Bastard Bowl, it's on, but when (Season 6 Episode 2 spoilers and ADwD spoilers))

Good to have a very jam packed eventful episode after the pretty uneventful premiere.

It looks like the meeting between America's most hated bastard and the most loved bastard is a near certainty.

Ramsay told Roose the plan to march to the Wall and kill Jon before he took care of Roose.  And of course Jon is back.

I always tell non-book readers that Ramsay is way worse in the books.  He raped and killed Lady Hornwood, the flays Reek way worse in the books than the show (except the removal of his junk is explicitly stated int he show, whereas in the books I believe it's just inferred) and he probably killed his baby bro Domeric.  Well the show bridged the gap (which may very well happen in the books) by his savage killing of Lady Walda and his baby brother.  So I think it's pretty clear that Ramsay is going to have his comeuppance and I am pretty sure it will happen at Jon Snow's hands.

My question is when.

Ramsay stated his plan to Roose before he killed him.  Which is go to the Wall, kill Jon and with the support of the Manderly's, Karstarks and Umbers he can give two shits about the other Northern Houses.

****ADwD spoilers below*****

Book readers know that two of those tree just mentioned are probably not on the Bolton side, i.e. Frey Pie.  In the previews there appears to be a wedding feast with Walder Frey and some Lannister soldiers.  I am thinking this is a Blue, grey, twin wedding, whatever it's called.  I am assuming this is where the Frey Pie happens.  With that said, this is an event that can teach Ramsay that he does not have the support he thinks he has or the show can do something completely different and keep the Bolton's out of it.

Just wondering what everyone thinks.

Will bastard bowl be the finale or second to last episode or will it happen sooner than later?

Is the Frey wedding going to involve the Bolton's?  Will it involve the Manderly's?  Will it show Ramsay that he is being played by other Northerners before he marches on the Wall?

Bastard bowl is the best bet for episode 9. At the same time I don't know what Jon will do for 7 episodes between now and then.  The only things I could see as a other comparable battle episodes is if the Others make a move , Dany and a new Khalasar decide to mess some stuff up, or Lannisters/Tyrells vs Faith or Lannisters/Freys vs Riverrun.  I don't know if a big battle with the Others is coming this season after Hardhome last season and a lot of other things they need to get done.  

As for the last part, Frey Pies seems tough for them to do with no introduction at all to Manderlys yet.  But I'm hoping.  

11 hours ago, Rob Storm said:

Bastard bowl is the best bet for episode 9. At the same time I don't know what Jon will do for 7 episodes between now and then. 

As of know he has ~25 brothers of the night's watch left and a couple of wildlings with uncertain loyality. If he want's to set up a proper bastard bowl a few things need to happen:

* getting informed that Ramsey is after him (he doesn't even know about Sansa)

* getting allies (Manderley, bear island)

* getting his army to winterfell

I'd say it's got to happen early in the series.  If D&D reckon there are only x amount of episodes left after this series then we must be racing to the conclusion.  That means by the end of this season Dany needs to be in Westeros and the Wall needs to be breached.  It would be quite amusing if the Wall is breached as Bastard bowl is going on outside Castle Black!

On May 2, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Rob Storm said:

Bastard bowl is the best bet for episode 9. At the same time I don't know what Jon will do for 7 episodes between now and then.  The only things I could see as a other comparable battle episodes is if the Others make a move , Dany and a new Khalasar decide to mess some stuff up, or Lannisters/Tyrells vs Faith or Lannisters/Freys vs Riverrun.  I don't know if a big battle with the Others is coming this season after Hardhome last season and a lot of other things they need to get done.  

As for the last part, Frey Pies seems tough for them to do with no introduction at all to Manderlys yet.  But I'm hoping.  

Bastardbowl is going to happen episode 9. The wall won't be breached until after that

On May 2, 2016 at 11:54 AM, The Snark of Winterfell said:

Good to have a very jam packed eventful episode after the pretty uneventful premiere.

It looks like the meeting between America's most hated bastard and the most loved bastard is a near certainty.

Ramsay told Roose the plan to march to the Wall and kill Jon before he took care of Roose.  And of course Jon is back.

I always tell non-book readers that Roose is way worse in the books.  He raped and killed Lady Hornwood, the flays Reek way worse in the books than the show (except the removal of his junk is explicitly stated int he show, whereas in the books I believe it's just inferred) and he probably killed his baby bro Domeric.  Well the show bridged the gap (which may very well happen in the books) by his savage killing of Lady Walda and his baby brother.  So I think it's pretty clear that Ramsay is going to have his comeuppance and I am pretty sure it will happen at Jon Snow's hands.

My question is when.

Ramsay stated his plan to Roose before he killed him.  Which is go to the Wall, kill Jon and with the support of the Manderly's, Karstarks and Umbers he can give two shits about the other Northern Houses.

****ADwD spoilers below*****

Book readers know that two of those tree just mentioned are probably not on the Bolton side, i.e. Frey Pie.  In the previews there appears to be a wedding feast with Walder Frey and some Lannister soldiers.  I am thinking this is a Blue, grey, twin wedding, whatever it's called.  I am assuming this is where the Frey Pie happens.  With that said, this is an event that can teach Ramsay that he does not have the support he thinks he has or the show can do something completely different and keep the Bolton's out of it.

Just wondering what everyone thinks.

Will bastard bowl be the finale or second to last episode or will it happen sooner than later?

Is the Frey wedding going to involve the Bolton's?  Will it involve the Manderly's?  Will it show Ramsay that he is being played by other Northerners before he marches on the Wall?

You mean Ramsay, Ramsay raped and killed Lady Hornwood, etc. For plot purposes I would think before 9, but with it being a battle episode it may be. Plus we have many POVS we have yet to see, such as Sam and Baelish. Then again, there are other battles to be fought.

26 minutes ago, nyser1 said:

You mean Ramsay, Ramsay raped and killed Lady Hornwood, etc. For plot purposes I would think before 9, but with it being a battle episode it may be. Plus we have many POVS we have yet to see, such as Sam and Baelish. Then again, there are other battles to be fought.

Thx made the edit

Archived