[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

HexMachina

Flashbacks scene was glorious. Main reason was Lyanna and young Hodor speaking. Well Willas. Bran scenes all around were great and finally to see Meera too. Wonder where was Summer. Surprised by Ser Rodrik Cassel.

I like Thorne can see new Jon and it will be one of the most interesting confrontations during this series because two go way back. Also Olly. Loved giant Wun Wun and Tormund badass as always.

FrankenMountan as good and funny when that guy pissed on him.

Tyrion scene with dragons was good.

Resurrection was nicely done too and like when he woke up nobody was around and only him and Ghost. Also when Ghost sensed it was a nice touch maybe even nod to books of him warging? Anyway, Carice did a brilliant job these past two episodes. Davos/Liam Cunnigham too and of course Dolorous Edd was good with his smirk leading wildlings with Tormund and Wun Wun. I wonder, if he remains at Castle Black or go with Jon, probably stay and be LC.

Arya scene was decent but it's getting boring.

Jaime is finally here. Nice scene with High Sparrow.

Cersei and Tommen too decent.

All around very good episode. Surprisingly.

"I've never been much of a fighter.  Apologies for what you're about to see."  *grabs longclaw*

It was in the trailers.  We knew it was coming.  So what.  Fun as hell to see. 

EDD CONTINUES TO GET LINES!  I hope this doesn't stop happening now that Jon is no longer dead.

Transition from "biggest guy in the watch breaking down the door" to "Wun Wun the GIANT breaking down the whole fucking gate."  Also, Wun Wun splattering the dingus who shot him.  Notice this is the only actual casualty.  I know people were complaining about The Watch not fighting the Wildlings more, but do notice A] Edd was leading the charge, and B] The Free Folk never actually attacked anyone, they just showed up with superior numbers.  Once it was clear they didn't actually have to fight for their lives, just hand Thorne et al. over to Edd's custody, standing down like they did is plausible.

No Dorne Is Good Dorne.

THE BRIDGE.  Okay, exposition-laden staredown is as campy as you'd expect, but Patrick Malahide is/was a Fun As Hell Balon Greyjoy, liked watching Asha reduce his argument to "fuck you I'm your dad/king" because he had nothing else.  Balon's trepidation from the beginning of his crossing the bridge contrasts with Euron standing cocksure and grabbing nothing but himself (lol).  Balon also gets a little nobler death than the Banana Peel Of Doom (tm) some of us were predicting/expecting for a couple years now.  So, some nits to pick with the scene overall, but the bridge showdown was a very nice visual.

Ramsay naming "Manderly" as one of his expected allies.  Looks like we may get a bit of northern politics and dare I hope even a conspiracy, after all.  Ramsay seems to have already reached an understanding with Junior Karstark in this scene, since he's obviously seen THE TRUTH about Roose :(:(:(:( and he ain't bothered none, nor does Ramsay seem worried that he knows.

Way to get three people killed, Maester Dumbshit Buttinsky.  Didn't get Roose's memo about "A QUIET PEOPLE" it seems. :)

Also I seriously was expecting Ramsay to spike his new baby brother like a football (would've fit the theme Wun Wun and Ser Robert established in this episode!).  Poor Fat Walda.  You knew they were dying and it was going to be gruesome.

Yes, I did a fistpump when my boy Jon gasped for air.  Whatever, fuck it.  Glad they didn't try to drag it out over most of the season like I feared.  The Davos/Melisandre conversation to set up the attempt was enough of a reach as it was.  But at least we've got it done now.

Flashback was fun enough.  Still up in the air on how I feel about Young Hodor but I guess it's interesting that the one fan theory about his mental state being trauma-based, rather than addled from birth, gets a boost here.  Along with the idea that "Hodor" means something.  Maybe.  That's interesting.

15 minutes ago, Salad Days Saan said:

"I've never been much of a fighter.  Apologies for what you're about to see."  *grabs longclaw*

It was in the trailers.  We knew it was coming.  So what.  Fun as hell to see. 

EDD CONTINUES TO GET LINES!  I hope this doesn't stop happening now that Jon is no longer dead.

Transition from "biggest guy in the watch breaking down the door" to "Wun Wun the GIANT breaking down the whole fucking gate."  Also, Wun Wun splattering the dingus who shot him.  Notice this is the only actual casualty. 

Tormund slew one, didn't he? He cut one crow twice, and the fella fell down. Did he get up?

Drinking and thinking.

Giant Smash.

Brothers on a bridge.

Drunk guy pissing on Rob strong.

No more Dorne,

The snowman cometh... Hopehe is gonna be a less whiney and emo guy now that hes been dead.

The fact that Ned told Benjen the exact same thing Jon Snow told Olly when he trained him, episode 5x01

"Shield up, or I'll ring your head like a bell"

That was nice. They even had the same gestures.

I loved this episode. Pretty much all of it. Bran and Winterfell flashback and I cant wait for more of these. The scene with Jaimie and the HS was really amazing. LOVE Davos and everything at the Wall. So glad we are seeing more of Ghost. Was that a nod to warging ? Im not sure..... Wasnt sure what to expect re JOns resurrection but it wasnt what I expected and maybe thats why I enjoyed it so much. Looking forward to next week. Cant wait for the TOJ.  

I liked the scene with Fat Walda and her baby being eaten - it made me feel bad for them, which meant it was an effective scene, IMO. Not as bad as I felt for Shireen - but bad.

I also liked the casing for Lyanna and Theon talking about going home.

10 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Flashbacks scene was glorious. Main reason was Lyanna and young Hodor speaking. Well Willas. Bran scenes all around were great and finally to see Meera too. Wonder where was Summer. Surprised by Ser Rodrik Cassel.

I like Thorne can see new Jon and it will be one of the most interesting confrontations during this series because two go way back. Also Olly. Loved giant Wun Wun and Tormund badass as always.

FrankenMountan as good and funny when that guy pissed on him.

Tyrion scene with dragons was good.

Resurrection was nicely done too and like when he woke up nobody was around and only him and Ghost. Also when Ghost sensed it was a nice touch maybe even nod to books of him warging? Anyway, Carice did a brilliant job these past two episodes. Davos/Liam Cunnigham too and of course Dolorous Edd was good with his smirk leading wildlings with Tormund and Wun Wun. I wonder, if he remains at Castle Black or go with Jon, probably stay and be LC.

Arya scene was decent but it's getting boring.

Jaime is finally here. Nice scene with High Sparrow.

Cersei and Tommen too decent.

All around very good episode. Surprisingly.

I know right! Feels like the first time we've seen the real Jamie in ages.

So far it feels like the writers aren't trying to spoil the future books. Seems like they'll hit the major theories that have been discussed to death and are taken as a canon but leave the rest up for GRRM to reveal.

Davos continues to be awesome.

The CGI for Ghost has been great in these past two episodes. It's never been bad but this episode was particularly good.

I felt one of the Boltons would stab the other. I was genuinely shocked Ramsay got the drop on Roose. That shock held over to Fat Walda's death. I don't care for her characters in the books but her death was particularly brutal. Was literally speechless. On the flipside, I can't see what Ramsay's endgame is. I'm sort of excited to see how the Freys respond to this (if they respond at all).

I liked the Greyjoy scene! Having it be Euron that kills Balon was a nice touch.

Carice as Melisandre has been heartbreaking. Great performances from her and Lena Headey. I can't forgive their actions but I can admire their acting.

No Dorne.

It was better than last episode but not as good as I expected it to be.

Bran's vision was fine, and was a highlight in the episode despite the lack of context.

I've seen that many are satisfied with Euron. I think it's still too soon to tell, but I'm glad t hey kinda used dialogues from the books they are supposed to be adapting. That was, to me, more shocking than any death.

I'm glad Yara is back.

Speaking of which, the scene with Ramsay and Walda could have been one memorable one, but it was a bit put down by how they already "reminded" us what Ramsay does with his dogs.

I liked the fact that Roose got betrayed by Ramsay meaning that all Roose got out of betraying Robb was nothing except handing his title over to his Bastard son? Karma is a bitch Roose. Seeing Thorne locked in a cell with Olly is priceless, them 2 deserve each other, the only thing better then seeing them killed is seeing them locked up together forever. Balon finally going over the ropes was satisfying and the HS starting to show his true colours but I wanted Jaime to Stab him.

9 hours ago, Ingelheim said:

The fact that Ned told Benjen the exact same thing Jon Snow told Olly when he trained him, episode 5x01

"Shield up, or I'll ring your head like a bell"

That was nice. They even had the same gestures.

I noticed this...it was a great tie in, loved it.

I liked:

- the opening scene with Bran back in Winterfell AND the whole thing being wrapped up in a flashback. Very nice :)

- that Hodor could talk before he became Hodor :)

- Jaime acting like a father towards Tommen

- Euron killing Balon

- Ramsay killing Roose (the only deed he's ever done that I applaud; I've been waiting for someone to kill Roose since the RW)

- Theon and Sansa

- Tyrion and the dragons

- Dorne wasn't in the episode *g*

In fact, I liked almost everything about this episode except the resurrection.

Theons remorse was a great scene. Congratulations to Alfie Allen, the first time I really cared about Theon/Reek in the show.

Too bad, he is going off to the II now. I would have preferred him to stick with Sansa, actually taking the black and see how that works out with Jon.

Tommen and Cersei was heartwarming. I was half expecting him to give her a "Worlds best mum" mug he painted himself :D

Archived