Rhom

Joe Abercrombie: The Collected Works (and in what order to read them) SPOILERS

385 posts in this topic

First Law TV or move project possibly in progress.

The source is little sketchy, so take with a grain of salt, but if it's a fake it was a reasonable amount of trouble to go through, which seems unlikely, but you never know. There is some IMDB information suggesting that a project is indeed underway, but since we know IMDB can be user-edited it is not conclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Werthead said:

First Law TV or move project possibly in progress.

The source is little sketchy, so take with a grain of salt, but if it's a fake it was a reasonable amount of trouble to go through, which seems unlikely, but you never know. There is some IMDB information suggesting that a project is indeed underway, but since we know IMDB can be user-edited it is not conclusive.

I guess they could dodge a lot of cost with book 1 = season 1 and then expand the budget for the bigger scenes in season 2 if it catches on. A film would be nicer if they could capture the characterisation in a shorter format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, red snow said:

I guess they could dodge a lot of cost with book 1 = season 1 and then expand the budget for the bigger scenes in season 2 if it catches on. A film would be nicer if they could capture the characterisation in a shorter format.

Book 1 has very little magic and no big battles at all.  I would think you could do it with a pretty modest budget.  All that comes to mind as potentially an issue would be The House of the Maker, and presumably you could make that work with some limited special effects. 

Book 2 has a big battle at the end, although even that is covered in fog so it wouldn't require a big cast.  Glotka doesn't do hardly any fighting in the siege of Dagoska, so that is also manageable. 

Book 3 would be comparatively very challenging.  The battle in the High Places really ought to have hundreds of extras, and then the Battle of Adua has that plus exploding buildings and Eaters flying around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.01.2018 at 10:08 PM, Maithanet said:

Book 1 has very little magic and no big battles at all.  I would think you could do it with a pretty modest budget.  All that comes to mind as potentially an issue would be The House of the Maker, and presumably you could make that work with some limited special effects. 

If the leak is legit, they're going to take quite some liberties with the source material and add a lot of new stuff. Like how Khalul, Ishri and emperor Uthman will all be appearing as on-screen characters in Ferro's storyline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the books and hope it's true, but if they want to be successful they HAVE to take some liberty with the source material to at least make season 1 interesting if they want to get renewed. The Blade Itself is not a enjoyable book per se, You get to meet the characters and Bayaz is recruiting his crew for an adventure. The end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now