What did CoF say to Meera outside the cave?

4 minutes ago, Ibbison from Ibben said:

This shot. Note - no armor, just layers at the shoulder. And hair at right shoulder.

Here's Brienne. Note the armor. 

Here's Meera without the fur cloak (from ep 306)

Sleeveless vest over long-sleeved thigh-length tunic? Check.

Key point - There's no reason for a Bolton soldier to be north of the Wall.

Watch the Brienne vs Bolton soldiers fight again. You can clearly see the shot of a Bolton soldier getting his throat cut that was in the trailer. 

45 minutes ago, Artos Cold said:

Watch the Brienne vs Bolton soldiers fight again. You can clearly see the shot of a Bolton soldier getting his throat cut that was in the trailer. 

Went back and checked. You're right. Thanks for the correction.

21 hours ago, Ser Greenseer said:

Yup, I think it means that the White Walkers will break into the cave and that is what forces Bran and company to flee. 

I think I would like that twist more than if he stayed in the cave.  From reading the books I got the impression that he might have been brought up there to "replace" Blood Raven.  I figured that maybe his life has been extended but not to the point of immortality so the COTF needed a replacement (if that makes any sense).  I do hope he leaves the cave somehow

32 minutes ago, 239JMFL34109 said:

I think in the show They might re- introduce benjen to help Bran get south. 

i would love the idea that benjen went man hunter rambo on the WW. 

Benjen has been re-introduced so far!

As a child......

I want Benjen back too.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:30 AM, SevasTra82 said:

I never felt like Bran was going to stay in the cave in the books or the show...and I never understood why people thought he was going to.  Jojen clearly states in ADWD that he saw his death in a green dream when he returns to Greywater Watch.  Somehow, I don't see him returning to GW without Bran and Co, which means, they'll all end up, somehow and someway, with Howland Reed, possibly by the tunnels that Leif points out.  There are plenty of hints in ADWD that point to them leaving eventually.

SevasTras82,

Can you tell me the chapter this is in? I've been going back through the Bran chapters specifically looking for something like this...and what Jojen knows that makes him so confident that "this is not the day I die" Thanks!!

24 minutes ago, Balerion the black kat said:

SevasTras82,

Can you tell me the chapter this is in? I've been going back through the Bran chapters specifically looking for something like this...and what Jojen knows that makes him so confident that "this is not the day I die" Thanks!!

I'll have to look it up, but it is a scene where Jojen falls into a depression, and Meera tells Bran that he saw his fate in his Greendreams, and that it will happen when he returns to Greywater Watch.  Meera explains to Bran that he's depressed because he doesn't feel he can fight his fate, because his dreams do no lie.  (or something like that).

I believe Bran only has a couple chapters in ADWD, so it shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint.  I think it was in his last chapter.

3 hours ago, Philpenn said:

Bran has a far better shot at leaving the cave in the show than in the books.  Mainly because the show cave has a BACK DOOR.  Anyone else find that a bit stupid?

The book cave has a bunch of secret tunnels hypothesized to be Gorne's way.

I never thought about him leaving the cave. I always assumed he would "fly" by warging a dragon. One of the ongoing issues has been that Danerys can't control the dragons, but Bran is an incredible warg. He doesn't have to leave the cave to do it, I bet. But that doesn't mean he won't.

Archived