Will Jon recover from his wounds?

Ser Yorick Ampersand

I think the fact he woke up, sat up, and started breathing in a healthy way, without spilling blood everywhere, shows that his injuries will not have any effect on his organs, circulatory system, or movement. They might be scars though.

It will be interesting if he does regen his blood and flush out more.

It would be cool if he was constantly bleeding from his wounds, like it just can't stop. His body is reanimated but cannot repair, kind of thing. It would also be cool if he decomposes slowly, so over the next 2 seasons, we see Jon slowly falling apart - finger nails, teeth, eyballs etc.

Wrote this in the Jon-Melisandre thread: I really, REALLY hope they don't Jesus/Mary Magdalene this event. Jon walks out (in loincloth) -> everyone gasps -> Davos approaches, says "Jon, is it really you?" -> Jon says "Look; you can see the stab wounds. Touch them, if you don't believe" -> Davos becomes Doubting Thomas.

::shaking my head:: The books wouldn't do that, but we know the show is not the books.

3 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

I like the idea of him being extremely pale, like his direwolf...basically a ghost. Doesn't Daeny dreamed of lover with ice cold manhood?

With blue lips. So no, Jon isn't the lover that Dany dreamed of.

9 hours ago, Ser Greenseer said:

He'll have scars for sure but he will be fine. His wounds will be healed like Beric's were after his resurrection. 

Exactly.

He's been dead for a day, 2 tops - I imagine Beric was only dead for a few hours at most the first time Thoros brought him back, but I can't see the difference affecting Jon (a main character) too much. 

The Hound sliced Berric almost in half in their duel and yet afterwards Beric was able to walk around. This revival magic must repair most of the damage.

He's not undead- he's alive.  Which means he has the ability to die again.  Beric's wounds healed, so there's no reason to believe that Jon's won't...really, he couldn't stay alive if they didn't.

Whatever consequence he may suffer from this resurrection, he's still alive.

9 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Well both Beric and Stoneheart were greatly reduced shadows of themselves. I'll be annoyed if Jon just wakes up and goes on without any consequence whatsoever.

Beric got worse every time he was resurrected - was it 3 or 4 in total? Stoneheart was floating in a river for three days before she was brought back. I think that leaves some room for Jon to be less fucked up than those two.

1 hour ago, Ser Hyle said:

Beric got worse every time he was resurrected - was it 3 or 4 in total? Stoneheart was floating in a river for three days before she was brought back. I think that leaves some room for Jon to be less fucked up than those two.

I agree, I'm just saying I hope there will be some consequences. It doesn't even have to be anything major on a first resurrection. Maybe food doesn't taste the same or at all, he has a harder time remembering things, his emotional state becomes distant, or things of that sort. Oh and Beric had a total of seven lives.

Archived