Is Drogon really Meant for Daenerys ?

LucifeLMartelL

59 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

If I had to invite one of the two to go bowling, it'd totally be Daenerys. I'd leave the special snowflake to sip wine with Satin at the bar. But I do agree his is the song of ice and fire, and he will ride Drogon after Daenerys dies with the bittersweet taste of lemon. 

I know about your taste in lemons and personally can't wait for TWOW to put an end to it..I was not speaking about you alone but the whole jon is everything and dany is big red herring crowd ..

But do tell me if he the situation was reversed and how many would be calling ghost as some chosen one and not jon..

I do believe its because serious case of personal bias and dislike..

11 hours ago, Khal BlackfyreO said:

What is the source for this ample evidence of pre-Valyrian dragon riders??'

I wrote an essay about this a year ago, which I plan to update soon, but this is a pretty good summary. 

4 hours ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

The Winged Knight was a pre andal "hero" we are told in Twoaif.

Singers later merged the legend with the Falcon knight (the first Arryn)..

We know there were pre valyrian dragonriders in Westeros from the base, made with fused stone of the Hightower.

Exactly. The possible dragonrider origin of this story would be tied to the Andal hero known as the winged knight, who later became merged with the first Arryn hero. 

I think there is a lot of this going on, particularly with he Grey King legends. 

2 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

I know about your taste in lemons and personally can't wait for TWOW to put an end to it..I was not speaking about you alone but the whole jon is everything and dany is big red herring crowd ..

But do tell me if he the situation was reversed and how many would be calling ghost as some chosen one and not jon..

I do believe its because serious case of personal bias and dislike..

For some, no doubt. But I really don't believe my assumption stems from bias. I think Daenerys is more interesting than Jon.  

6 hours ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

How the hell should I know?

And if that's your only defense of your point that "The only prophecy I´ve seen fulfilled was the one where Tyrion said he would shoot Tywin if he said 'Whore' again" - it ain't doing the job.

It's not a defense, it's a question, based on the fact that I suspect it is more legend than real prophecy.  Maybe it is over doing it to say prophecies are never completed in this series, even though a lot of those you listed could be self-fullfilling (like Cersei's) or just rationalized after the fact.  There are a lot of people spouting crazy things in Westeros, so what if they hit a few nails on the head every now and then? I still believe that this particular case (TPWWP) will result in a lot of nothing.

There is no question here. The bond between the two is so strong that even without training or magic she can ride him, something unprecedent.  

Now, if Daenerys dies, maybe Drogon is riden by another rider and I only see Jon Snow riding him. However is more probable that Jon rides Rhaegal or even don't ride any dragon being a commander on the ground. 

4 hours ago, LmL said:

Exactly. The possible dragonrider origin of this story would be tied to the Andal hero known as the winged knight, who later became merged with the first Arryn hero. 

I think there is a lot of this going on, particularly with he Grey King legends. 

Lann the clever was probably another Geodawnian IMHO

Symeon star eyes could be one as well.

My current pet theory is that the geodawnians came to westeros to learn the magic of the CotF, in order to control the dragons they had created in asshai.

i often find some conections between skinchanging and dragonriding. They could be related.

4 hours ago, LordToo-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse said:

Lann the clever was probably another Geodawnian IMHO

Symeon star eyes could be one as well.

My current pet theory is that the geodawnians came to westeros to learn the magic of the CotF, in order to control the dragons they had created in asshai.

i often find some conections between skinchanging and dragonriding. They could be related.

First, I meant to say that the dragon rider would be tied to the FIRST MEN hero called the winged knight, later merged with the ANDAL Arryns. And that's using "First Men" in the loose sense that would include anyone (including 'Geodawnians') who was in Westeros at that time. 

Second, yes, I tend to think Lann is a prime suspect, with his gold hair and stealing from the sun. Simeon is one I don't have a good handle on, he's pretty confounding to me. 

I tend to agree that the most likely story is somewhat peaceful pre-Bloodstone Emperor 'Geodawnians' came to learn the magic of the cot, as TWOIAF suggests, and when the BSE usurped during the Long Night, he landed in Westeros at Battle Isle, where his people had probably already built that fortress (likely as a trading outpost, much as the Phoenicians used to build). He must have fought a battle there, hence the name Battle Isle, and worked his way north from there. I'm not sure how that links up tot he Last Hero story, though. I have some ideas, but we have large gaps in the story here. Still, I like your thinking, and I also have been a believer for a long time now that skin changing / greener magic is at the root of both he Others and the dragon bonding. 

Archived