A Song of Samwell Tarly (What happens)

Night Lion

Here's something to ponder (excuse me if this is an open discussion elsewhere)...

What are your guesses for what happens to Sam now that Jon has been pretty much stabbed in the back?

He can't go back to the wall. How will word reach him? Will he just stop getting letters from Jon, and make the mistake of returning on a trip to learn the truth. What happens if he get's a letter from a 'Lord Commander' (and chief coward - I've got some less appropriate words too) Thorne?

It would be great if he could be the one to use that big brain of his to orchestrate the sour draft those losers have coming to them. Even though I know that's unlikely if Jon's body is gonna make it pass Thorne's lackeys in one piece. I'm sure the wildlings are gonna tear them to pieces first.

5 hours ago, Seams said:

This post contains a spoiler about Thorne. Can you modify the title to warn people, please.

I don't think his mention is an actual spoiler -- more of a hypothetical future scenario, if I'm understanding it correctly.

I get the feeling Sam's not going back to the wall anytime soon, if ever.  He's our POV in Oldtown for the moment, and I think he'll end up playing some vital role there that takes up most/all of TWoW.  Maybe he'll get back in time for the Long Night Part 2 though, if he's lucky!

Archived