Are there any Targaryen Bastards?

norwaywolf123

Aerys:

"He loved music, dancing and masked balls, and was exceedingly fond of young beautiful women, filling the court with fair maidens from across the kingdoms. Some say he had as many mistresses as Aegon the Unworthy, though most historians highly doubt that. Whatever the case, Aerys always lost interests in his lovers fairly quickly.[4] "

It seems that Aerys had many mistresses or lovers there sould be some bastards? But we never hear anything about targ bastards? Did Aerys have week sead or are we missing information?

R+L=J, According to this theory Jon Snow is not the bastard of Eddard but instead the bastard of Rhaegar Targaryen and Eddards sister Lyanna.

wasn't there a bastard in some videogame?

with his many amount of mistresses, and perhaps some pyro rapes, he probably had some bastards. They may just not be important though.

he quit mistresses before Viserys was conceived. Then duskendale happened when he probably lost all interest in sex, except after watching someone burn to death.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few kicking about around Dragonstone or Driftmark where they can blend in to the locals (assuming they inherited Valyrian features, and that Valyrian features aren't terribly remarkable in tose areas because of several centuries' worth of dragonseeds). It would make sense for them to have distanced themselves from the association with Aerys as his behaviou became more erratic, and then kept their heads down even more once he was overthrown.

But I doubt Martin would introduce that kind of needless complication at this stage

7 hours ago, Princess of Dragonflies said:

Maybe Aurane Waters... Darkstar? Imagine the drama!

About Darkstar i doubt it. The Mad king hated the dornish a lot so i don't think even rape would be in the list of things he would do with a dornish girl, but who knows, he could be a total hypocrite just like Tywin Lannister.

Even if it is higly improbable I like to think that maybe other secret Targ bastard lines as the Blackfyre, maybe Aemond the one eyed dragon bastard descendents or other Viserys, Aegon II or Aegon IV descendents, imagine how cool would be if BloodRaven and Shiera Seastar had a son that carried their blood somewhere or to see a dark skinned dragonseed line from Nettles or Black Pearl. Maybe it would even be possible that Moqorro could have some dragon blood on him. Just crackpot thinking...

After Aegon the unworthy, as Maynard Plumm points out half the realm probably has dragon blood from somewhere. None of that is really relevant though. 

People who I DO think are Targ bastards AND it's important or is a really cool Easter egg:

The Snowflake- obviously

Gaemon Palehair- the King of kisses, was in all likelihood legit

Varys- probably a Brightflame descendant 

Mance- Bloodraven descendant(?) That smoke and scarlet cloak tho.

Dany-I listed them in likelihood, I think it's tinfoil-y but I like Bonifer+Rhaella=Dany. 

1 hour ago, Lord Asher Forrester said:

About Darkstar i doubt it. The Mad king hated the dornish a lot so i don't think even rape would be in the list of things he would do with a dornish girl, but who knows, he could be a total hypocrite just like Tywin Lannister.

Even if it is higly improbable I like to think that maybe other secret Targ bastard lines as the Blackfyre, maybe Aemond the one eyed dragon bastard descendents or other Viserys, Aegon II or Aegon IV descendents, imagine how cool would be if BloodRaven and Shiera Seastar had a son that carried their blood somewhere or to see a dark skinned dragonseed line from Nettles or Black Pearl. Maybe it would even be possible that Moqorro could have some dragon blood on him. Just crackpot thinking...

The current Black Pearl is

First of all, I think Jaime,Cersei and Tyrion are trully fathered by Twyin.

Probably Aerys had some bastards in Dragonstone or King's Landing, but maybe they fled to Essos when they heard the fate of Rhaegar's children.They would probably never return, unless Targaryens are restored to power.

52 minutes ago, King Endymion Targaryen said:

First of all, I think Jaime,Cersei and Tyrion are trully fathered by Twyin.

I agree 

52 minutes ago, King Endymion Targaryen said:

Probably Aerys had some bastards in Dragonstone or King's Landing, but maybe they fled to Essos when they heard the fate of Rhaegar's children.They would probably never return, unless Targaryens are restored to power.

Maybe Robert Baratheon sent kill scads after them? Or atleest those who were known to be of the Dragons blood

9 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

I agree 

Maybe Robert Baratheon sent kill scads after them? Or atleest those who were known to be of the Dragons blood

We don't have proof but through Ned's POV we could see his hatred for Targaryens and his intention to kill them all. Roberts bastards are Targaryen bastards too though. :P

I've actually got a good theory on this. if Aerys did have a bastard then they'd have the last name Waters since they would have been born in the Crownlands. So as far as people we know this mostly leaves Aurane as our only option. BUT what if its someone we know who doesn't have the last name Waters? Someone who got to choose his own name because he'd been granted land and a title. I'm talking about Davos Seaworth, born in kingslanding, raised in fleabottom and parents unknown. And the only POV character with out any noble lineage. 

BTW this Plays into my own theory of Aery's being Azor Ahai and that the legend of the lightbringer he forged is actually a metaphor for getting a woman pregnant with a child that will eventually grow up to defeat the others. In which case just as AA failed to forge the lightbringer 2 times when sticking his sword water and a lion, then Aerys also sired 2 failed/broken lightbringers by sticking his dick into "water" and a "lion". Davos being from a low born mother in crownlands would thus represent "water" and like the 1st lightbringer is also broken (missing fingers). This websites Wiki also lists him as the only possible Human lightbringer for other reasons on their Lightbringer theories page.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Lightbringer/Theories

the time line for Cersei and Jamie being the mad kings doesnt fit.

Yet Tyrion is most definitely Aerys bastard. I will go to my grave with this belief. Until George disputs it himself as iirc he did about the incest twins.

When the question was asked Darkstar did cross my mind.

Yet Waters is a possibility if Aerys was worried about his kids he coukd have sent his bastard to his cousins to be raised. To keep him safe but close enough that he could keep an eye on him.

Archived