What did CoF say to Meera outside the cave?

When Meera was sitting outside after Bran and Hodor went back inside, the CoF called said something like Bran will need you - but I don't think she called him Bran...did anyone catch whether she called him Bran or not? Also, she said he will need you out there, I think. I did a rewind and listened again but didn't catch it. If so, I think this  shows there is a plan for Bran to leave the cave eventually - at least in the show. 

Yes. She says, "Bran will need you."

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about Bran in the series not staying Cave bound as he is in the books--at least so far.

If as hypothisized by some on YouTube, that the Children have in fact been manipulating forces in Westeros for their own ends, Bran finding this out and leaving the Cave for good seems likely.

Yeah thats a nice detail that I caught but saw no one talking about. People always assumes Bran will stay in the cave for the rest of his life, so that was an indication that it won't be the case (at least in the show).

Where will he go ? Further North, in the Land of Always Winter ? Will he finally meet Coldhands, or maybe he will hook up with Benjen ? Will he go back to Winterfell as the rightful lord by the end of the series?

32 minutes ago, The Unborn said:

Yeah thats a nice detail that I caught but saw no one talking about. People always assumes Bran will stay in the cave for the rest of his life, so that was an indication that it won't be the case (at least in the show).

There are those people, but I’ve never understood them.

Biggest book spoiler of the season thus far and it is a huge one. I was one of those book readers who foresaw Bran spending the rest of his life joined to a tree. Leaf telling Meera Bran will need her when he leaves dispels that unconditionally. And I don't think that is a twist that the show can take that the books will go different. Bran staying/leaving the cave is a major plot point. What his destiny is now I have absolutely no idea.

32 minutes ago, Minuteman said:

Biggest book spoiler of the season thus far and it is a huge one. I was one of those book readers who foresaw Bran spending the rest of his life joined to a tree. Leaf telling Meera Bran will need her when he leaves dispels that unconditionally. And I don't think that is a twist that the show can take that the books will go different. Bran staying/leaving the cave is a major plot point. What his destiny is now I have absolutely no idea.

Seriously?  The first character we meet, possibly the most important character in the story, would stay in a cave forever?  Sorry, but I can't believe people actually thought that.

13 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Seriously?  The first character we meet, possibly the most important character in the story, would stay in a cave forever?  Sorry, but I can't believe people actually thought that.

I hear it's a nice cave...

I for one have always been in the camp of Bran will leave the cave eventually. This was a nice confirmation for what I have been thinking for years. Also if you have seen some of the behind the scenes set videos you will know why he leaves, and not to say I called it, but I called it. 

34 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

The first character we meet is the deserter that Ned Stark beheads. Most important character in the story? I'd say Jon at this point. Bran hasn't really done much of anything. Will he be more important than Jon or Dany in how the story unfolds? Maybe. I don't know and I doubt that you do.  As Bran is a particularly gifted warg he could have experienced the world without leaving the cave. I had thought he may simply serve the plot as a character revealing things that happened from the past. I didn't think it particularly important that he physically leave the cave. But now it seems he will. A lot of people had thought that Bran would stay in the cave whether you believe it or not.

3 minutes ago, Minuteman said:

The first character we meet is the deserter that Ned Stark beheads. Most important character in the story? I'd say Jon at this point. Bran hasn't really done much of anything. Will he be more important than Jon or Dany in how the story unfolds? Maybe. I don't know and I doubt that you do.  As Bran is a particularly gifted warg he could have experienced the world without leaving the cave. I had thought he may simply serve the plot as a character revealing things that happened from the past. I didn't think it particularly important that he physically leave the cave. But now it seems he will. A lot of people had thought that Bran would stay in the cave whether you believe it or not.

There is a possibility that the true heart of the story is Bran vs Jamie - the story of a good boy being made bad by life and a man already bad finding some kind of redemption as he tries to protect people from the bad boy.

I don't think Bran needs to leave the cave for his story to develop - being a stationary puppet master is more powerful than mobility. I don't mind either way, though.

52 minutes ago, bloodsteel bitterraven said:

Well... With Bran being Bloodraven's apprentice, theories about Bloodraven's (evil) goal and all, no surprised people thought Bran is going to stay in the cave forever. Heck, you would be surprise that earlier, a lot of people thought Bran won't leave the cave forever (including me).

27 minutes ago, Balerion the black kat said:

Ser Greenseer... Can you post a link to the behind the scenes footage that you saw that shows why? Or is it on one of the DVDs?

Did it sound like Leaf had a word for Bran in the Old Tongue or is it just difficult to understand what she says?

Pay attention to the setting at 0:54 and 2:33. Looks pretty familiar. 

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Could Bran be the one to tell Jon who his parents are after he sees the Tower of Joy scene. When he sees this he will decide to leave the cave to tell Jon. But maybe Jon already knows who he is.

Possibly. There are theories that Bran will transmit the TOJ vision through the weirwood tree, by which Jon will know his true parentage by making contact with it.

6 minutes ago, Balerion the black kat said:

Thanks, Ser Greenseer!  It looks like a wight at :33 and a WW at 2:33...the wight looks like it is "breaking in" which throws some cold water on theories that the CoF are controlling the wights...but this is the story per the show.

I see it as evidence that the White Walkers are going to break into the cave of the CotF with Bran and Co forced to flee. 

I don't want to start an extra thread, and this one seems to be appropriate - what does Lyanna say to Benjen right after she gets off her horse and walks up to him? It sounds like "your freckles are fairy" (I douubt she actually said that though ...) and Benjen answers with "I don't know". I have listened to that bit three dozen times but I just can't make it out.

16 hours ago, Balerion the black kat said:

When Meera was sitting outside after Bran and Hodor went back inside, the CoF called said something like Bran will need you - but I don't think she called him Bran...did anyone catch whether she called him Bran or not?

She called him Brandon Stark.

30 minutes ago, BlackTalon said:

I don't want to start an extra thread, and this one seems to be appropriate - what does Lyanna say to Benjen right after she gets off her horse and walks up to him? It sounds like "your freckles are fairy" (I douubt she actually said that though ...) and Benjen answers with "I don't know". I have listened to that bit three dozen times but I just can't make it out.

She said "Who will you spar with when Ned's off to The Eyrie?"

Archived