Houses of the Vale

norwaywolf123

1. Is there any houses you think will go extinct?

2. Is there any houses that you hope will go extinct?

3. Does Firstmen or Andal origin of houses influence their plots?

I have made a list of what i think is the origin of the Houses of the Vale, do you think it is correct?

The Vale

Red=Extinct

Blue=Exiled

Andal Houses:

• Arryn, of the Eyrie
  • Arryn, of Gulltown
  • Corbray, of Heart's Home
  • Donniger
  • Egen
  • Elesham, of the Paps
  • Hersy
  • Grafton, of Gulltown
  • Hardyng
  • Lynderly
  • Melcolm
  • Pryor, of the Pebble
  • Ruthermont
  • Templeton
  • Tollet
  • Waxley
  • Wydman

First-Men Houses:

• Belmore, of Strongsong
  • Borell
  • Brightstone
  • Coldwater, of Coldwater
  • Hunter
  • Moore
  • Redfort, of Redfort
  • Royce, of Runestone
  • Royce, of Gates of Moon
  • Shell
  • Shett, of Gulltown
  • Shett, of Gulltower
  • Upcliff, of Witch Island

Valyrian Houses:

• Baelish

Unknown Houses:

• Breakstone
  • Longthorpe
  • Sunderland
  • Torrent
  • Waynwood

I think house Baelish will go extinct. I don't see Littlefinger having any legit kids anytime soon. I also think the Arryns will die out although I don't know if  Harry the Heir is considered an arryn. Is he just the next in line after sweet robin because he has a degree of Arryn blood or will he take on the name Arryn of he is made lord protector of the Vale?

4 hours ago, King of Winter-ish Stuff said:

House Baelish is Braavosi.

And I think it would be fitting if House Arryn (the main line) died out and House Royce ascended to control of the Vale once more (having briefly been Kings of the Vale).

There were 1 Royce king and he was not king of the vale just of the firstmen of the vale, while there have been 100s  of Arryn kings. Maybe the boltons should be king in the north too since they ruled it briefly? No house arryn is the top dog in the vale and will continu to be so.

44 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

No house arryn is the top dog in the vale and will continu to be so.

How will they? The only Arryn left is a sickly and weak child who will probably die before he reaches adulthood. After him its Harry who is a    Hardyng, not an Arryn.

Arryn will survive through Harry, Hardyng is only a knightly house so even though he's the heir by blood he'll have to use Arryn name to rule the Vale to get much needed respect. Lords of the Vale have been mentioned as honorable and proud

1 hour ago, redtree said:

Arryn will survive through Harry, Hardyng is only a knightly house so even though he's the heir by blood he'll have to use Arryn name to rule the Vale to get much needed respect. Lords of the Vale have been mentioned as honorable and proud

What about the Arryns of Gulltown?

2 hours ago, Adam Yozza said:

How will they? The only Arryn left is a sickly and weak child who will probably die before he reaches adulthood. After him its Harry who is a    Hardyng, not an Arryn.

If Harry were to inherit he would take the name Arryn. 

21 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

About your list, House Elesham and House Pryor are rather first men origin. Islands of Paps and Pebble were brought under rule of house arryn later.

I did not find any textual evidence for Andal or Firstmen Origin so i based is on the names. Besides my thought was that some andal adevnturere/warlord landed on the islands an conquored it, it would certainly be easier to take a island than a powerfull mainland lord.

25 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

But he not a Arryn in the Male Line!? How long does the Male Lines of houses usually last?

He's not but we've got a past example with the Lannisters male line dying out and the husband of the female Lannister taking the Lannister name and continuing the line. 

51 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I did not find any textual evidence for Andal or Firstmen Origin so i based is on the names. Besides my thought was that some andal adevnturere/warlord landed on the islands an conquored it, it would certainly be easier to take a island than a powerfull mainland lord.

If these houses were andal origin, arryns wouldn't have to conquer them. 

17 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

If these houses were andal origin, arryns wouldn't have to conquer them. 

Why? The Andal adventurers were independant, they only unified arround Artys Arryn due to the Royce king and firstmen uniting to drive them out of Westeros.

Just now, norwaywolf123 said:

Why? The Andal adventurers were independant, they only unified arround Artys Arryn due to the Royce king and firstmen uniting to drive them out of Westeros.

This is what i wanted to say, all andal houses united under arryn banner during that war and sworn allegiance to artys arryn. If they were andal origin they would have already be vassals of falcon kings.

2 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

This is what i wanted to say, all andal houses united under arryn banner during that war and sworn allegiance to artys arryn. If they were andal origin they would have already be vassals of falcon kings.

All Andal houses on the mainland.

Elesham and Pryor was atleest not among the firstmen houses that fought at the battle of sevenstars

2 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

All Andal houses on the mainland.

Elesham and Pryor was atleest not among the firstmen houses that fought at the battle of sevenstars

I do not remember if it was stated in books. But whatever.

Archived