Robert's Raw Deal

1 hour ago, OuttaOldtown said:

He's generally positive about HIS characters, means nothing..

Glad the drunken buffoon is dead, shitty King, shitty husband, pretty much Aegon IV 'Lite'. As good of a friend as he was to Ned it doesn't seem to me that felt Lyanna would've been happy with him, what does it say when a friend thinks this? 

Robert was a horrible friend especially to Ned. 

5 hours ago, OuttaOldtown said:

He's generally positive about HIS characters, means nothing..

Glad the drunken buffoon is dead, shitty King, shitty husband, pretty much Aegon IV 'Lite'. As good of a friend as he was to Ned it doesn't seem to me that felt Lyanna would've been happy with him, what does it say when a friend thinks this? 

naah, he really puts Robert in the light grey area (in asoiaf that's really good)... if i put a good person in a job they don´t like with people they don´t like who also try to put you down every turn for 15 years, i garantee said people become A-grade ass&%$# worse than Bob, i know i would

26 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

That was sansas fault and direwolves dont belong in cities.

Than he should have sent Lady back to Winterfell alive. 

And Robert knew that Joffery was lying and even apologized about Lady, so no it wasn't Sansa's fault. 

Robert was a weak bitch don't blame others for his cowardliness.  

10 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I actually agree that Ned was foolish in promising to marry Sansa to Joffrey, knowing what Joffrey was like

Ned didn't know what Joffery was like when he agreed to the marriage, after what happened on the Trident I definitely think Ned was planning on breaking that contract. 

On 5/26/2016 at 7:50 AM, Laughing Storm Reborn said:

Tywin had no winning chance, he wasn't aligned with the Tyrells at the time and Ned's vanguard alone was almost the same as the Lannisters, even if he managed to defeat Ned, Robert would destroy him after with greater more seasoned numbers... not to mention Robert is the better battlefield commander of the two, add Jon and Hoster and it´s madness, Tywin knew it himself that's why he killed the kids, if he could put his own ass on the IT instead of Robert he would without any consideration

All true, but my point (perhaps not well made) is that if Tywin joined Aerys, the Tyrells and every other House that was supporting the Targaryens, I don't see Robert sitting the sharp seat.

Not that Tywin wanted the throne, rather that Tywin's choice sealed it for Robert.

6 minutes ago, Lee-Sensei said:

We were inside his head and he didn't.

I agree that Ned did have some concerns about Joffrey from the beginning as he mentioned something of the sort to Catelyn, who encouraged him to go ahead with betrothal. I don't blame her though, she was right to point out that there was no good way to refuse the king's betrothal offer or the hand of the king job. Robert did know a lot more about Joffrey than Ned though. I guess Robert hoped that Sansa would somehow fix Joffrey while Ned fixed the realm.

20 minutes ago, Wall Flower said:

I agree that Ned did have some concerns about Joffrey from the beginning as he mentioned something of the sort to Catelyn, who encouraged him to go ahead with betrothal. I don't blame her though, she was right to point out that there was no good way to refuse the king's betrothal offer or the hand of the king job. Robert did know a lot more about Joffrey than Ned though. I guess Robert hoped that Sansa would somehow fix Joffrey while Ned fixed the realm.

Ned had no concerns about Joffery when Robert proposed the match he was concerned that Sansa was too young. And worried that Joffery and Robb didn't like each other. Ned did not know any bad thing about Joffery's character until probably the Trident. 

Just now, Wall Flower said:

I don't see that at all. Neds concern was their age. After what happened with Lady he kept the marriage going.

3 hours ago, John Doe said:

We need a king who is a raw deal maker. 

"I am going to build a huuuge wall to keep out the..."

"Sir, it has already been built"

"Oh, well - then I am going to build it even higher! And I want that damm Braavos to respect us more!"

• 2 weeks later...

Robert had no choice but to rebel. However Danny, Aegon, Viserys and co were innocent and were the rightful heirs to the crown.

Robert could have easily taken the role of Clegane Stark who brought justice and order in the kingdom without aiming for the top prize himself. He would have beaten Rhaegar at the Trident and then he would have marched South were Aerys would have ended deposed (or killed by Tywin).

Assuming KL isn't sacked and Elia + children are still alive. Robert would provide them with the protection deserving to loyalty. He would also send 1 ship to Dragonstone lead by Selmy were the queen will be given 'terms' ie Robert's word that the Targs will be protected, the loyalists will be pardoned and Rhaella/Rhaegar's children will return to rule once they come of age. 

Once the dust settles Aegon (unless he’s not killed) or Viserys would be appointed as King with Robert acting as Protector of the Kingdom (ie he'll be the temporary king until Aegon becomes of age).

At that point, Robert would ensure that he raise the king as one of his own children and make him understand why he rebelled. Surely Aunt/Mum Rhaella who had quite a harsh life with Aerys would help especially since her children's life are on the line. In the meantime Robert will build a net of alliances which would provide the safety net for the ‘rebels’ if the King decides to act silly once he comes to age. Robert would marry Cersei while Eddard’s son would marry Margaery Tyrell (once she gets born and come to age) bringing the Tyrells and Lannisters to the rebels fold if a war ever breaks out.

Meanwhile all living Targs will be bethroned to the rebels bringing stability to the realm but also turning them into potential hostages if Aegon/Viserys decide to act silly. Danny would be married off to Eddard’s second son (Bran) once they come to age, Rhaenys would marry Edmure, Aegon would marry Myrcella (which would automatically mean forgiving Tywin as surely he can’t punish his wive’s grandfather can’t he), Elia (if she is still alive) would marry Hoster Tully which will keep the Martells in place. The Blackfish would be given a Lordship in the Crownlands and appointed Lord Commander of the Gold cloaks in exchange of him marrying Rhaella.

Aegon (erm actually Robert) would also be very 'kind' in compensating Robert for his loss by giving him the Lordship of Dragonstone whom he would give to Stannis.

Westeros would be a happy place with Robert living off his life as the saviour of the realm rather than as a usurper. The Targs would still be the rightful rulers but their power would be very limited and they can’t hope to get their revenge without ending up crushed. Unfortunately he overextended himself by usurping a throne which isn't his and taking a role whom he had no idea how to do efficiently

Archived