NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why did so many safeties have to go in the first round??? A lot of these dudes were suppose to be available in the mid second round for my Vikings!!! Curse your overreaching GMs!!!!!

Drafting any player in the 2nd round is like sawing off your pinky toe. Sure, you can wear those heels all day, but what if Quentin Tarantino asks for your number at a Starbucks?

But of course that's ridiculous, he's way too famous for a Starbucks and that's way too 'mainstream' for him anyways so you go to that dingy place 2 miles out of your way 3 times a day for a year. Yeah, it literally takes your entire lunch break just to get there and back so half the time you don't get to order anything anyways if the line is more than 5 people, but it'll all be worth it!

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Drafting any player in the 2nd round is like sawing off your pinky toe. Sure, you can wear those heels all day, but what if Quentin Tarantino asks for your number at a Starbucks?

Do I look like a beautiful blonde with big tits and an ass that tastes like French vanilla ice cream?

Well crap. Both pass rusher go 1 and 2 of 2nd round. I'm hearing on Twitter Cowboys are now trying to trade down.

eta: well, wow. He won't play this year but down the line...

Nice moment. Enjoy it, Dallas fans...might be the high water mark, but your imaginations will be fueled for at least 2 seasons. 

Edit: I honestly thought Dallas might go Jack, with their more immediate window. Interesting.

15 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Do I look like a beautiful blonde with big tits and an ass that tastes like French vanilla ice cream?

That's what my mental image has always been...

Jealous of that pick by Dallas. And now I'm legitimately concerned about the suddenly relevant AFC South. What the fuck!?! Go back to your damn cellar!

Howard's interesting. Might set records for pass interference flags early in his career, but if he makes the adjustment you've got a prototypical modern corner. He was one of 3-4 guys I was hoping would drop to us. Next up, Sterling Shepard. 

2 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

All but 2 2nd rounders on D.

Also, Pony, my advice would be to not kill yourself based on what Matt Smith says.

It's one of my most hated words, and I hate it even more when it leaves his mouth.

Meanwhile, NFL Now is malfunctioning with the Colts nearing the clock, of course!

Nice.  Likely the draft so far for the Lions.

Decker in the first was good and Robinson was a guy I wanted to see them trade down and grab in the first.  Liking the job Quinn has been doing so far (except for the little not firing Caldwell thing).

6 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It's one of my most hated words, and I hate it even more when it leaves his mouth.

Meanwhile, NFL Now is malfunctioning with the Colts nearing the clock, of course!

Even so, I think in life we need to find a way to work around our suicide words. 

Seahawks get Reed this late? Fuck you, umbrellaphiles.

32 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Am I the only person who thinks Ike Taylor might be brain dead?

Not by a long shot, but he's actually got a really sharp football mind. Kinda like a football Rain man.

Oh man, the Jets took Christian Hackenberg. My brief impression of him is that he's a total asshole. OTOH, like many successful NFL QBs he peaked as a Freshman. 

Needless to say, I'm intrigued. 

ETA: And Houston traded up 2 picks again WTF? 

2 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

Not by a long shot, but he's actually got a really sharp football mind. Kinda like a football Rain man.

I guess I do have to give you that. It's just the absolute labor it seems to take for him to make words. I suppose I shouldn't make fun of him, he might have some form of speech impediment.

Meanwhile, not sure what to think about the Hackenburg choice.

1 minute ago, Jaime L said:

Oh man, the Jets took Christian Hackenberg. My brief impression of him is that he's a total asshole. OTOH, like many successful NFL QBs he peaked as a Freshman. 

Needless to say, I'm intrigued. 

LOVED the reaction by the Jets fan and IMHO totally deserved. As I said in the prior thread, he's the one player I didn't want the Cowboys to draft. 

Archived