. Hammer and fold, hammer and fold. The old blood of Valyria. But ... Lightbringer will fail on this attempt, she will miscarriage, and early.

The next attempt.

Azor Ahai captured a lion, to temper the blade by plunging it through the beast’s red heart, but once more the steel shattered and split.

A lion. Tyrek? Lancel? Gerion? Jaime? ... maybe Jaime. But I think Tyrion, on the grounds he's going to be Viserion's rider, so he must have blood of the dragon, right? Thus she will bed him, a little less hammering and folding this time I think. But she will become pregnant by him, and the pregnancy will get a bit further, and then fail too. Another miscarriage.

So what to do? She needs something stronger, something fierce, with added preservatives. Someone like Rhaegar to be her Nissa Nissa.

As Maester Aemon said.

Fire consumes, but cold preserves.

Whatever it is that leads her there, if she knows what she specifically is looking for before getting there or works it out when she sees it I don't know. Maybe she has to be told, maybe she hears word of Stannis, one with dragon blood with a fiery sword and so heads north thinking to have Stannis' child only to discover he's a lie she must slay. Whatever, it doesn't matter, as the below can leave us in no doubt, she's going to get to Jon.

Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars.

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

Because he's grouped with Drogo and Euron. I assume I don't need to explain why Jon is the blue flower.

But, as I explained above, that grouping is also this grouping, the mounts.

Drogo is love, Euron to dread, and that leaves Jon simply to bed.

Dany is coming to Jon, in the first instance, for one thing. This is business, not love. And when she gets to Jon, and learns about the Others, the necessity of bedding the boy and getting preggers will become all the more apparent.

But there's a problem. Jon has vows, and standards. He's not going to like Dany. The stories of the dragons dancing in the south will have made it to the north. While Dany was busy roasting armies playing the game of thrones, Jon's been up here freezing his arse off trying to save the world, eating turnips, getting murdered and losing his men, friends and family to ice zombies. All the while sending ravens and pleas to the south for help, which will have gone ignored (besides the great hero Stannis). He absolutely could have used a day or two of her time, before, when she still had the fucking dragon, now she's near useless besides the few swords she brings.

And what's worse, she's a rambling mad woman. His aunty, demanding that he breaks his vows and fuck her for the sake of the world, because she needs to get pregnant by him, dragons need to be woken from stone and Lightbringers need to be forged. He hasn't got the patience, time or inclination for this shit, he'll be planning a war and evacuation.

Basically, Dany will find herself in the same predicament as Dancy the prostitute. Dancy = Dany, there's a little name association. This is Dancy here.

Two other girls sat playing at tiles before a leaded glass window. The freckled one wore a chain of blue flowers in her honeyed hair.

The one with the blue flowers in her hair.

Honeyed hair, sweet air. Chain, chink. Yes technically the blue flowers should be Jon, it's just a bit of association. Dancy is definitely Dany. This is Dancy again.

"Is milord feeling unloved?" Dancy slid into his lap and nibbled at his ear. "I have a cure for that."

Smiling, Tyrion shook his head. "You are too beautiful for words, sweetling, but I've grown fond of Alayaya's remedy."

"You've never tried mine. Milord never chooses anyone but 'Yaya. She's good but I'm better, don't you want to see?"
"Next time, perhaps." Tyrion had no doubt that Dancy would be a lively handful. She was pug-nosed and bouncy, with freckles and a mane of thick red hair that tumbled down past her waist. But he had Shae waiting for him at the manse.

Giggling, she put her hand between his thighs and squeezed him through his breeches. "I don't think he wants to wait till next time," she announced. "He wants to come out and count all my freckles, I think."

"Dancy." Alayaya stood in the doorway, dark and cool in gauzy green silk. "His lordship is come to visit me."

Tyrion gently disentangled himself from the other girl and stood. Dancy did not seem to mind. "Next time," she reminded him. She put a finger in her mouth and sucked it.

As the black-skinned girl led him up the stairs, she said, "Poor Dancy. She has a fortnight to get my lord to choose her. Elsewise she loses her black pearls to Marei."

Dancy is Dany. Tyrion is Dancy's lord, she needs him to choose her. Tyrion is Jon, not Dany's lord but her king. Black pearls of course symbolise Drogon, again. Dany needs Jon to choose her, to bed her, elsewise she loses Drogon to Marei.

Marei is Euron/Stone Drogon.

Marei was a cool, pale, delicate girl Tyrion had noticed once or twice. Green eyes and porcelain skin, long straight silvery hair, very lovely, but too solemn by half. "I'd hate to have the poor child lose her pearls on account of me."

And there's the other reason for why I think Stone Drogon is going to have green eyes, at least until the stone turns him blind.

But there's an issue with this foreshadowing, Dancy should accordingly look like Dany. She doesn't.

Tyrion had no doubt that Dancy would be a lively handful. She was pug nosed and bouncy, with freckles and a mane of thick red hair that tumbled down past her waist.

But she does conspicuously look like someone else.

Ygritte watched and said nothing. She was older than he'd thought at first, Jon realized; maybe as old as twenty, but short for her age, bandy-legged, with a round face, small hands, and a pug nose. Her shaggy mop of red hair stuck out in all directions. She looked plump as she crouched there, but most of that was layers of fur and wool and leather.

So why does Dancy, who should be Dany, look like Ygritte? For very good reason. (BTW, by the time Dany gets to Jon she's going to be packing some pounds, refer to Rhaenyra and what her pregnancies did to her once admirable figure.)

Dany will seek to fix Stone Drogon, a path that will lead her to needing to become pregnant by Jon.

The Treason for Love

The foreshadowing now takes a very wildling turn. Dany is Bael the Bard, the song Ygritte tells Jon when they first meet. Dany is coming to do what Bael did, steal the blue winter rose.

"I'll hear it all the same."

"Brave black crow," she mocked. "Well, long before he was king over the free folk, Bael was a great raider."

Stonesnake gave a snort. "A murderer, robber, and raper, is what you mean."

"That's all in where you're standing too," Ygritte said. "The Stark in Winterfell wanted Bael's head, but never could take him, and the taste o' failure galled him. One day in his bitterness he called Bael a craven who preyed only on the weak. When word o' that got back, Bael vowed to teach the lord a lesson. So he scaled the Wall, skipped down the kingsroad, and walked into Winterfell one winter's night with harp in hand, naming himself Sygerrik of Skagos. Sygerrik means 'deceiver' in the Old Tongue, that the First Men spoke, and the giants still speak."

"North or south, singers always find a ready welcome, so Bael ate at Lord Stark's own table, and played for the lord in his high seat until half the night was gone. The old songs he played, and new ones he'd made himself, and he played and sang so well that when he was done, the lord offered to let him name his own reward. 'All I ask is a flower,' Bael answered, 'the fairest flower that blooms in the gardens o' Winterfell.'"

"Now as it happened the winter roses had only then come into bloom, and no flower is so rare nor precious. So the Stark sent to his glass gardens and commanded that the most beautiful o' the winter roses be plucked for the singer's payment. And so it was done. But when morning come, the singer had vanished . . . and so had Lord Brandon's maiden daughter. Her bed they found empty, but for the pale blue rose that Bael had left on the pillow where her head had lain."

Jon had never heard this tale before. "Which Brandon was this supposed to be? Brandon the Builder lived in the Age of Heroes, thousands of years before Bael. There was Brandon the Burner and his father Brandon the Shipwright, but—"

"This was Brandon the Daughterless," Ygritte said sharply. "Would you hear the tale, or no?"

He scowled. "Go on."

"Lord Brandon had no other children. At his behest, the black crows flew forth from their castles in the hundreds, but nowhere could they find any sign o' Bael or this maid. For most a year they searched, till the lord lost heart and took to his bed, and it seemed as though the line o' Starks was at its end. But one night as he lay waiting to die, Lord Brandon heard a child's cry. He followed the sound and found his daughter back in her bedchamber, asleep with a babe at her breast."

"Bael had brought her back?"

"No. They had been in Winterfell all the time, hiding with the dead beneath the castle. The maid loved Bael so dearly she bore him a son, the song says . . . though if truth be told, all the maids love Bael in them songs he wrote. Be that as it may, what's certain is that Bael left the child in payment for the rose he'd plucked unasked, and that the boy grew to be the next Lord Stark. So there it is—you have Bael's blood in you, same as me."

"It never happened," Jon said.

She shrugged. "Might be it did, might be it didn't. It is a good song, though. My mother used to sing it to me. She was a woman too, Jon Snow. Like yours." She rubbed her throat where his dirk had cut her. "The song ends when they find the babe, but there is a darker end to the story. Thirty years later, when Bael was King-beyond-the-Wall and led the free folk south, it was young Lord Stark who met him at the Frozen Ford . . . and killed him, for Bael would not harm his own son when they met sword to sword."

"So the son slew the father instead," said Jon.

"Aye," she said, "but the gods hate kinslayers, even when they kill unknowing. When Lord Stark returned from the battle and his mother saw Bael's head upon his spear, she threw herself from a tower in her grief. Her son did not long outlive her. One o' his lords peeled the skin off him and wore him for a cloak."

"Your Bael was a liar," he told her, certain now.

"No," Ygritte said, "but a bard's truth is different than yours or mine. Anyway, you asked for the story, so I told it." She turned away from him, closed her eyes, and seemed to sleep.

To Jon, Dany will seem like Bael does to Stonesnake.

"Brave black crow," she mocked. "Well, long before he was king over the free folk, Bael was a great raider."

Stonesnake gave a snort. "A murderer, robber, and raper, is what you mean."

He will think of her like, and probably call her, this.

One day in his bitterness he called Bael a craven who preyed only on the weak.

But that's really just

"That's all in where you're standing too," Ygritte said.

a matter of perspective.

Anyway, Bael plucked his winter rose, hiding his identity to do it.

So he scaled the Wall, skipped down the kingsroad, and walked into Winterfell one winter's night with harp in hand, naming himself Sygerrik of Skagos. Sygerrik means 'deceiver' in the Old Tongue, that the First Men spoke,

The deceiver.

Dany must do what the wildlings do. Steal their love. Be quick and cunning.

"And what if they do? I'd sooner be stolen by a strong man than be given t' some weakling by my father."

"You say that, but how can you know? What if you were stolen by someone you hated?"

"He'd have t' be quick and cunning and brave t' steal me. So his sons would be strong and smart as well. Why would I hate such a man as that?"

"Maybe he never washes, so he smells as rank as a bear."

"Then I'd push him in a stream or throw o' bucket of water on him. Anyhow, men shouldn't smell sweet like flowers."

"What's wrong with flowers?"

"Nothing, for a bee. For a bed I want one o' these." Ygritte made to grab the front of his breeches.

Jon caught her wrist.

Jon will be stolen by Dany, someone he hates. She will need to be cunning. Jorah Mormont is still going to be with Dany. What's wrong with flowers? Asks the boy foreshadowed by the blue rose. Ygritte goes for his breeches, as Dany will be doing, Jon catches her before she can get there.

So Dany needs to pluck the blue winter rose, but Jon won't have her because he hates her, and because his heart still belongs to another. So Dany will have to be cunning, she will have to commit treason, and in that she will have an ally, one who knows all about Jon's heart.

The words were knives. What do you know of my heart, priestess?

Melisandre will either have found her way to Dany or more likely be there at the wall when she arrives. To Jon Dany's ramblings about waking stone dragons, kingsblood and the like will be crazy nonsense, to Mel they will be music to her ears. They will be her purpose. Melisandre knows Jon's heart, she knows Ygritte, she glamoured herself to appear as Ygritte to him.

When he turned he saw Ygritte.

She stood beneath the scorched stones of the Lord Commander's Tower, cloaked in darkness and memory. The light of the moon was in her hair, her red hair kissed by fire. When he saw that, Jon's heart leapt into his mouth. "Ygritte," he said.

"Lord Snow." The voice was Melisandre's.

Surprise made him recoil from her. "Lady Melisandre." He took a step backwards. "I mistook you for someone else." At night all robes are grey. Yet suddenly hers were red. He did not understand how he could have taken her for Ygritte. She was taller, thinner, older, though the moonlight washed years from her face. Mist rose from her nostrils, and from pale hands naked to the night. "You will freeze your fingers off," Jon warned.

"If that is the will of R'hllor. Night's powers cannot touch one whose heart is bathed in god's holy fire."

Melisandre glamours herself as Ygritte and appears to Jon. And she knows Ygritte's line (though she might have had that from Mance). And, she can glamour other people, as she did with Mance. Mance who takes the name Abel, an anagram of the Bael Dany is set to emulate.

Melisandre touched the ruby at her neck and spoke a word.

The sound echoed queerly from the corners of the room and twisted like a worm inside their ears. The wildling heard one word, the crow another. Neither was the word that left her lips. The ruby on the wildling's wrist darkened, and the wisps of light and shadow around him writhed and faded.

"Call it what you will. Glamor, seeming, illusion. R'hllor is Lord of Light, Jon Snow, and it is given to his servants to weave with it, as others weave with thread."

"The bones help," said Melisandre. "The bones remember. The strongest glamors are built of such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered words and prayer, a man's shadow can be drawn forth from such and draped about another like a cloak. The wearer's essence does not change, only his seeming."

Dancy who should be Dany but looks like Ygritte. Dancy and Dany, two of a kind names. Dancy, Mance and Dany, three of a kind.

Mel's ruby choker seems to be the way of it.

"Ygritte." Her hand rubbed at her throat and came away bloody. She stared at the wetness.

"A watcher," said Stonesnake. "A wildling. Finish her."

Jon could see fear and fire in her eyes. Blood ran down her white throat from where the point of his dirk had pricked her. One thrust and it's done, he told himself. He was so close he could smell onion on her breath. She is no older than I am.

Blood at Ygrittes throat, like Mel's ruby choker that Dany will wear. One thrust and it will be done. Prick her.

Outside, he found he had no idea where he was going. He walked past the shell of the Lord Commander's Tower, where once he'd saved the Old Bear from a dead man; past the spot where Ygritte had died with that sad smile on her face;

Jon goes wandering. The Lord Commander's tower is a shell, because it was burned. Under the tower is the spot Ygritte had died.

He wanders some more then thinks about Winterfell as he's considering Stannis' offer.

He wanted it, Jon knew then. He wanted it as much as he had ever wanted anything. I have always wanted it, he thought, guiltily. May the gods forgive me. It was a hunger inside him, sharp as a dragonglass blade. A hunger . . . he could feel it. It was food he needed, prey, a red deer that stank of fear or a great elk proud and defiant. He needed to kill and fill his belly with fresh meat and hot dark blood. His mouth began to water with the thought.

It was a long moment before he understood what was happening. When he did, he bolted to his feet. "Ghost?" He turned toward the wood, and there he came, padding silently out of the green dusk, the breath coming warm and white from his open jaws. "Ghost!" he shouted, and the direwolf broke into a run. He was leaner than he had been, but bigger as well, and the only sound he made was the soft crunch of dead leaves beneath his paws. When he reached Jon he leapt, and they wrestled amidst brown grass and long shadows as the stars came out above them. "Gods, wolf, where have you been?" Jon said when Ghost stopped worrying at his forearm. "I thought you'd died on me, like Robb and Ygritte and all the rest. I've had no sense of you, not since I climbed the Wall, not even in dreams." The direwolf had no answer, but he licked Jon's face with a tongue like a wet rasp, and his eyes caught the last light and shone like two great red suns.

The hunger is in him, sharp as dragonglass. Then Ghost returns to him. He thought Ghost was dead, like Ygritte.

When Mel glamours as Ygritte and appears to Jon it's in about the place where Ygritte died.

When he turned he saw Ygritte.

She stood beneath the scorched stones of the Lord Commander's Tower, cloaked in darkness and in memory. The light of the moon was in her hair, her red hair kissed by fire. When he saw that, Jon's heart leapt into his mouth. "Ygritte," he said.

Underneath the burnt stone of the LC's tower, by the wall. This makes sense as some sort of affinity with the person she is trying to look like or make someone look like helps as she explains here.

"The bones help," said Melisandre. "The bones remember. The strongest glamors are built of such things. A dead man's boots, a hank of hair, a bag of fingerbones. With whispered words and prayer, a man's shadow can be drawn forth from such and draped about another like a cloak. The wearer's essence does not change, only his seeming."

Later during the same meeting and so in the same place when Mel appears to Jon as Ygritte.

"I can show you." Melisandre draped one slender arm over Ghost, and the direwolf licked her face.

"The Lord of Light in his wisdom made us male and female, two parts of a greater whole. In our joining there is power. Power to make life. Power to make light. Power to cast shadows."

"Shadows." The world seemed darker when he said it.

"Every man who walks the earth casts a shadow on the world. Some are thin and weak, others long and dark. You should look behind you, Lord Snow. The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall."

Jon glanced over his shoulder. The shadow was there, just as she had said, etched in moonlight against the Wall.

Remember the moon is Dany, Drogo was her sun, they kissed and fire breathing dragons emerged. Dany is coming to Jon in search of a new sun to give her dragon back the fire (note the abundant moonlight imagery). Melisandre talks to Jon of them having sex, and the moon kisses Jon and etches his shadow against the wall.

When Theon/Reek is wandering Winterfell he sees this.

Theon made his way deeper into the ruined parts of the castle. As he picked through the shattered stone that had once been Maester Luwin's turret, ravens looked down from the gash in the wall above, muttering to one another. From time to time one would let out a raucous scream. He stood in the doorway of a bedchamber that had once been his own (ankle deep in snow that had blown in through a shattered window), visited the ruins of Mikken's forge and Lady Catelyn's sept. Beneath the Burned Tower, he passed Rickard Ryswell nuzzling at the neck of another one of Abel's washerwomen, the plump one with the apple cheeks and pug nose. The girl was barefoot in the snow, bundled up in a fur cloak. He thought she might be naked underneath. When she saw him, she said something to Ryswell that made him laugh aloud.

Shattered stone, beneath the burned tower with the wall above. A man takes a plump wildling with a pug nose and apple (for red like Ygrittes hair) cheeks. She's bare in snow. Bundled in fur. Foreshadowing, the location is where Ygritte died, the wildling is Dany disguised as Ygritte. Jon is the snow she is bare in, the fur cloak she is bundled in. Like the moonlight kissed Jon and etched his shadow against the wall, Dany will kiss Jon and they'll do it there against wall.

[Tidbit 2]

Theon might still be in the north, at the wall to happen by them.

When Mel worked the glamour on Rattlshirt and he was burned Mel felt it.

She made it sound a simple thing, and easy. They need never know how difficult it had been, or how much it had cost her. That was a lesson Melisandre had learned long before Asshai; the more effortless the sorcery appears, the more men fear the sorcerer. When the flames had licked at Rattleshirt, the ruby at her throat had grown so hot that she had feared her own flesh might start to smoke and blacken. Thankfully Lord Snow had delivered her from that agony with his arrows. Whilst Stannis had seethed at the defiance, she had shuddered with relief.

And I believe in the below passage where she looks into the fires she is intermittently seeing Jon and Dany, and herself as she is connected to Dany through the glamour.

bodies locked together in lust, writhing and rolling and clawing.

The red priestess shuddered. Blood trickled down her thigh, black and smoking. The fire was inside her, an agony, an ecstasy, filling her, searing her, transforming her. Shimmers of heat traced patterns on her skin, insistent as a lover's hand.

Going back to this tale.

"A trader from Qarth once told me that dragons came from the moon," blond Doreah said ...

"The moon?"

"He told me the moon was an egg, Khaleesi," the Lysene girl said. "Once there were two moons in the sky, but one wandered too close to the sun and cracked from the heat. A thousand thousand dragons poured forth, and drank the fire from the sun. That is why dragons breathe flame. One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return."

The two Dothraki girls giggled and laughed. "You are foolish strawhead slave," Irri said. "Moon is no egg. Moon is god, woman wife of sun. It is known."

Dany (moon) and Drogon (sun) kissed, and dragons came forth. Dany is seeking to do the same again with Jon. The moon wandered too close to the sun, the moon kissed the sun, this is an eclipse.

a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey's tail.

The sun in the legend is Jon, the shame is from having broken his vows and bedded Dany (as Ygritte).

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post.

This suggests they'll marry too, possible, if she has his bastard in her belly. That's what will really bother him, as opposed to what he did with Ygritte. A bastard, as he swore he'd never have.

Benjen Stark stood up. "More's the pity." He put a hand on Jon's shoulder. "Come back to me after you've fathered a few bastards of your own, and we'll see how you feel."

Jon trembled. "I will never father a bastard," he said carefully. "Never!" He spat it out like venom.

Suddenly he realized that the table had fallen silent, and they were all looking at him. He felt the tears begin to well behind his eyes. He pushed himself to his feet.

Ygritte was with him, laughing at him, shedding her skins till she was naked as her name day, trying to kiss him, but he couldn't, not with his father watching. He was the blood of Winterfell, a man of the Night's Watch. I will not father a bastard, he told her. I will not. I will not. "You know nothing, Jon Snow,"

Back to the tale,

a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime,

The sun hiding it's face is more eclipse imagery.

The moon has kissed you and etched your shadow upon the ice twenty feet tall."

The moonlight kisses him and imprints his shadow on the wall.

During an eclipse the whole world is in the moon's shadow. A child conceived in shadow one would think would be a bad omen, but not according to Melisandre.

There are no shadows in the dark. Shadows are the servants of the light, the children of fire. The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows.

The child would be one of light, one of fire.

How long the darkness endured no man can say, but all agree that it was only when a great warrior - known variously as Hyrkoon the Hero, Azor Ahai, Yin Tar, Neferion and Eldric Shadowchaser -- arose to give courage to the race of men and lead virtuous into battle with his blazing sword Lightbringer.

One of the names for the great hero is Shadowchaser, as in one who follows shadow.

Dany will steal Jon during an eclipse, perhaps the Long Night is really an aligning of the moon's orbit in front of the sun causing a long lasting eclipse. After, all Westeros seasons are varied, planet Westeros does not rotate the sun in the same orbit as ours. So the alignment of the moon in front of the sun for an extended time is a possibility.

The last night fell black and moonless, but for once the sky was clear. "I am going up the hill to look for Ghost," he told the Thenns at the cave mouth, and they grunted and let him pass.

So many stars, he thought as he trudged up the slope through pines and firs and ash. Maester Luwin had taught him his stars as a boy in Winterfell; he had learned the names of the twelve houses of heaven and the rulers of each; he could find the seven wanderers sacred to the Faith; he was old friends with the Ice Dragon, the Shadowcat, the Moonmaid, and the Sword of the Morning. All those he shared with Ygritte, but not some of the others. We look up at the same stars, and see such different things. The King's Crown was the Cradle, to hear her tell it; the Stallion was the Horned Lord; the red wanderer that septons preached was sacred to their Smith up here was called the Thief. And when the Thief was in the Moonmaid, that was a propitious time for a man to steal a woman, Ygritte insisted. "Like the night you stole me. The Thief was bright that night."

When an eclipse occurs you of course don't see the moon, as there's no light reflecting from the sun off it, it's black and in shadow. And so the stars appear brighter. The best time to steal a woman is when the thief was in the Moonmaid, the brighter the thief the better, like when Jon stole Ygritte.

The thief is called the red wanderer in the south, sacred to the smith. Recall the Azor Ahai story and that Dany's womb is the sacred fires that Azor Ahai smithed his sword in.

They had no moon to guide them home, and only now and then a patch of stars. The world was black and white and still. It was a long, slow, endless trek. The snow clung to their boots and breeches, and the wind rattled the pines and made their cloaks snap and swirl. Jon glimpsed the red wanderer above, watching them through the leafless branches of great trees as they made their way beneath. The Thief, the free folk called it. The best time to steal a woman was when the Thief was in the Moonmaid, Ygritte had always claimed. She never mentioned the best time to steal a giant. Or two dead men.

No moon, bright thief, best time to steal.

The Red Wanderer is not a comet, or the comet, but it does sound a lot like it.

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. The bleeding star has come and gone, and Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt.

Darkness will gather, an eclipse, and the red star, the comet, will reappear.

On Braavos, it had seemed possible that Aemon might recover. Xhondo's talk of dragons had almost seemed to restore the old man to himself. That night he ate every bite Sam put before him. "No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar, I thought . . . the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King's Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet. What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years. Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it." Just talking of her seemed to make him stronger. "I must go to her. I must. Would that I was even ten years younger."

An eclipse and the bleeding star, probably over the Milkmaid, will accompany the event. The comet does not stay in the sky forever though.

"Poor Dancy. She has a fortnight to get my lord to choose her. Elsewise she loses her black pearls to Marei."

Probably about a fortnight.

. . . three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . .

Euron's betrayal, becoming Stone Drogon, will be the treason for blood.

The treason for love, will be committed by Dany, against Jon her king. Needing him to make love to her, she will wear a glamour of Jon's love Ygritte created by Melisandre. The plan will succeed, and she will become pregnant by Jon.

Back to go Forward, Return to Dragonstone and Stone Drogon

So Dany steals the blue winter rose and has a child of ice and fire smelting away in the sacred flames of her womb. And now she's aware of the Others, and so understands the fate of Westeros now depends on her fixing Stone Drogon. She may or may not know exactly where Stone Drogon is, but she will know he's south.

Where Drogon will have gone is Dragonstone. It's where free dragons tend to congregate, and return to when free.

And there Aegon might have remained, hidden yet harmless, dulling his pain with wine and hiding his burn scars beneath a heavy cloak, had Sunfyre not made his way to Dragonstone. We may ask what drew him back to the Dragonmont, for many have. Was the wounded dragon, with his half-healed broken wing, driven by some primal instinct to return to his birthplace, the smoking mountain where he had emerged from his egg? Or did he somehow sense the presence of King Aegon on the island, across long leagues and stormy seas, and fly there to rejoin his rider? Some go so far as to suggest that Sunfyre sensed Aegon’s desperate need. But who can presume to know the heart of a dragon?

And it's heavily foreshadowed in ADWD.

The hill loomed larger down here. Dany had taken to calling it Dragonstone, after the ancient citadel where she'd been born ...

He had dwelt there for some time, Dany had realized when she first saw the hill. The air smelled of ash, every rock and tree in sight was scorched and blackened, the ground strewn with burned and broken bones, yet it had been home to him.

Dany knew the lure of home ...

She would sooner have returned to Meereen on dragon's wings, to be sure. But that was a desire Drogon did not seem to share ...

And no matter how far the dragon flew each day, come nightfall some instinct drew him home to Dragonstone.

Melisandre gets a lot right.

I have seen it in the flames, read of it in ancient prophecy. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt."

And so Dany must follow.

Rhaenyra was forced to sell her crown to raise the coin to buy passage on a Braavosi merchantman, the Violande. Ser Harrold Darke urged her to seek refuge with Lady Arryn in the Vale, whilst Ser Medrick Manderly tried to persuade her to accompany him and his brother Ser Torrhen back to White Harbor, but Her Grace refused them both. She was adamant on returning to Dragonstone. There she would find dragon’s eggs, she told her loyalists; she must have another dragon, or all was lost.

It is as Quaithe told her.

“To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.”

She is in the north. But to go north and fight the Others, possibly even to the Heart of Winter, she will need to first go south to fix and get Drogon.

Once south, she will then need to go east to Dragonstone.

To go forward she must go back, back to where she likely will plan her invasion of Westeros and back to where she was born, Dragonstone.

So, she makes it to Dragonstone.

[Tidbit 1]

Jon will get there too, meet her there or be with her the whole way I'm not sure. I think she's going to draw him there somehow, as she knows and I'm sure you all do by now, she's going to need him for this. I suggest she might let half the truth of what she has to do be known, that the child is sacrifice, and he's coming to stop her.

And the Others will be very close now, probably past the Wall. Having won his war on the south to make the IT aware and prepare for the Others, Jon should be there leading the fight against them, instead he's coming to save his child from the flames, another vow Dany has lead him to break.

[Tidbit 2]

On Dragonstone, a hell of a lot is going to happen.

Pregnant Dany returns to Dragonstone and Stone Drogon, Jon is there too.

Doom of Dragonstone and Birth of the Princess that was Promised.

Pregnant Dany, Jon and Stone Drogon are going to be united on Dragonstone. Dany has come to wake Drogon from his stone form, to return his fire, his sun.

"He seems to like the warmth, Princess," Ser Jorah said. "His eyes follow the sun, though he does not see it. He can walk after a fashion. He will go where you lead him, but no farther. He will eat if you put food in his mouth, drink if you dribble water on his lips."

Dany kissed her sun-and-stars gently on the brow, and stood to face Mirri Maz Duur. "Your spells are costly, maegi."

"He lives," said Mirri Maz Duur. "You asked for life. You paid for life."

"This is not life, for one who was as Drogo was. His life was laughter, and meat roasting over a firepit, and a horse between his legs. His life was an arakh in his hand and his bells ringing in his hair as he rode to meet an enemy. His life was his bloodriders, and me, and the son I was to give him."

Mirri Maz Duur made no reply.

"When will he be as he was?" Dany demanded.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

This is really about returning Stone Drogon. Note what Dany asks is 'when he will be as he was.' Drogo has become Drogon and he will be as he was when all those things happen. And they will all happen, and way more literally than people have been supposing.

I don't know what will set the chain of events in motion, Bran may kickstart it by calling down the hammer of water, or someone blows a horn, a horn being involved seems very likely, or simply natural occurrence. But the Doom will come to Dragonstone, it will erupt.

The one thing that can be said for certain is that it was a cataclysm such as the world had never seen. The ancient, mighty Freehold—home to dragons and to sorcerers of unrivaled skill—was shattered and destroyed within hours. It was written that every hill for five hundred miles split asunder to fill the air with ash and smoke and fire so hot and hungry that even the dragons in the sky were engulfed and consumed. Great rents opened in the earth, swallowing palaces, temples, and entire towns. Lakes boiled or turned to acid, mountains burst, fiery fountains spewed molten rock a thousand feet into the air, and red clouds rained down dragonglass and the black blood of demons. To the north, the ground splintered and collapsed and fell in on itself, and an angry sea came boiling in.

The first event.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east,"

I'm not totally sold on this one, but I believe it has to do with the below passage.

Only the brightest stars were visible, all to the west. A dull red glow lit the sky to the northeast, the color of a blood bruise. Tyrion had never seen a bigger moon. Monstrous, swollen, it looked as if it had swallowed the sun and woken with a fever. Its twin, floating on the sea beyond the ship, shimmered red with every wave. "What hour is this?" he asked Moqorro. "That cannot be sunrise unless the east has moved. Why is the sky red?"

"The sky is always red above Valyria, Hugor Hill."

Second.

When the seas go dry

Will relate to Bran calling down the hammer of waters or just a side effect of a volcanic eruption on Dragonstone tearing the earth apart or causing tsunami emptying the sea around Dragonstone for a time at least.

Third.

and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.

That is this from the description of the Doom.

It was written that every hill for five hundred miles split asunder to fill the air with ash and smoke

mountains burst

The mountains of Dragonstone exploding and turning to ash in the wind.

Fourth.

When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child.

Womb quickening been covered. And so Dany will bear a living child.

When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. The bleeding star has come and gone, and Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt.

Bleeding red star will be the comet, darkness the eclipse. Dany's child will be AA, sort of, born amidst the smoke of a volcanic eruption on Dragonstone, and the salt left on the sea floor when the sea is turned dry. The child has been brought to wake Drogon from his stone form.

It will be a girl, a daughter, and though very premature, she will come a living child. The princess that was promise. And she will have the stub of a tail, like Dany's other child.

That it will be a girl is foreshadowed and reverse foreshadowed. Visenya, the daughter by Rhaenyra born on Dragonstone prematurely is foreshadowing.

When the babe at last came forth, she proved indeed a monster: a stillborn girl, twisted and malformed, with a hole in her chest where her heart should have been, and a stubby, scaled tail. Or so Mushroom describes her. The dwarf tells us that it was he who carried the little thing to the yard for burning. The dead girl had been named Visenya, Princess Rhaenyra announced the next day, when milk of the poppy had blunted the edge of her pain. "She was my only daughter, and they killed her. They stole my crown and murdered my daughter, and they shall answer for it."

Many a young lord and noble knight had sought her favor then … though how many would still fight for her, now that she was a woman wed, her body aged and thickened by six childbirths, was a question none could answer.

Visenya was Rhaenyra's sixth childbirth, the only daughter. Drogo, Daario (assuming that was a stillbirth, if not someone else will jump in), Euron, Aurane Waters, a lion and Jon's child will be Dany's sixth.

Jon had never heard this tale before. "Which Brandon was this supposed to be? Brandon the Builder lived in the Age of Heroes, thousands of years before Bael. There was Brandon the Burner and his father Brandon the Shipwright, but—"

"This was Brandon the Daughterless," Ygritte said sharply. "Would you hear the tale, or no?"

Reverse foreshadowing.

"Drogon killed a little girl. Her name was … her name …" Dany could not recall the child's name. That made her so sad that she would have cried if all her tears had not been burned away. "I will never have a little girl. I was the Mother of Dragons."

Wrong. More reverse foreshadowing.

Maester Aemon.

"No one ever looked for a girl," he said. "It was a prince that was promised, not a princess.

What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years.

Back to this one.

a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey's tail.

Averting disaster is what the princess that was promised has come to do. It's not a woman, it's a baby girl. Jon is the sun, his shame is of getting a bastard on Dany. And his shame will melt away when he sees the fruits of his vow-breaking, when he holds her and hears her.

"Will you make a song for him?" the woman asked.

"He has a song," the man replied. "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire." He looked up when he said it and his eyes met Dany's, and it seemed as if he saw her standing there beyond the door.

Rhaegar thought Aegon was the PTWP, and that he had a song of ice and fire.

As Daenerys Targaryen rose to her feet, her black hissed, pale smoke venting from its mouth and nostrils. The other two pulled away from her breasts and added their voices to the call, translucent wings unfolding and stirring the air, and for the first time in hundreds of years, the night came alive with the music of dragons.

After their birth the dragons noises are described as the music of dragons.

I think, the squalls of Dany's and Jon's living baby is the song of ice and fire.

In summary Dragonstone erupts and Dany has a living baby girl.

Waking Drogon from Stone, how its Supposed to Happen.

What's supposed to happen now is pretty obvious, and it will be to the reader at this point as it is to Dany. But in going over it, pulling all the prophecies together, the whole case for the theory grows ever stronger.

“When will he be as he was?” Dany demanded.

“When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east,” said Mirri Maz Duur. “When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.”

It is written in prophecy as well. When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt to wake dragons out of stone. The bleeding star has come and gone, and Dragonstone is the place of smoke and salt. Stannis Baratheon is Azor Ahai reborn!"

With all prerequisites out of the way, it is time to wake dragons from stone, to return Stone Drogon to Drogo-Drogon, the way he was.

In ancient books of Asshai it is written that there will come a day after a long summer when the stars bleed and the cold breath of darkness falls heavy on the world. In this dread hour a warrior shall draw from the fire a burning sword. And that sword shall be Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes, and he who clasps it shall be Azor Ahai come again, and the darkness shall flee before him.

To forge Lightbringer.

Great was his woe and great was his sorrow then, for he knew what he must do.

“A hundred days and a hundred nights he labored on the third blade, and as it glowed white-hot in the sacred fires, he summoned his wife. ‘Nissa Nissa’ he said to her, for that was her name, ‘bare your breast, and know that I love you best of all that is in this world.’ She did this thing, why I cannot say, and Azor Ahai thrust the smoking sword through her living heart. It is said that her cry of anguish and ecstasy left a crack across the face of the moon, but her blood and her soul and her strength and her courage all went into the steel. Such is the tale of the forging of Lightbringer, the Red Sword of Heroes.

Great was Azor Ahai's woe and sorrow, for he knew what it would require, and so will Dany's, because she knows the price, she always did, sacrifice.

Ser Jorah had killed her son, Dany knew. He had done what he did for love and loyalty, yet he had carried her into a place no living man should go and fed her baby to the darkness. He knew it too; the grey face, the hollow eyes, the limp. “The shadows have touched you too, Ser Jorah,” she told him. The knight made no reply. Dany turned to the godswife. “You warned me that only death could pay for life. I thought you meant the horse.”

“No,” Mirri Maz Duur said. “That was a lie you told yourself. You knew the price.”

The price though, is not singular.

Burning dead children had ceased to trouble Jon Snow; live ones were another matter. Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings. The words had been murmured by one of the queen's men as Maester Aemon had cleaned his wounds. Jon had tried to dismiss them as his fever talking. Aemon had demurred. "There is power in a king's blood," the old maester had warned, "and better men than Stannis have done worse things than this." The king can be harsh and unforgiving, aye, but a babe still on the breast? Only a monster would give a living child to the flames.

Jon should die, the girl should die, their bodies or lives given to the flames, and in that pyre should come forth Lightbringer, Drogon reborn from his stone curse, returned to as he was. And with his flame returned, he will be ready, willing and capable of defeating the Others and ending the Long Night.

Such as it was with Drogo, and such as it was Euron.

Dany's fever dream after giving birth to Rhaego.

Wings shadowed her fever dreams.

You don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?

She was walking down a long hall beneath high stone arches. She could not look behind her, must not look behind her. There was a door ahead of her, tiny with distance, but even from afar, she saw that it was painted red. She walked faster, and her bare feet left bloody footprints on the stone.

She saw sunlight on the Dothraki sea, the living plain, rich with the smells of earth and death. Wind stirred the grasses, and they rippled like water. Drogo held her in strong arms, and his hand stroked her sex and opened her and woke that sweet wetness that was his alone, and the stars smiled down on them, stars in a daylight sky. “Home,” she whispered as he entered her and filled her with his seed, but suddenly the stars were gone, and across the blue sky swept the great wings, and the world took flame.

“ . . . don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?

Ser Jorah’s face was drawn and sorrowful. “Rhaegar was the last dragon,” he told her. He warmed translucent hands over a glowing brazier where stone eggs smouldered red as coals. One moment he was there and the next he was fading, his flesh colorless, less substantial than the wind. “The last dragon,” he whispered, thin as a wisp, and was gone. She felt the dark behind her, and the red door seemed farther away than ever.

“ . . . don’t want to wake the dragon, do you?

Viserys stood before her, screaming. “The dragon does not beg, slut. You do not command the dragon. I am the dragon, and I will be crowned.” The molten gold trickled down his face like wax, burning deep channels in his flesh. “I am the dragon and I will be crowned!” he shrieked, and his fingers snapped like snakes, biting at her nipples, pinching, twisting, even as his eyes burst and ran like jelly down seared and blackened cheeks.

“ . . . don’t want to wake the dragon . . . ”

The red door was so far ahead of her, and she could feel the icy breath behind, sweeping up on her. If it caught her she would die a death that was more than death, howling forever alone in the darkness. She began to run.

“ . . . don’t want to wake the dragon . . . ”

She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogo’s copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin.

The stone longhall, like Nagga's bones. Representing Stone Drogon.

On the crown of the hill four-and-forty monstrous stone ribs rose from the earth like the trunks of great pale trees. The sight made Aeron's heart beat faster. Nagga had been the first sea dragon, the mightiest ever to rise from the waves. She fed on krakens and leviathans and drowned whole islands in her wrath, yet the Grey King had slain her and the Drowned God had changed her bones to stone so that men might never cease to wonder at the courage of the first of kings. Nagga's ribs became the beams and pillars of his longhall, just as her jaws became his throne

The icy breath bearing down on her, the threat of a death worse than death. The Others are coming, close now.

The sacred flames of her womb, from which she brought forth Rhaego and will bring forth Jon's child. Rhaego burns, his heart fires in his chest, he is consumed by the flames. The child must burn to wake the dragon.

“ . . . want to wake the dragon . . . ”

Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire. They had hair of silver and hair of gold and hair of platinum white, and their eyes were opal and amethyst, tourmaline and jade. “Faster,” they cried, “faster, faster.” She raced, her feet melting the stone wherever they touched.Faster!” the ghosts cried as one, and she screamed and threw herself forward. A great knife of pain ripped down her back, and she felt her skin tear open and smelled the stench of burning blood and saw the shadow of wings. And Daenerys Targaryen flew.

“ . . . wake the dragon . . . ”

The door loomed before her, the red door, so close, so close, the hall was a blur around her, the cold receding behind. And now the stone was gone and she flew across the Dothraki sea, high and higher, the green rippling beneath, and all that lived and breathed fled in terror from the shadow of her wings. She could smell home, she could see it, there, just beyond that door, green fields and great stone houses and arms to keep her warm, there. She threw open the door.

“ . . . the dragon . . . ”

And saw her brother Rhaegar, mounted on a stallion as black as his armor. Fire glimmered red through the narrow eye slit of his helm. “The last dragon,” Ser Jorah’s voice whispered faintly. “The last, the last.” Dany lifted his polished black visor. The face within was her own.

The dragon is woken, and the stone is no more. Stone Drogon is cured, the dragon is born again, fiery Rhaegar like.

As explained earlier Harrenhal itself is foreshadowing for Stone Drogon.

As the last light of the sun faded, Black Harren's men stared into the gathering darkness, clutching their spears and crossbows. When no dragon appeared, some may have thought that Aegon's threats had been hollow. But Aegon Targaryen took Balerion up high, through the clouds, up and up until the dragon was no bigger than a fly upon the moon. Only then did he descend, well inside the castle walls. On wings as black as pitch, Balerion plunged through the night, and when the great towers of Harrenhal appeared beneath him, the dragon roared his fury and bathed them in black fire, shot through with swirls of red.

Stone does not burn, Harren had boasted, but his castle was not made of stone alone. Wood and wool, hemp and straw, bread and salted beef and grain, all took fire. Nor were Harren's ironmen made of stone. Smoking, screaming, shrouded in flames, they ran across the yards and tumbled from the wallwalks to die upon the ground below. And even stone will crack and melt if a fire is hot enough. The riverlords outside the castle walls said later that the towers of Harrenhal glowed red against the night, like five great candles...and like candles, they began to twist and melt, as runnels of molten stone ran down their sides.

Harren and his last sons died in the fires that engulfed his monstrous fortress that night. House Hoare died with him

The first bolding foreshadows the searching for Drogon in the darkness of the Long Night.

The second bolding represents Stone Drogon losing his fire.

The third bolding represents the awakening of Stone Drogon, the melting away of the stone in the funeral pyre and new spirit that is to become him.

The last bolding represents the complete removal of Euron from within Drogon.

As mentioned before the courtesans called the Black Pearls represent Drogon. Particularly their family trees represent Drogon's forms.

A Westerosi prince took her for a lover and got a daughter on her, who grew up to be a courtesan. Her own daughter followed her, and her daughter after her, until you get to this one.

Cat told the kindly man about the Black Pearl too. "Her true name is Bellegere Otherys," she informed him. It was one of the three things that she had learned.

"It is," the priest said softly. "Her mother was Bellonara, but the first Black Pearl was a Bellegere as well."

So;

Bellegere, to

Bellonara, to

Bellegere.

The first is like the last and the middle is different. The first is Drogo fire Drogon, the second is Euron Stone Drogon, and the last will be like Drogo again, hot sauce.

In the other direction.

Children by the Black Pearl: Bellenora, Narha, Balerion.

Bellenora for Drogo, Narha for Euron and Balerion, the black dread, for the last state.

Stone Drogon is cured and a fiery black dragon emerges to save the day.

What might happen.

So the above is what is supposed to happen. The child is sacrifice, Jon too, and in the flames of their sacrifice Stone Drogon will be awakened, reborn, bigger, badder and brighter than ever, like a fucking Balerion Drogon. The ending is set, Balerion Drogon is coming forth, but to get there in the supposed way, there is the not so small matter of gifting a living child to the fire, which may not sit so well with some characters. Or all. It's a dilemma foreshadowed right the way through the series. So what will happen?

Killing his daughter and burning is not an appealing end.

"You know nothing, Jon Snow," Ygritte would have told him. I know that I am going to die, he thought. I know that much, at least. "All men die," he could almost hear her say, "and women too, and every beast that flies or swims or runs. It's not the when o' dying that matters, it's the how of it, Jon Snow." Easy for you to say, he thought back. You died brave in battle, storming the castle of a foe. I'm going to die a turncloak and a killer. Nor would his death be quick,

It will seem asthough he abandoned the NW and then he'll have to die in the knowledge that his daughter would follow in the least, even if he doesn't do the burning himself.

Burning dead children had ceased to trouble Jon Snow; live ones were another matter. Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first and then the son, so both die kings. The words had been murmured by one of the queen's men as Maester Aemon had cleaned his wounds. Jon had tried to dismiss them as his fever talking. Aemon had demurred. "There is power in a king's blood," the old maester had warned, "and better men than Stannis have done worse things than this." The king can be harsh and unforgiving, aye, but a babe still on the breast? Only a monster would give a living child to the flames.

Jon is anti burning live children at this stage. With the world on the line will he hold to this? Afterall ...

what is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?"

Well this one will be a girl.

He could hear her still at times. Promise me, she had cried, in a room that smelled of blood and roses. Promise me, Ned.

His 'father' put aside his honour, his loyalty to his king and friend to save an innocent child from death. Innocent children were off the table, under any circumstances.

This time, Ned resolved to keep his temper. "Your Grace, the girl is scarcely more than a child. You are no Tywin Lannister, to slaughter innocents."

Will it be true for Jon?

He is not my father. The thought leapt unbidden to Jon's mind. Lord Eddard Stark is my father. I will not forget him, no matter how many swords they give me.

Even when he finds out, by blood, Eddard is not his father? But that the dragon is his blood, his 'true' father.

Does he just think fuck it all? He's got his daughter, the daughter's mother and his life. Let's just stay here in whatever cave they find Drogon?

She just smiled at that. "D'you remember that cave? We should have stayed in that cave. I told you so."

"We'll go back to the cave," he said. "You're not going to die, Ygritte. You're not."

I should have stayed in that cave with Ygritte. If there was a life beyond this one, he hoped to tell her that. She will claw my face the way the eagle did, and curse me for a coward, but I'll tell her all the same.

Or is he coming back as true steel? Prepared to do what must be done? His first oath, the one that matters most, is to protect the realm of men. He'll have broken all the rest, already has really, but he's held true to that most major one, even when it meant Ygritte's life.

I will not scream, Jon told himself when he saw the blade glowing red hot. But he broke that vow as well. Donal Noye held him down, while Clydas helped guide the maester's hand. Jon did not move, except to pound his fist against the table, again and again and again. The pain was so huge he felt small and weak and helpless inside it, a child whimpering in the dark. Ygritte, he thought, when the stench of burning flesh was in his nose and his own shriek echoing in her ears. Ygritte, I had to. For half a heartbeat the agony started to ebb. But then the iron touched him once again, and he fainted.

In the darkness of the Long Night, the coming of the bleeding red star, the salt of the seas having run dry and under the smoke of an erupted Dragonstone, face to face with Stone Drogon, it will be impossible to deny there is much truth in their prophecies. Does he dare not listen?

And what about Dany? She is the blood of the dragon, if she looks back she's lost. MMD said living child, but was Dany really expecting the child to be born alive? Was she prepared for that?

She doesn't really want to do this, does she? When she holds her child in her arms will she waiver?

Does what Jon wants or think matter?

"You're bastard-born yourself. And if Ygritte does not want a child, she will go to some woods witch and drink a cup o' moon tea. You do not come into it, once the seed is planted."

Once the seed is planted it's hers to do what she will ... right?

Perhaps it will be easier if the child isn't named. Like she never existed.

"Drogon killed a little girl. Her name was … her name …" Dany could not recall the child's name. That made her so sad that she would have cried if all her tears had not been burned away. "I will never have a little girl. I was the Mother of Dragons."

That will make it easier.

"Edric Storm," Davos said.

Stannis rounded on him in a cold fury. "I know his name. Spare me your reproaches. I like this no more than you do, but my duty is to the realm. My duty . . ." He turned back to Melisandre. "You swear there is no other way? Swear it on your life, for I promise, you shall die by inches if you lie."

There is no other way, and she is, above all else, a rescuer.

"I told you, I know our little queen. Let her hear that her brother Rhaegar's murdered son is still alive, that this brave boy has raised the dragon standard of her forebears in Westeros once more, that he is fighting a desperate war to avenge his father and reclaim the Iron Throne for House Targaryen, hard-pressed on every side … and she will fly to your side as fast as wind and water can carry her. You are the last of her line, and this Mother of Dragons, this Breaker of Chains, is above all a rescuer.

What of others there, Davos will be one.

[Tidbit 3]

He's walked this walk before, after everything he will have seen, when everything is on the lie, does he hold true? What about Jorah? He was there when the dragons woke, he knows how this works, will he follow her all the way? Loyal to the last? Her bloodriders too? Blood of her blood?

And will it work?

"There must be one more," he said, though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say. "The dragon has three heads."

[Tidbit 4]

The dragon has three heads we are told, repeatedly, are these the three heads? Dany, Jon and their child, are they three required? Or is it the case of Drogo, Euron and now the last will make three?

What will Happen

Dany will die. Either in childbirth. Or I think more likely in a stand off, someone will kill her before she burns the child. Jon maybe, possibly even Arya. Jon I think, before the child burns.

[Tidbit 5]

And everyone who stands with Dany will go down, there will be no-one left to protest.

Yet neither Waters nor any of the other knights and lords present in the yard spoke a word of protest as King Aegon II delivered his half sister to his dragon. Sunfyre, it is said, did not seem at first to take any interest in the offering, until Broome pricked the queen’s breast with his dagger. The smell of blood roused the dragon, who sniffed at Her Grace, then bathed her in a blast of flame, so suddenly that Ser Alfred’s cloak caught fire as he leapt away. Rhaenyra Targaryen had time to raise her head toward the sky and shriek out one last curse upon her half brother before Sunfyre’s jaws closed round her, tearing off her arm and shoulder.

The golden dragon devoured the queen in six bites, leaving only her left leg below the shin “for the Stranger.” The queen’s son watched in horror, unable to move. Rhaenyra Targaryen, the Realm’s Delight and Half-Year Queen, passed from this veil of tears upon the twenty-second day of tenth moon of the 130th year after Aegon’s Conquest. She was thirty-three years of age.

She'll die begging him to burn her and the child. "Promise me"

Her he will burn at least.

He had burned Ygritte himself, as he knew she would have wanted,

And Drogon will wake from stone.

“ . . . want to wake the dragon . . . ”

Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire. They had hair of silver and hair of gold and hair of platinum white, and their eyes were opal and amethyst, tourmaline and jade. “Faster,” they cried, “faster, faster.” She raced, her feet melting the stone wherever they touched. “Faster!” the ghosts cried as one, and she screamed and threw herself forward. A great knife of pain ripped down her back, and she felt her skin tear open and smelled the stench of burning blood and saw the shadow of wings. And Daenerys Targaryen flew.

“ . . . wake the dragon . . . ”

The door loomed before her, the red door, so close, so close, the hall was a blur around her, the cold receding behind. And now the stone was gone and she flew across the Dothraki sea, high and higher, the green rippling beneath, and all that lived and breathed fled in terror from the shadow of her wings. She could smell home, she could see it, there, just beyond that door, green fields and great stone houses and arms to keep her warm, there. She threw open the door.

“ . . . the dragon . . . ”

And saw her brother Rhaegar, mounted on a stallion as black as his armor. Fire glimmered red through the narrow eye slit of his helm. “The last dragon,” Ser Jorah’s voice whispered faintly. “The last, the last.” Dany lifted his polished black visor. The face within was her own.

Dany-Drogon. A real fire breathing dragon, all Euron's stone melting away. The last dragon.

"When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east," said Mirri Maz Duur. "When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before."

All requirements met, she and her love, Drogo, her only love, reunite in spirit inside Drogon. the red door is Drogon's fire, his heart, home. Balerion like Drogon, with Dany's fiery heart.

"To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward you must go back, and to touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow."

The shadow of death, the light of life, Drogo's sun, the dragon's dire.

"He was no true king," Dany said scornfully. "He did no justice. Justice . . . that's what kings are for."

Ser Jorah had no answer. He only smiled, and touched her hair, so lightly. It was enough.

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.

She woke suddenly in the darkness of her cabin, still flush with triumph. Balerion seemed to wake with her, and she heard the faint creak of wood, water lapping against the hull, a football on the deck above her head. And something else.

Someone was in the cabin with her.

"Irri? Jhiqui? Where are you?" Her handmaids did not respond. It was too black to see, but she could hear them breathing. "Jorah, is that you?"

"They sleep," a woman said. "They all sleep." The voice was very close. "Even dragons must sleep."

She wakes in darkness, inside the dragon. Inside Drogon. Hot, triumphant.

It's not just Drogon anymore, it's Dany-Drogon, Balerion, and he has woken.

Above her head, someone, something. Someone mounting the dragon, mounting her, mounting Balerion. A true king, true kings do justice.

Someone else is in there too, with her in the darkness, inside the dragon, too dark to see, but she hears them breathing. Her love, Drogo.

Even dragons must sleep. But then they wake.

[Tidbit 11]

EDIT:

I don't like playing around with my time stamps by editing but if people are actually reading this I should put the following in.

EURON WILL NOT SUCCEED IN BECOMING DROGON BY WAY OF HIS AND DANY'S CHILD. HE WILL SUCCEED BY WAY OF HIS AND ARIANNE'S CHILD.

I didn't include this from the above series of posts because it was just simpler not to take things on this tangent, but here it is.

Euron will not be able to get a Targ baby from Dany. There will be some relationship between Euron and Dany, but they may not wed, and indeed she may not even bed him. I believe the way it will happen is she will have a sexual relationship with him, and will get pregnant by him, but she will miscarry that child and miscarry it too early for Euron to use as a sacrifice. Dragon fire womb will reject outright sea water Kraken blood.

However it comes to be, Euron will conclude he will no longer be able to get from Dany the child of Targaryen blood he needs to second life Drogon. Consequently Euron will move onto the second best (and only other) source of dragon blooded womb in the kingdom, Arianne. And there he will succeed.

Here's what will happen.

Aegon and Arianne will marry, they will be king and queen. Dany will arrive, war against and kill Aegon. She will sit herself on the throne.

Dany will be queen in KL, Euron will have a relationship and probably be there by that reasoning, and Arianne will be there too as a sort of highborn hostage.

Also happening will be this, Jon Connington will fuck bisexual Daemon Sand, Daemon Sand will contract JC's greyscale as it will be sexually transmitted. Arianne will fuck Daemon Sand, probably in mourning after Aegon's death. Arianne will contract greyscale.

Euron will fuck Arianne. Euron because he'll have given up on Dany. Arianne because she wants to get back at Dany for killing her husband, so fucking Dany's husband would make sense to her, her being Arianne. And because Arianne will probably be attracted to bad boy Euron. Euron will therefor get greyscale, and because he has greyscale and will die anyway will be determined to try and 'fly', that is sacrifice himself (jump from a tower) to try and become the dragon.

Euron will take pregnant part Targ blooded Arianne to Storm's End, set the place alight and toot his horn. Arianne will die, the child die, Euron will die, and from the smoking tower will emerge Stone Drogon.

Stone Drogon will therefor have not just Targ blood from Arianne's ancestry, but also Nymeria's Green blood. Also it will have greyscale, because both parents did and so too the child would have. And it will have Euron's kraken blood. A big beast stew. And it will reflect these blood lines in its physical form. A great stone beast. A sphinx.

Thematically Arianne marries the notion of revenge that is Garin's Curse to the event. Arianne carries Nymeria's blood, Greenblood, which is Garin's blood.

"The conquerors did not believe either, Hugor Hill," said Ysilla. "The men of Volantis and Valyria hung Garin in a golden cage and made mock as he called upon his Mother to destroy them. But in the night the waters rose and drowned them, and from that day to this they have not rested. They are down there still beneath the water, they who were once the lords of fire. Their cold breath rises from the murk to make these fogs, and their flesh has turned as stony as their hearts."

Garin's Curse, greyscale, is a revenge on the Valyrians. Arianne will bed Euron in revenge against Dany for killing Aegon and stealing their throne.

Moving on.

When a horselord dies, his horse is slain with him, so he might ride proud into the night lands. The bodies are burned beneath the open sky, and the khal rises on his fiery steed to take his place among the stars. The more fiercely the man burned in life, the brighter his star will shine in the darkness.

I used the above quote in the posts above as it foreshadows Drogo's fate, second lifing the dragon. Note the glaring similarities between it and this passage.

The sun was gone, and the sky was full of stars. So many. She leaned her back against a fluted pillar and wondered if her brother was looking at the same stars tonight, wherever he might be. Do you see the white one, Quentyn? That is Nymeria's star, burning bright, and that milky band behind her, those are ten thousand ships. She burned as bright as any man, and so shall I. You will not rob me of my birthright!

Same foreshadowing, same fates.

Tidbits

These are theories I'm either not confident will happen, haven't got my head right around or out there and not necessary in the scheme of things.

Tidbit 1 - Cannibal

I think the dragon Cannibal, never mentioned in the series is going to appear. That seems nonsensical because it would undermine the significance of Dany having birthed dragons, but bear with me, as I think it's going to be a very circumstantial appearance that makes it not so cheap.

Then there were three wild dragons that might be tamed if riders could be found: the Cannibal, said by the smallfolk to have lurked on Dragonstone even before the Targaryens came (though Munkun and Barth are dubious of this claim);

Cannibal was supposed to have always been there by some.

A wild dragon, a scavenger and killer of hatchlings, never tamed and vanished at war's end.

On hearing this news Ser Robert Quince, the amiable and famously obese knight whom the queen had named castellan of Dragonstone upon her departure, was quick to name the Cannibal as the killer. Most agreed, for the Cannibal had been known to attack smaller dragons in the past, though seldom so savagely. Some amongst the fisherfolk, fearing that the killer might turn upon them next, urged Quince to dispatch knights to the beast’s lair to put an end to him, but the castellan refused. “If we do not trouble him, the Cannibal will not trouble us,” he declared. To be certain of that, he forbade fishing in the waters beneath the Dragonmont’s eastern face, where the dragon’s body lay rotting.

Yet somehow he had crossed the waters of Blackwater Bay … for it was Sunfyre that the sailors on the Nessaria had seen attacking Grey Ghost. Ser Robert Quince had blamed the Cannibal … but Tom Tangletongue, a stammerer who heard more than he said, had plied the Volantenes with ale, making note of all the times they mentioned the attacker’s golden scales. The Cannibal, as he knew well, was black as coal. And so the Two Toms and their “cousins” (a half-truth, as only Ser Marston shared their blood, being the bastard son of Tom Tanglebeard’s sister by the knight who took her maidenhead) set sail in their small boat to seek out Grey Ghost’s killer.

A mistaken dragon identity and a dragon's corpse. I think what this is foreshadowing is when Dany's party arrives on Dragonstone and start searching for Stone Drogon they're going to come across the corpse of a dragon, black as coal. And things are going to get real depressing then, as of course they will all assume it's Stone Drogon. Besides Dany of course, she'll still feel Drogon out there somewhere, but everyone else will think not. What really will have happened is Cannibal will have attacked a sorry looking Stone Drogon when Drogon makes it to Dragonstone, (note how Sunfyre was injured but still managed to make it to Dragonstone, Stone Drogon will be in bad shape) and Stone Drogon will have killed him, and it will really be Cannibal's corpse they find and think is Stone Drogon's.

Loras and whatever happened to him on Dragonstone may be the seeding for this, it will be interesting to see what information TWOW brings about what that.

Tidbit 2 - Moon Cracking

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post.

A wall is only as strong as the men who stand behind it.

"He's dead." Bran could taste the bile in his throat. "Meera, he's some dead thing. The monsters cannot pass so long as the Wall stands and the men of the Night's Watch stay true, that's what Old Nan used to say.

When Jon does Dany against the wall he is giving into weakness, the NW no longer true.

I think the wall will crack behind them. And eventually that the wall will fall where they were.

Jon glanced over his shoulder. The shadow was there, just as she had said, etched in moonlight against the Wall.

Tidbit 3 - Davos

Davos is important, he was brought back for a reason.

She will sing and you will scream, and then you will die. And you have only just come back to life!"

"And this is why," said Davos. "To do this thing. To make an end of Melisandre of Asshai and all her works. Why else would the sea have spit me out? You know Blackwater Bay as well as I do, Salla. No sensible captain would ever take his ship through the spears of the merling king and risk ripping out his bottom. Shayala's Dance should never have come near me." 

"A wind," insisted Salladhor Saan loudly, "an ill wind, is all. A wind drove her too far to the south."

"And who sent the wind? Salla, the Mother spoke to me."

He's going to be around for this end game stuff. The reason he's important I think is in a parallel of his called Tom Tangletongue.

Tom Tangletongue, a stammerer who heard more than he said

TBC

Tidbit 4 - Dragon has Three Heads 

I think Dany's and Jon's little girl is going to literally have three heads. Maelys had two, and was otherwise fine, she's going to one up him.

Rhaenyra birthing Visenya on Dragonstone below.

She cursed the child inside her too, Mushroom tells us. "Get out," she screamed, clawing at her swollen belly as her maester and her midwife tried to restrain her. "Monster, monster, get out, get out, GET OUT!"

“Monster, monster, get out, get out, GET OUT!”

When the babe at last came forth, she proved indeed a monster: a stillborn girl, twisted and malformed, with a hole in her chest where her heart should have been and a stubby, scaled tail.

Monster, monster. Just an unfortunate birth defect really, as Targs are prone to.

Another possibility is she doesn't have a child, but three, she gives birth to triplets. In which case we get a Blood and Cheese with Halaena situation, Dany must choose which to feed to the flames.

Tidbit 10 - Sahdowflame/Greyscale, Garin's Curse

The theory that Bloodraven contacted Euron in his dreams and that Euron is a powerful skinchanger is correct. If he is still working under Bloodraven's direction or has been broken and gone rogue I don't know, but it's not important.

This topic explores it as do various blogs.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?/topic/138011-euron-the-abomination/

What is important is that Stone Drogon is Bloodraven's plan. The Bridge of dreams in which a supernatural events occurred and resulted in Jon Connington getting greyscale was BR's work. He did it to bring Garin's curse to Westeros. The plan will succeed and eventually it will get to Euron and then to Stone Drogon and then spread wholesale to Westeros through Stone Drogon's shadowflame. It is Bloodraven's design.

Either Garin's curse differs somewhat from greyscale or all the effects of greyscale are not known. I will thus refer to it as the curse from here on out in this part.

Bloodraven will have done this in an effort to stop the Others, this is foreshadowed by how Garin is celebrated for having given pause to the Valyrians in the Second Spice War.

At Selhorys he won his first battle, overwhelming a Valyrian army thirty thousand strong and taking the city by storm. Valysar met the same fate. At Volon Therys, Garin found himself facing a hundred thousand foes, a hundred war elephants, and three dragonlords. Here too he prevailed, though at great cost. Thousands burned, but thousands more sheltered in the shallows of the river, whilst their wizards raised enormous waterspouts against the foe's dragons. Rhoynish archers brought down two of the dragons, whilst the third fled, wounded. In the aftermath, Mother Rhoyne rose in rage to swallow Volon Therys. Thereafter men began to name the victorious prince Garin the Great, and it is said that, in Volantis, great lords trembled in terror as his host advanced.

In some inverse foreshadowing the Valyrians represent the Others, Garin and his army the curse spread throughout Westeros. Basically, BR's plan is going to work, in a way, for a time.

The why of it working is in the cold and black blood.

Unbidden, he thought back on the tales that Old Nan used to tell them, when he was a boy at Winterfell. He could almost hear her voice again, and the click-click-click of her needles. In that darkness, the Others came riding, she used to say, dropping her voice lower and lower. Cold and dead they were, and they hated iron and fire and the touch of the sun, and every living creature with hot blood in its veins. Holdfasts and cities and kingdoms of men all fell before them, as they moved south on pale dead horses, leading hosts of the slain. They fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children …

The shadowflame disease that Drogon spreads, by BR's design, will make people cold blooded, and the Others will either not be able to find them or not care to take them or be unable to turn them to Wights. It will seem salvation. And like Garin had a win at first, it will allow the realm to at first mount some defence.

Black of Blood is how the Hoare's are described, which as I demonstrated foreshadow Euron.

Their foes claimed their blood was black as well, darkened by the "Andal taint," for many of the early Hoare kings took maidens of that ilk to wife. True ironborn had salt water in their veins, the priests of the Drowned God proclaimed; the black-blooded Hoares were false kings, ungodly usurpers who must be cast down.

Black blood represents the cursed people, those without warm red blood, and it will stop the Others, for a time. But ....

The curse might not even kill people. It will turn Drogon to stone but it might not even turn the people to stone. But it will have one terribly nasty side effect.

Stone Drogon breathes shadowflame. Asshai, the capital of blood magic and shadow.

And there are no children in Asshai.

Known or not to Bloodraven, everyone afflicted will not be able to have children, his plan will bring salvation and doom.

It was Dalla who answered him, Dalla great with child, lying on her pile of furs beside the brazier. "We free folk know things you kneelers have forgotten. Sometimes the short road is not the safest, Jon Snow. The Horned Lord once said that sorcery is a sword without a hilt. There is no safe way to grasp it."

Craster on the whole is foreshadowing of this whole plot. He sacrificed his children to the Others and they let him live. The current generation of Westeros can survive the Others, for a time, if they sacrifice their ability to have children.

So, the shadowflame will at first appear salvation, a weapon to survive the Others, Lightbringer.

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. . . . mother of dragons, slayer of lies . . .

But it's a lie, a false Lightbringer, like Stannis with Lightbringer and Aegon the false Targaryen king come to save Westeros. That's why it's grouped with the other false saviours as a lie Dany must slay. It's why she must wake the dragon from stone.

Tidbit 11 - Lifting the Curse

ToWhen Dany wakes within Drogon and melts away all Euron's stone to become Balerion, not only will she be reborn, but so will Westeros. Melting away Euron's Stone Drogon will lift Garin's curse, everyone will be cured.

"Her. Daenerys?"

Haldon nodded. "Benerro has sent forth the word from Volantis. Her coming is the fulfillment of an ancient prophecy. From smoke and salt was she born to make the world anew. She is Azor Ahai returned … and her triumph over darkness will bring a summer that will never end … death itself will bend its knee, and all those who die fighting in her cause shall be reborn …"

• 1 year later...

How does this not have more replies? This is brilliant and well thought-out. Do you have some ideas on who or what the Others are and how that relates to your theory? And could you expound on Bran's role - what's his point in the story?

I'm sure there's lots of possibilities and would love to hear your thoughts. 

28 minutes ago, LordBlakeney said:

How does this not have more replies? This is brilliant and well thought-out. Do you have some ideas on who or what the Others are and how that relates to your theory? And could you expound on Bran's role - what's his point in the story?

I'm sure there's lots of possibilities and would love to hear your thoughts. 

I just assume the Others are what the show gave us. Thematically it makes sense. The COTF thought they were dead so they justified any means to try and survive (the enthralling of the dead into an undead army). They're no longer wroth like humans because they've both accepted their fate and that they deserve their fate. If humanity does the same, that is justify and do the unthinkable to survive, (particularly Bran and Jon) then they too deserve the same fate as the COTF.

Bran is about the rejection of such a way against Bloodraven's acceptance. It will manifest itself like this. Bloodraven will have a plan or come up with a plan for humanity to survive the Others but at the cost of their children (Craster's deal). Bran will reject this plan, and kill Bloodraven for deeds deserving of death both in the past (when Bran sees them) and in the present. Bran will then forge his own plan and fight tooth and nail to defeat the Others.

Bran's arc is that he's supposed to grow up from the soft benevolent child he is, to stop playing the boy and accept the harsh realities of the world. Like his legs, loss in general, no Meera, and so on. And that's going to make him think at first Bloodraven is right, that Bloodraven's plan to survive the Others is another harsh reality he's supposed to accept. But he's going to overcome that line of thought, going to conclude some things are worth fighting and dying for, what triggers him to overcome that thought I don't know but at the moment I think it's probably discovering Jojen paste which will drive him against BR. Or else delving into the history of some character is going to inspire him. If this is the case then Dunk perhaps? It'll be some knight whoever it is, maybe even Jaime.

For foreshadowing's sake, in the text Bran = rabbits (symbol of virility) = a hopeful future, and it is pitted against Bloodraven = rats = a curse on children (include Blood and Cheese and the Rat King).

"Invest in pots," Littlefinger advised. "Hares will soon overrun the castle. We'll be eating hare thrice a day."

"Better than rats on a skewer," said Tyrion. "Pod, leave us. Unless Lord Petyr would care for some refreshment?"

Better rabbits than rats.

1 hour ago, chrisdaw said:

If humanity does the same, that is justify and do the unthinkable to survive, (particularly Bran and Jon) then they too deserve the same fate as the COTF.

This sums it up beautifully. This, and your exchange on the thread about Tyrion Targaryen with the Lord Varys user convinced me. 

Posts like this are why I started reading the forums. No BS posts intended to make people think you've figured something out with endless ambiguity and no substance; but well thought-out, concise speculative theories backed by textual evidence and sound reasoning. 

Thanks for being willing to throw your ideas out there. This gives less intelligent people like me some great ideas to chew on when the next book comes out. 

Not sure I'm sold on everything and I wish I could come up with some more questions just to hear some more of your ideas, but that will have to wait until I've had time to think and process.

It's very specific!

The birthing of the 3 headed babe may include the mom loudly arguing in favor of Metaphor at some point. 

The Others did identify a way to overcome the sterility, and that incident was removed from all records.  Which means a recipe exists, repeatable, or so people feared.   So maybe this cold savior army of humanity will have a path back to warmth, or at least cold kids.   Probably they need to stay cold, because of the food shortage, though.   By switching to Catelyn zombie mode they'd spare the remaining food for the remaining warmbloods.  A death- proof shield against the Others invasion.   Greyscale-toughened against dismemberment, so that like steve rogers they could "do this all day."     Adding some Mel fire to the undead zombie magicks so their hearts don't freeze as part of the change, they can resist the telepathic commands of the Others and remember who they are as they rise again.   

My theory is the people who played Final Fantasy VII are the ones who now respond most deeply to the worldbook story of an ancient who changes darkly into a meteorite worshipping madman.    

Well we'll see what happens in a couple decades.

Bravo! This was phenomenal and I can see so much of this being true to some extent.

A few things I'd like to add and please bare with me, I have not finished the books but I know so much of them. 

In the show, Dany while in the HOTU sees the vision of Drogo and her son in the tent beyond the wall. Considering your theory, she may very well have been visiting the spirits of her two sacrificed Kings that were living on inside Drogon.

Or consider the constant pushing by GRRM on us that the Targs burned themselves alive thinking they would be reborn as dragons.

--

I always felt like Daenarys was supposed to be an actual dragon from the dreatm and with this theory it is now possible and she would quite literally be the last dragon.

I hope this gets more hype!

44 minutes ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I'm not sure Dany's petite figure could handle all those pregnancies in that small window of time. 

She'll be large by the end of the series for that reason. GRRM goes out of his way to state exactly that about Rhaenyra.

1 hour ago, 8thful said:

In the show, Dany while in the HOTU sees the vision of Drogo and her son in the tent beyond the wall. Considering your theory, she may very well have been visiting the spirits of her two sacrificed Kings that were living on inside Drogon.

Yes you're right and I have considered that and usually I include it when I type this out (I've done it maybe ten times now). Though I never really framed it as her visiting them, just that Dany will die and enter the dragon to join with Drogo and Rhaego, and that the show gave us that scene in place of all the other HOTU visions.

It means the show runners almost certainly know, and in season 2 there was no reason to think anything other than they'd finish the show like the books, so it makes sense to include this scene in place of all the little unfilmable HOTU visions. But I very much doubt now that much of what I've written above is going to make the show. The show runners just want it over with.

Archived