Cersei's Valonqar

This is just a musing, but in many cultures across the world cousins are classified as siblings (India for e.g.).

Hence the reason for why I think thal Lancel could be a candidate to be Cersei's valonquar, and the reason for why I think that Lancel is a more more credible candidate then Daven for example is that strangulation is a method of killing commonly used when emotions are high Shae and Tyrion come to mind. For we know Lancel to still harbour feelings towards Cersei.

"He reached for her hand. “It is cruel, Cersei. Your Grace knows that I love—” AFFC Cersei

We also know that the high septon before the high sparrow was killed off by Cersei via Osney Kettleblack usig the same method, "“That one there. She’s the queen I fucked, the one sent me to kill the old High Septon. He never had no guards. I just come in when he was sleeping and pushed a pillow down across his face.”"

We are also told through Jaime's POV that the previous High Septon was a somewhat of a friend, "“He prayed for me when I was wounded. He was a good man.” So would killing the instigator of this heinous crime of killing the head of his faith not be the perfect retribution to a pious man like Lancel?

N.B. I still think that it will be Jaime, but is it even possible for him to wrap his golden hand around Cersei's " pale white throat and choke the life from her"?

Archived