Can Jon snow conquer westeros?

blckp

30 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

As I stated previously. Daenerys will conquer the South. Jon and Dany will never go to war with each other. There is time for only one more Dance of the Dragons and that will be between Daenerys and Aegon. When the dust settles Daenerys will control what is left of the South, Jon will control the Kingdom of the North and the Riverlands, allied with the Vale, and Winter will be upon Westeros, forcing the two Targaryens to join together to face the Others.

The Iron Throne only becomes an issue after the Last Battle, not before it.

I agree they won't go to war with each other and that the IT is only an issue after the battle. So Jon won't conquer anything, and the only way for him to be king would be:

1. They just give him the crown for leading against the Others, typical fantasy cliché.

2. Dany makes him her heir, that would only happen if they forge a personal relationship, because if Dany goes against Aegon she clearly has no regards for blood claims.

3. Dany marries him, this would be love, has he has no political value, if she wanted to rule the north by mariage she should marry Rickon.

4. He somehow inherits the north, which would mean every Stark (with the possible exception of Bran) has died.

On 29.4.2016 at 9:53 AM, blckp said:

if R+L= J is true then he will have claim, so can he conquer westeros?

Bastards have no inheritnace

Jon was not acknowleged as Rhaegars

Jon looks nothing like Rhaegar

I don't think that Jon will ever be recognised and confirmed by the realm as rhaegars son even if the crannogman Howland Reed declares him as rhaegars bastard. Jon is just the bastard of winterfell nothing more

1 hour ago, Blade of Sunlight said:

I agree they won't go to war with each other and that the IT is only an issue after the battle. So Jon won't conquer anything, and the only way for him to be king would be:

1. They just give him the crown for leading against the Others, typical fantasy cliché.

2. Dany makes him her heir, that would only happen if they forge a personal relationship, because if Dany goes against Aegon she clearly has no regards for blood claims.

3. Dany marries him, this would be love, has he has no political value, if she wanted to rule the north by mariage she should marry Rickon.

4. He somehow inherits the north, which would mean every Stark (with the possible exception of Bran) has died.

I dont think jon will marry Daenerys. Jon will be a combination of Cregan Stark and Daeron the Young Dragon. He will not make the same mistakes as robb, as Daeron avoided making the same mistakes as Orys baratheon. Jon will march on kingslanding becouse he needs to stop the game in the south to turn the attention north towards the wall. He will lead the night of the  wolf 2.0 and some other king will be crowned. Maybe Tommen, Myrcella, Some distant targaryen cousin or dany or fAegons child.

IMO, it would not be a question of conquest. First, I don't see him wanting the crown. Even if he knew he was Rhaegar's son. He learned from the wildlings, and us too, that the son of a king is not necessarily the best man to be king. Second, I don't think he would start a war, and have more death, if it was not for the good of almost everyone.

Maybe he will be king. If he is TPTWP, everyone see it, and most want him to be their ruler. Most likely, he will not. Maybe he will be some "protector", the founder of a new Watch, insuring no king go shitty with their People. But just my wishful thinking.

Jon will probably come south as the fAegon vs Dany war comes to a head. 

In order to get what he needs to fight the Others he'll agree to act as Dany's Champion/One of Dany's Champions in a trail by combat / trial of seven against fAegon ostensibly to decide who is Rhaegars true son / who is the true Targaryen heir to settle the conflict in the south.

IMO Jon not only is going to have a difficult time laying claim, but he also does not yet possess the skills or even the interest in becoming king of westeros. At first I liked the theory of him becoming azor ahai and uniting the seven kingdoms, saving the relm from the others, etc... Unless something changes drastically in his assumed 'resurrection' he can't even command the Night's Watch let alone unite the seven kingdoms. While reading DoD I realized how poorly he leads. He had all of these people coming to him with concerns about the Wildlings and instead of trying to convince and teach he shrugged a lot of their concerns off. I'm sure I'll have to come up with some references for this argument if it comes to that. My impression while reading DoD is that he pissed a lot of people off when he could have been trying to "make friends" or inspire people to follow him. I'm sure he will play some kind of role in the war against the others but I don't think he'll be the ruler of the seven kingdoms.  

22 hours ago, Kal-L said:

If Harry becomes the heir and is convinced by Sansa to join the North, I say yes but still I don't see him agree to let the lead to Jon while he probably has the bigger army and the North needs more his help than the other way.

If? Technically he is the Heir until Rob arryn has children who then would become heir. So for now he is the heir and once LF kills stupid sweet donkey (R>A), Harry will become Lord of the E.

2 minutes ago, dRagonese said:

If? Technically he is the Heir until Rob arryn has children who then would become heir. So for now he is the heir and once LF kills stupid sweet donkey (R>A), Harry will become Lord of the E.

You're right, I should have said and I meant the Lord of the Eyrie.

I think Jon will eventually 'conquer' Westeros, but it will be a lot like the previous Hour of the Wolf.  Jon will try to put the pieces of Westeros back together, politically, after the Dawn.  Then he will leave King's Landing and return north as The King of Winter (the North).  Starks will never sit the Iron Throne long term... they don't do so well south of the Neck.

Archived