[Spoilers] Cerci & Tommin at Kings Landing

ssls6

I really enjoyed the reconciliation between Cerci and Tommin.  I could almost feel Cerci move from wounded animal back to her former self.  I want/love the chaotic Cerci back in charge or her probable downfall will be problematic.  Jamie did a nice job of moving Tommin back into the Lannister fold.

CerSEI hopefully doesn't move back to her former self just yet/at all, as losing two children and being publicly humiliated takes a little more to get over than a reconciliation with TommEn. 

I don't think Cersei, or anybody for that matter, will be in charge any time soon, because the compete chaos that rules in King's Landing at the moment is the necessary doorstep for one of the main characters to step in and take over (be that Jon or Daenerys or Tyrion). 

Also, Cersei's peak is over, imo, the walk of atonement and the loss of Myrcella all mark her decline, sooner or later she will be killed off too, there is really not much left to happen to Cersei, other than her Maggy the Frog prophecy fulfilled. 

Of course that's just my thoughts. 

Given that Tommen is aged up I thought this was a good way to handle it. He's a teenager so it doesn't make sense for him to be playing with cats and acting like a clueless child, so instead they make him an angsty teen who still needs his mom to help him. It works better this way, and sets up the coming conflict between the Faith and Lannisters better. 

I'd like to see Tommen and Cersei getting onto something. Seeing this old fart walking around, threatening the king and a Kingsguard and talking about overthrowing empire made me miss Joffrey. And putting the fanatics back in their places and maybe hanging the High Sparrow for treason is a goal that maybe even could unite the Lannisters and the Tyrells (though ofc it's impossible to happen).

Archived