Jon Snow will kill Roose Bolton.

Scorpion92

Alright, so I have seen a plenty topics where majority of the fandom believe that Ramsay will kill Roose in this season.

I propose an alternative way for discussion: do you thinkk resurrected Jon Snow will somehow be responsible for Roose's death BEFORE his clash Bastardbowl with Ramsay? The reason is that story-wise it would be much more sweeter if Roose's death included Robb's heir, which is what I think will happen in the books: Rickon and Shaggydog will return from Skagos with Davos and survivors (Osha and majority will be wiped out by "dead things in the water"), rally newly established House Thenn of Karhold to Rickon's cause thanks to Alys and Sigorn and join Stannis and Roose's battle at Dreadfort, where he will slay the Leech Lord (check out Cantuse's amazing essays regarding this).

In my mind, the show version will have Robb's heir, Jon (who will be riding in Sansa's name, since in reality she is Robb's heir, not Jon), attack Dreadfort probably with wildling army and capture Roose. Plus, there are two scenes last season where Jon and Roose are linked: first time when he is discussing Leech Lord with Stannis in the first episode; and then when he is signing messages for help with secretary-Sam in the room, and he does not want to sign the one with Roose Bolton's name on it.

So I don't know, what do you guys think? I mean, realistically, Bolton officers and soldiers are loyal to Roose; so if Ramsay murders his own father and half-brother to control Bolton army, it will be very unrealistic for people to just jump from father to son's camp so smoothly. Plus, the fact that Sansa-Jon-Davos army is fighting near Winterfell means that Dreadfort is either captured or destroyed. I believe this will be the best place for Leech Lord to die, with Jon probably ordering the destruction of the castle and burning Roose Bolton to appease Melisandre or something along these lines.

What if the burning crosses with people on it is some kind of a message from Ramsay to Jon: " Hey, I know what you did to my father, this is what I will do to you as well, but not before flaying you, Bolton way"?

I don't know, you think possible?

Its going to be Ramsay. Show Jon is too much of a bitch to put these guys down if he faced them he'd probably arrest them like the cliche good boy he is.

I can't avoid thinking how great the payoff would have been if it happened last season, with Ramsay taking hints from Sansa (ok, she did mention it, but Roose also insisted on it this season). And then Sansa thinks she avenged her family by getting Roose killed while keeping her hands clean and comes the marriage, the rape and Sansa's realization that she tried to manipulate someone and only traded one monster for another.

1 minute ago, Mourneblade said:

What is really gonna melt people's minds is that it was Sansa who killed Roose.

The Littlefinger way.

D&D might actually Empower the Sansa arc again. 

Nah, not quite. Sansa did make Ramsay start to doubt. But Roose also did the same. Had Roose not threatened to disinherit Ramsay (and Sansa's remark was show in the "previously in") I'd agree. But think of it this way: If Sansa kept her mouth shut, Ramsay would have killed Roose anyway.

15 minutes ago, Pies are coming said:

Nah, not quite. Sansa did make Ramsay start to doubt. But Roose also did the same. Had Roose not threatened to disinherit Ramsay (and Sansa's remark was show in the "previously in") I'd agree. But think of it this way: If Sansa kept her mouth shut, Ramsay would have killed Roose anyway.

True.  Just glad they got on with it.  Finally a dead Bolton.

Archived