Are there any Targaryen Bastards?

norwaywolf123

4 minutes ago, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Agree, they will likely accept anything. I'm sure that, even if Jon somehow ends up being King, he will be known as the Bastard King, even if he's not a bastard at all. We could have Rhaegar being brought back and saying "he's my legitimate son!!", and some would still doubt it.

I rather like the idea of the Bastard King, even though I'm not confident at all that will be Jon's  destiny.

On 5/4/2016 at 0:43 AM, JCRB's Honeypot said:

Darkstar is a legitimate Dayne, according to Ran/Elio who has seen the Dayne family tree. So... nope.

He could be adopted... :P

On 1/5/2016 at 4:21 PM, Rhaenys_Targaryen said:

Since Aerys lost his interest in his mistresses quite quickly (unlike Aegon, whose relationships with his mistresses usually lasted years), it is possible that the girls Aerys had an affair with  ensured they would not become pregnant with his bastard (for example by using moon tea).

I believe this is the most likely scenario. Although Robert easily racked fourteen bastards in his years on KL, and he was not someone to have long-lasting affairs either. So it is still possible for a couple of bastards being out there.

Now, assuming an average lifespan of 60 years, there can't actually be too many Targaryen bastards. The only Targaryen males to live during the last six decades were Maester Aemon, Egg, Duncan the small, Daeron son of Egg, Maegor son of Aerion, Jahaerys, Aerys and Rhaegar... For Aemon, Egg, Duncan, and Jahaerys it would be out of character to sire bastards. Daeron died young so no much hope for him or his bastards would be already old men and women. Maegor's name only popped up until WoIaF so I wouldn't really mind him, so that leaves us just with Aerys and Rhaegar... If there are any, I don't think there are more than the ones you can count with your hand. And given how convoluted it would be, most likely Jon is the only Targaryen bastard alive.

1 hour ago, Merengues said:

I believe this is the most likely scenario. Although Robert easily racked fourteen bastards in his years on KL, and he was not someone to have long-lasting affairs either. So it is still possible for a couple of bastards being out there.

Now, assuming an average lifespan of 60 years, there can't actually be too many Targaryen bastards. The only Targaryen males to live during the last six decades were Maester Aemon, Egg, Duncan the small, Daeron son of Egg, Maegor son of Aerion, Jahaerys, Aerys and Rhaegar... For Aemon, Egg, Duncan, and Jahaerys it would be out of character to sire bastards. Daeron died young so no much hope for him or his bastards would be already old men and women. Maegor's name only popped up until WoIaF so I wouldn't really mind him, so that leaves us just with Aerys and Rhaegar... If there are any, I don't think there are more than the ones you can count with your hand. And given how convoluted it would be, most likely Jon is the only Targaryen bastard alive.

Daeron is also unlikely to have bastards because he's gay.

the bastards could only come from:

aerion, maegor, Aerys.

It's unlikely Rhaegar has more then 1 bastard

On 04/05/2016 at 8:06 AM, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

If we go simply by age and appearance, Aerys' possible bastards might be:

Tyrion

Jaime

Cersei

Dany (with Ashara Dayne?)

Darkstar 

Aurane

Davos

Dany is the only one who's too young to fit with the accepted timeframe of Aerys infidelities, but we know Ashara was carrying a bastard at that point and Aerys had been around her at Harrenhal and King's Landing, so the possibility exists. I'd say Davos is a bigger stretch, as he has no Targaryen features. Davos being Aerys' bastard is about as likely as Hot Pie being Robert's.

Joffrey, Tommen, and Myrcella are legitimate Baratheons according to the family tree in TWoIaF.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/c4616f2d28135fb337eee88009e6bd74/tumblr_inline_nhoc01cSez1r6udoq.jpg

I was part of the thread where Ran said he'd seen the Dayne Family tree, and this was not a family tree as intended to appear in TWOIAF, but rather GRRM's own personal, keeping the story and characters straight in his own head Family tree. So when Ran said, No darkstar is no ones bastard; I believe him.  It isn't the same thing as an in world Maester written family tree which only records peoples official parentage at all. 

Dany can't be Ashara Daynes daughter, the time line does not work. We know as it came from GRRM's mouth that Dany was born 8-9 months after the sack of KL. And Ashara was dead by then. Ashara died in 283. As did Aerys Targaryen. And whilst a child of his seed can be born the during year following his death, womens wombs don't work so well once they are dead. Oh and then there is the fact that the entire idea that Viserys wouldn't have noticed is utterly absurd. 

Archived