Rhom

Joe Abercrombie: The Collected Works (and in what order to read them) SPOILERS

326 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Rorshach said:

What order should it be read in?

Alternating first and last chapters while working towards the middle from both ends.  Christopher Nolan edited the book. 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:58 AM, unJon said:

Alternating first and last chapters while working towards the middle from both ends.  Christopher Nolan edited the book. 

It'd be trippy if Joe did some sort of Pulp Fiction-ish book where the order really was reversed and this kind of advice could be serious.  :lol:

16 hours ago, Rhom said:

It'd be trippy if Joe did some sort of Pulp Fiction-ish book where the order really was reversed and this kind of advice could be serious.  :lol:

I'm still kind of surprised that he didn't like the Kill Bill comparison to Best Served Cold. I've always gotten a bit of a Tolkien meets Tarantino vibe from his writing.

4 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

I'm still kind of surprised that he didn't like the Kill Bill comparison to Best Served Cold. I've always gotten a bit of a Tolkien meets Tarantino vibe from his writing.

Yeah, its such an easy comparison.  If he wasn't intending for it to appear that way, then maybe I can see the frustration... but its just there.