[possible spoilers] TOJ...how optimistic are you?

ToTheWolves

It would be hilarious if there were no childbirth, no baby Jon Snow, just Lyanna making Eddard promise not to do anything stupid like following Robert back to King's Landing and getting his head chopped off. In the post-show interview, D&D would just shrug their shoulders and say, "What? We told you who Jon Snow's mother was in Season One.

35 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

It would be hilarious if there were no childbirth, no baby Jon Snow, just Lyanna making Eddard promise not to do anything stupid like following Robert back to King's Landing and getting his head chopped off. In the post-show interview, D&D would just shrug their shoulders and say, "What? We told you who Jon Snow's mother was in Season One.

and I would be done with this show......... till next sunday that is

50 minutes ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

It would be sad and weird. How come he never told Jon if his mom was some wetnurse or fisherman's daughter? It ju doesn't make sense to keep it secret unless there is danger around it and his mom was noble and important somehow.

I'm actually fairly optimistic here.  They won't introduce Dawn, but the fight looks pretty amazing, and if it's acted correctly it could have dramatic mean as well.

Let's be honest: the listing for an actor to play Dayne specifically mentioned that he was one of the best swordsmen in the world, so they were looking for someone who could be bad ass for the few minutes of screen time they'll get.  I think the Sand Snakes casting blurb probably just mentioned "must look cute in a bikini top" and that's about it.  

It won't be exactly like the books but it should still be a good bit of fun if you're not one of those people who get all bent out of shape every time D&D cast a brown eyed actor to play a blue eyed character..

I only read books 1-5. I assume that the TOJ scene happened in a unreleased chapter from book 6.

To me, one of the important thing is the fighting scenes. It definitely feels as if the battle will be nice. It looks like it's a 7 vs 3. Will be quite interesting!

I would like if they can make blend a bit of what we read in book 1. we don't have to know she was pregnant or had a child named whom Eddark took. Maybe a bit more mysterious to allow some viewers time to piece it together.

ive spoke with many friends and co workers, none of them even know anything about who his mother could be. 

2 hours ago, Marada78 said:

I have found this fanfilm on ToJ. Quite a good one

Most likely more true to the book material than the original that is released soon :( 

Nothing cringeworthy to the fact they used dialogue form the dream in the book. 

13 hours ago, plectrum said:

I'm actually fairly optimistic here.  They won't introduce Dawn, but the fight looks pretty amazing, and if it's acted correctly it could have dramatic mean as well.

Let's be honest: the listing for an actor to play Dayne specifically mentioned that he was one of the best swordsmen in the world, so they were looking for someone who could be bad ass for the few minutes of screen time they'll get.  I think the Sand Snakes casting blurb probably just mentioned "must look cute in a bikini top" and that's about it.  

It won't be exactly like the books but it should still be a good bit of fun if you're not one of those people who get all bent out of shape every time D&D cast a brown eyed actor to play a blue eyed character..

Doesnt matter if it wont be 100% like in the books, as i said many fans who some peopel think we nitpick mostly nitpick when we see changes that are for the sole purpose of changing or being lazy. 

There is no reason to not please fans when it costs barely anything to make it faithful to the book. 

15 hours ago, Anthony Pirtle said:

I actually don't think we will get all of this in this episode. I think he vision will be split, with the fight this episode and Bloodraven pulling Bran out before Ned goes into the tower, maybe to the sound of Lyanna screaming for Ned.

15 hours ago, xjlxking said:

I only read books 1-5. I assume that the TOJ scene happened in a unreleased chapter from book 6.

The tower of joy [all lower case] scene only happens in what GRRM emphasised was a dream "and a fever dream at that" in the first book AGoT. Even then its pretty well limited to the dialogue preceding the fight, although we learn afterwards that of the two who rode away, Howland Reed the Crannogman, saved Eddard's life just as Ser Arthur was about to end it.

8 minutes ago, Black Crow said:

The tower of joy [all lower case] scene only happens in what GRRM emphasised was a dream "and a fever dream at that" in the first book AGoT. Even then its pretty well limited to the dialogue preceding the fight, although we learn afterwards that of the two who rode away, Howland Reed the Crannogman, saved Eddard's life just as Ser Arthur was about to end it.

It's been a while so di don't remember the exact words but I don't remember Eddark saying, "now it ends".

i remember him saying that if it was not for Holland Reed, Arthur would end him. 

I've been going back and forth on this. I've always pictured Ned's "now it ends" as being somber and regretful, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that Ned was still a young man at this point, not the wise middle aged man who has seen everything. He fought a war and saw some terrible things, and was forced to grow up quickly after what happened with his father, brother, and marriage to Catelyn. But if he knows his sister is in that tower, he's probably eager to get up there and save her. Maybe he was sad about what he knew he needed to do, but at the same time he had to be riding a serious adrenaline rush at this point. 

As for the "Hollywoodistic version" of Dayne wielding two swords, that's probably the easiest way for the TV watchers to understand how good of a swordsman he was. Those people who haven't been hearing about his legendary status for many books will have to make the judgments quickly. A 7 vs 3 battle is going to look like a sure thing to the watchers, but the second Dayne pulls out two great swords and lops off a couple of heads in the first few seconds, the outcome won't seem so definite. 

36 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

It's been a while so di don't remember the exact words but I don't remember Eddark saying, "now it ends".

i remember him saying that if it was not for Holland Reed, Arthur would end him. 

Nah, definitely Eddard. Its in the final exchange: "And now it begins..." to which Ned replies no, "Now it ends..." 

On 07/05/2016 at 3:41 PM, Anthony Pirtle said:

What would be the point of the scene then? Just to show some random battle from characters the viewers never seen or care about?

1 hour ago, Nami said:

What would be the point of the scene then? Just to show some random battle from characters the viewers never seen or care about?

Remember though the stuff with Bran and Meera at the end of 02 and Leaf telling her that she and Bran must go out into the world. The vision in that episode also revolved in large part around Hodor, who will go too. This is why I think there's a good chance the vision of the fight at the tower may largely revolve around Meera's father saving Bran's father.

On 5/4/2016 at 8:14 AM, SevasTra82 said:

The thing with the Arya storyline is that it's so disconnected from the main story line that I fail to see how the Faceless Men tie back into things.  Not only that, if she just flees them and goes back to Westeros...it would make the entire FM story line seem pointless.  I like Arya the character, but I'm not a huge fan of her plot arc (in both the show and the books).  There *has* to be a connection somewhere, I'm just failing to see it, I guess.  I'll be very, very disappointed in the FM don't play any sort of role in the end-game of ASOIAF.

I don't view anything in the show as being canon anymore to be honest.  My only worry about the TOJ scene will be how Arthur Dayne is killed.  One of the surrounding mysteries to me is just how *did* Howland Reed kill Arthur Dayne and save Ned Stark.  In the grand scheme of things, I guess it doesn't really matter, but it's always been one of those questions I've had.  I really hope the show does it justice and doesn't do anything stupid.  It would be nice to see Dawn as well, but a part of me doesn't think Dawn will make an appearance, sadly.  (I think the double-sworded guy is actually Gerold Hightower, not Dayne).

With the FM plot, I think we got a hint of it this episode with the Waif asking Arya who is on her list. After Arya names them, the FM will now assassinate them.

On 5/8/2016 at 0:13 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I actually don't think we will get all of this in this episode. I think he vision will be split, with the fight this episode and Bloodraven pulling Bran out before Ned goes into the tower, maybe to the sound of Lyanna screaming for Ned.

We have a prophet.

Archived