NFL 2016 Draft: To 6 More Rounds Of Misery And Joy!

Mr. Chatywin et al.

SHOCKER, EVERYBODY!

Congressional Report finds that the NFL spends more trying to influence CTE studies than it does actually trying to fund some sort of meaningful study...

http://deadspin.com/here-is-the-full-congressional-report-on-the-nfls-inter-1778190950?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

44 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh yeah, I tried plugging this in as my avatar Tywin, but again all I get is error messages stating that the image is too large. I thought you might appreciate it.

Trump%20Brady%20Inflation_zpswmmfrtvi.pn

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Keep em coming! The comment you messaged me is golden, btw.

Still can't believe these teams out here that have good rosters but won't pay a competent quarterback.  Broncos and Jets have two of the better rosters in the league, but may be lighting that on fire with the Sanchize and Geno Smith as their starting QBs.

28 year old Eagles safety Walter Thurmond retiring.

It's easy to guess that concerns about concussions played a role. On Thurmond's Twitter account at the time of his retirement, three of his last four posts were about concussions a comment on a story that BMX rider Dave Mirra had the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a retweet of a story that former NFL legend Bubba Smith had CTE, and a GIF showing how the brain reacts when the human skull is hit. 

Thurmond had reinvented himself as an NFL player last season. He moved from cornerback to safety, where he thrived with the Eagles. He reportedly had offers of more than $4 million a year, which is no surprise. He had a career-high 73 tackles and also three interceptions

I welcome any NFL player taking a hard look at the physical and mental costs of playing in the league and deciding whether it is still worth it.  I hope he saved up his money. 

For the Eagles, it's just more talent going out the door.  Their defense is a mess. 

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

28 year old Eagles safety Walter Thurmond retiring.

I welcome any NFL player taking a hard look at the physical and mental costs of playing in the league and deciding whether it is still worth it.  I hope he saved up his money. 

For the Eagles, it's just more talent going out the door.  Their defense is a mess. 

It's all part of the Eagles grand scheme to make Sam Bradford look bad this year. Seems like it's already working at ota's... 

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_carson_wentz_learning_eagles_offense_quicker_than_sam_bradford/s1_12680_21006883

14 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

It's all part of the Eagles grand scheme to make Sam Bradford look bad this year. Seems like it's already working at ota's... 

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_carson_wentz_learning_eagles_offense_quicker_than_sam_bradford/s1_12680_21006883

So Nick Foles is apparently unhappy on the Rams also. I don't know if either team would consider this in a million years but what about a Bradford for Foles swap?

3 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

So Nick Foles is apparently unhappy on the Rams also. I don't know if either team would consider this in a million years but what about a Bradford for Foles swap?

:D  I expect the Eagles would happily trade Bradford for Foles.  The Eagles offseason has been a mess, Foles is getting paid $6 million less, and I'm sure that 2013 NFC East Champ Foles is more popular in Philly than Sam "hates competition" Bradford.  The Rams on the other hand, have no interest in getting back on the Sam Bradford train, or for paying their backup qb $18 million.  Unlike Wentz, Goff is guaranteed to be the starter in week 1. 

2 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I'd enjoy it simply to see Bradford go back to the Rams as a #2. The size of that humble pie would be enormous.

14 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Ughh. Now Gmen are gonna hear the "Ug-ly sis-ter" chant. Not as bad as an injury but it's up there.

It's pretty close if you look at what happened to James Harden, Kris Humphries and Lamar Odom after a relationship with a Kardashian. The best possible outcome is OBJ stops caring about his craft though of course can't rule out the possibility he ends up in a coma. 

Archived