NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

7 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

If Cleveland likes Cook or Prescott, they could/should still take him. Nothing wrong with carry 3 QB's into the season (cut McCown). And since the 2 rooks are mid-rounders then if RGIII gets hurt just toss them into the fire and see what pops.

They are well practiced at doing this.

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/browns-quarterbacks-jersey.jpg

3 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Hmmm, and here I thought I was the one on the moral high ground when I switched to watching soccer.  The Premiere League is pretty good and my hero, Dave Duerson, is proud of me. Liverpool: You will never walk alone.

I am vaguely considering becoming a Norwich City fan. I was, not kidding, a budding Leicester City fan but their sudden relevance made me feel like some kind of Manchester City hipster. So...go canaries? (Never rooted for a green team before.)

Just now, James Arryn said:

I am vaguely considering becoming a Norwhich City fan. I was, not kidding, a budding Leicester City fan but they're sudden relevance made me feel like some kind of Manchester City hipster. So...go canaries? (Never rooted for a green team before.)

Go ahead and root for Leicester, next year will be a huge jump and they may have problems.  Champions league, their stars playing for national teams, and being a target are all going to be tough.  I am hoping Norwich gets relegated so Newcastle can stay up. 

Leicester City is the longest shot winner is sports gambling that has EVER hit, if they win.  2000:1 odds to win it at beginning of season.  It would be like Des Moines winning the Super Bowl.

2 minutes ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Go ahead and root for Leicester, next year will be a huge jump and they may have problems.  Champions league, their stars playing for national teams, and being a target are all going to be tough.  I am hoping Norwich gets relegated so Newcastle can stay up. 

I've kinda passed a point of no return, though. I got my gf to root for NC, though tbh half the time she says Ipswich before corrected. Anyways, i wasn't really that far in with Leicester, was some half-conceived nod to being a Dickardian and am moving Europewards soonish so was kind of breading the water, but know next to nothing about any of the teams yet. I know the Liverpool chant, though. It's spelling!

12 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

All in all this draft was a lot like my sexual performance; starts off great, gets cocky, overreaches and falls, ends up kinda underwhelming but at least manages to avoid Conner Cook.

Speaking of getting Cooked, is Paxton Lynch the least-fuckable guy in the draft or is that just me?

9 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I'm reminded of Colt McCoy, I actually think they handled him well. He was a 3rd rounder. Throw him out there, see if he sticks to the turf. Then after James Harrison leaves you can examine the remains and decide whether you wanna keep him.

23 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Speaking of getting Cooked, is Paxton Lynch the least-fuckable guy in the draft or is that just me?

Today my wife said she thought he was kinda hot...

:leaving: 

25 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm reminded of Colt McCoy, I actually think they handled him well. He was a 3rd rounder. Throw him out there, see if he sticks to the turf. Then after James Harrison leaves you can examine the remains and decide whether you wanna keep him.

1) he looks like the 'sketchy' member all 90's boy bands ran out to look less like 90's boy bands. Not sure how that affects fuckability. Apparently he's a good guy but kinda dumb. Better or worse?

2) I think being reminded of Colt McCoy is actually a treatable condition. Check with your m.d. to be sure, though.

1 hour ago, Joe Pesci said:

Cody Kessler over Connor Cook? That's the Cleveland I know.

What's with the love for Connor Cook?  Not only does he not project well as a pro, but he's also an insufferable asshole whose teammates and coaches hated him.  Now, if he had the talent to compensate for that, it's one thing, but he doesn't.  He won games in college, but so did most shitty quarterbacks who tricked scouts into drafting them because "he's a winner."

So upon doing some digging online about Tyler Boyd I came across a comment from the NC head coach Larry Fedora where he compared him to Dez Bryant. Not sure how someone like that would fall to the 2nd round  (especially after so many WR), but the prospect has me :drool:

13 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

So upon doing some digging online about Tyler Boyd I came across a comment from the NC head coach Larry Fedora where he compared him to Dez Bryant. Not sure how someone like that would fall to the 2nd round  (especially after so many WR), but the prospect has me :drool:

Yeah, we're all doing our homework now on our new dudes and have such high hopes for them. I've convinced myself that Giants got a ball hawk in safety Darian Thompson(dude had 19 ints in his college career!)...and that drafting a 3rd CB tenth overall wasn't entirely stupid.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Guy on a Niners forum is swearing blind that Joshua Garnett is Larry Allen redux. Which, of course, he is.

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Guy on a Niners forum is swearing blind that Joshua Garnett is Larry Allen redux. Which, of course, he is.

Larry Allen was the best offensive lineman to ever live. I don't think Garnett will be half as good as him, but if he is, which is very well in the realm of possibilities, you guys just landed a star for the next ten years. 

I played Offensive line in college for a short time, and I still watch the games with that in mind first. Garnett really, really impresses me.

14 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

Larry Allen was the best offensive lineman to ever live. I don't think Garnett will be half as good as him, but if he is, which is very well in the realm of possibilities, you guys just landed a star for the next ten years. 

I played Offensive line in college for a short time, and I still watch the games with that in mind first. Garnett really, really impresses me.

Anthony Munoz would like a word...

8 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Yea he's not. He's a decent sized, tough WR with separation issues at the NFL level but good hands. He's a lesser version of Sanu at this point but more sure handed. Would have preferred waiting for Mike Mitchell or Mike Thomas in the third and grab Bullard there. 

Also would have preferred we grabbed Hargrave in the third instead of Vigil. Our DL needs help and he's a monster DT. Hate that he's on the Steelers.

Not an exciting draft for the Bengals and we didn't really get better.

Archived