hodor aka walder

skallywag

just a thought, could old nan have escaped the twins as part of a failed  coup, or a coup on the previous lord?

we know Hodors real name is Walder

could old Nan be a common girl and hodor walder freys bastard, or possibly they were truly in love and he was betrothed to another, or more likely a product of one or the other legit or bastard but yet still a spy for the freys focusing on the southron ambitions plot

I know its kind of out there just a thought I had recently

15 hours ago, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

Grrm, for the most part, used real history when naming his characters. How many Henrys are there? Or Arthurs? Etc etc. So many characters share common names.  Doesn't mean they are related.

You must concede tho: 'Walder' is intimately related to House Frey, and I think all 'Walders' in the saga have some Frey running in their veins, save for Walderran Tarbeck, which sounds like the full name or a more southron one (like in Jon/Jonothor)

1 hour ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

You must concede tho: 'Walder' is intimately related to House Frey, and I think all 'Walders' in the saga have some Frey running in their veins, save for Walderran Tarbeck, which sounds like the full name or a more southron one (like in Jon/Jonothor)

Yeah true, I just don't see the point of him have this elaborate Frey family story. I prefer the elaborately related to Dunk story.

I used to have this idea that Hodor/Walder was born of one of Old Nans grandchildren out in the world somewhere and was connected to the Freys and Crakehalls, possibly explaining the size of him and first name choice. I think my notion went that a Crakehall/Frey girl(They are all sluts apparently) slept with Nans Grandson, or one of Nans Granddaughters slept with a Crakehall/Frey man and fathered a bastard- Hodor/Walder.

And he was named to gain favour with old Walder by naming him after him. But, when they saw the size of him which was possibly more abnormal than usual Crakehall babies, or realised he was mentally disabled perhaps, they shipped him off to the North to live with his great grandmother Nan.

I couldn't quite get the theory to work out though for a number of reasons, like what happened to his parents? Or the fact Old Walder only had one Crakehall daughter and I'm not sure it could have been her. Or possibly it was and she slept with Nans Grandson who died at Pyke?. The theory never quite worked but i do still think it's possible Hodor was born in the big bad world and shipped off back to his Great grandmother because I think the chances of Nans grandchild still living at WF and having a child is unlikely when her children moved away.

Archived