Joe Abercrombie: The Collected Works (and in what order to read them) SPOILERS

Rhom

2 hours ago, Maithanet said:

It's almost as if, in the past two months of writing, he's made measurable progress.  What a novel concept. 

Is that even legal for authors these days???

He says an interesting amount about the TV adaptation (it's not Sony doing it, it is a TV show and not a movie, they're still at an early, pre-storyboard phase) without saying anything at all. Clever.

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, red snow said:

I probably need to time my reread for later this year then. Be nice to get this trilogy in the space of 18 months to 3 years. Unless he's going to pull a rothfuss on us 

Say it ain’t so, Joe. 

I make no promises of course. Still working on the first draft and other things may get in the way. Then it's a rough draft that needs a lot of tidying up. But I think Autumn 2019 should be good for the first book. I then hope we'll be able to publish a book per year. Doubt it makes sense to go any faster than that. But I'd very much like to go no slower. Again, other things may get in the way. We shall see...

Who cast that high level Summon Author? Well done. Joe you continue to be my most recommended author to my pub customers and friends who want to read some thoroughly entertaining new fiction. Always a pleasure when I get positive feedback, so allow me to pass it on. A few weeks ago a regular told me he started Best Served Cold on a Sunday afternoon and took off Monday to finish it. My highest praise. Come to this Yank' s English pub in Manhattan someday and pints are on me.

On 21/04/2018 at 8:16 PM, Joe Abercrombie said:

I make no promises of course. Still working on the first draft and other things may get in the way. Then it's a rough draft that needs a lot of tidying up. But I think Autumn 2019 should be good for the first book. I then hope we'll be able to publish a book per year. Doubt it makes sense to go any faster than that. But I'd very much like to go no slower. Again, other things may get in the way. We shall see...

One a year would be nice. The "half" series was a bit breakneck at one every 6 months and it sounds like the new books are significantly longer than those series (and have to tie in 6/7 other books worth of continuity).

Also eagerly anticipitating the cover design closer to publication - the first law books have a great ID.

If the other things are " not sony studios,  not storyboards, and not movie related" that'd also be more than acceptable ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived