Ramsay's Gift

4 hours ago, GeorgeIAF said:

I don't think that's Shaggydog, i refuse to believe this.

He did look very small.   But I think it's him.  I will go grieve in my own way.  I think the Umbers shouldn't have done it though.  Even if they do side with the Boltons, keeping Rickon is a good hedge.  They could have bent the knee, tried to negotiate with the Wall on the future of the Wildlings, hid Rickon and thought of some other way to prove loyalty to Ramsay if needed (e.g. station troops there or stay on like the Karstark lackey).

He did look very small.   But I think it's him.  I will go grieve in my own way.  I think the Umbers shouldn't have done it though.  Even if they do side with the Boltons, keeping Rickon is a good hedge.  They could have bent the knee, tried to negotiate with the Wall on the future of the Wildlings, hid Rickon and thought of some other way to prove loyalty to Ramsay if needed (e.g. station troops there or stay on like the Karstark lackey).

If the story is that the Eyrie comes to the rescue of the North I will be disappointed. At face value you have 3 of the 4 major houses in the north betraying the Starks without even flinching. It would also require the Eyrie to demonstrate more loyalty to the Stark family than their own banner men. Ridiculous.

Hopefully that is not the way the show goes. It would be stupid and lazy writing. 

I thought the North were all staying true to the Starks. That's what we were led to believe for the past 3 seasons...."The North remembers".

And yes that wolf head looked a little small for Shaggy, but the Greywind head everyone refers to to disporve it being Shaggy was also used by that dead direwolf in the very first episode. Just look at them....same exact head.

I hope it is a ruse but I dont trust the show writers.

10 minutes ago, of man and wolf said:

I thought the North were all staying true to the Starks. That's what we were led to believe for the past 3 seasons...."The North remembers".

And yes that wolf head looked a little small for Shaggy, but the Greywind head everyone refers to to disporve it being Shaggy was also used by that dead direwolf in the very first episode. Just look at them....same exact head.

I hope it is a ruse but I dont trust the show writers.

I agree about the writers. They want a big shiny battle to distract us with, so they'll have the Umber turn on the Starks. It's really unfortunate that they continue to screw the story up despite GRRM having given them a blueprint.

MY THEORY:

the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

(of course I might be totally wrong!)

MY THEORY:

the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

How did they just kill another direwolf... :c I really hope that's not Shaggydog and the Umbers have some sort of plan to get Ramsay out of the way. Egh, I'm too hopeful probably.

How did they just kill another direwolf... :c I really hope that's not Shaggydog and the Umbers have some sort of plan to get Ramsay out of the way. Egh, I'm too hopeful probably.

Yeah...this is one of those things that doesn't seem to make any sense unless the Umbers are planning some kind of GNC betrayal (which seems very convoluted).  If they have Rickon, they have the heir to Winterfell and the North (Bran nowhere to be found, presumed dead).  The Umbers wouldn't need Ramsay, at all.  

I have to think that Smalljon refusing to kneel to Ramsay is indicative of some kind of plan to betray him.  We will see what happens with Ramsay/Rickon and if Smalljon stays sort of protective of him which will be a better indication of what his plans are.  We will also see if the show just did a bad job of recreating Shaggy Dog's head because it didn't quite look like him.

I will say I'm beyond sick and tired of the show putting characters in Ramsay's clutches and the amount of time they spend on his torturing.  Hopefully there isn't too much of that taking place here.  

That being said, I do think Rickon is a relatively minor character in the grand scheme of things and as such won't have too much of a role to play in anything.  

1 hour ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

MY THEORY:

proofs?

Why not use a fRickon if it's a ruse? Delivering what is, to the best of their knowledge, the last male Stark heir into the hands of batshit psycho Ramsay is not only incredibly stupid but makes zero sense if they're planning on turning on Ramsay. It's not a ruse, and you can take it to the bank. It's just lazy and bad storytelling that relies so much on shocks and twists that everything else is forgotten and requires constant hand waves. 

Archived