Possible marriage

Sekara

Jon Snow and Ned said Arya is pretty...

She had never cared if she was pretty, even when she was stupid Arya Stark. Only her father had ever called her that. Him and Jon Snow, sometimes. Her mother used to say she could be pretty if she would just wash and brush her hair and take more care with her dress, the way her sister did.

Arya is growing into her beauty.

And they hinted with Gendry:

"That scene where I'm forging the sword, I'm saying that it's gratuitous, but the idea they wanted to convey was that . . . it was more for Arya than anything to do with my character. It was them trying to imply that Arya's becoming a woman now and she's dealing with feelings that she's maybe not experienced before."

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-q-a-joe-dempsie-on-gendrys-long-strange-trip-20130606

2 hours ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

A comparison between Sansa and Arya beauties :
"Arya Underfoot, he almost said. Arya Horseface. Robb's younger sister, brown-haired, long-faced, skinny as a stick. Always dirty." Theon Greyjoy

"You have your mother's eyes. Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes." Petyr Baelish to Sansa

They said Arya is as beautiful as Lyanna, they said <_< the closest one to compare with Arya is Brienne of Tarth, some people here need to understand that including a romance in a psychopath's story is contradictory

Yes you'r'e right, Arya is obviously to ugly to be romantically linked to anyone. That's how this story works:rolleyes:

I feel like they need to make time for a Sansa romance. Really, she has been pushed  into bad  engagement, after  bad engagement, and bad marriages. I know it doesn't matter what I feel because the story is the story, but why are only male Starks allowed to have loving relationships? 

4 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Jon Snow and Ned said Arya is pretty...

Arya is growing into her beauty.

And they hinted with Gendry:

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/game-of-thrones-q-a-joe-dempsie-on-gendrys-long-strange-trip-20130606

Let's not forget that Margaery at the same age, was all skinny and nobbly knees and elbows and called Pigface by her more beautiful family member. We know how she grew up to be and her station as Queen over her childhood tormentors.

The Kindly Man wants to give Arya a face as pretty as her own so she can work along side Braavosi courtesans and learn from them. 

5 hours ago, Evarei said:

There will be no Jon x Sansa, Jon x Arya, Sansa x Sandor, Sansa x Tyrion, Arya x Gendry in the TV series. There's a small chance for Jon x Daenerys and Sansa x Petyr and that's being bold in speculation. Six seasons in and we've had a couple romance subplots, they're not going to start pairing characters up with only 13 episodes left to wrap up all the storylines and resolve the endgame. They can afford time for a political marriage.

We had more than a cpuple actually: Dany and Drogo, Dany and Daario, Robb and Talissa, Tyrion and Shae, Ned and Cat, etc.

There is still time for something more, although it won't be the most important thing in the show.

Just now, Meera of Tarth said:

We had more than a couple actually: Dany and Drogo, Dany and Daario, Robb and Talissa, Tyrion and Shae, Ned and Cat, etc.

There is still time for something more, although it won't be the most important thing in the show.

I doubt every single character is gonna end the series with a love interest, most of them are way too damaged to show that kind of affection for anybody anytime soon. I think everybody will be too busy dealing with certain Ice people to be like "oh hey I should get married" lol 

7 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

I doubt every single character is gonna end the series with a love interest, most of them are way too damaged to show that kind of affection for anybody anytime soon. I think everybody will be too busy dealing with certain Ice people to be like "oh hey I should get married" lol 

I didn't mean every single character, but considering the great amount of characters that are still alive, something is gonna happen (and that doesn't necessarily mean a good ending for everyone).

Ice will be the main focus, that's for sure.

2 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Let's not forget that Margaery at the same age, was all skinny and nobbly knees and elbows and called Pigface by her more beautiful family member. We know how she grew up to be and her station as Queen over her childhood tormentors.

The Kindly Man wants to give Arya a face as pretty as her own so she can work along side Braavosi courtesans and learn from them. 

Sure, the kindly man as a monster will see anything ugly as beautiful, she was called "horseface" two times so yes she's ugly and she spent half a book disguised as a boy and no one ever doubt her, in the story, no character can have everything, every character is incomplete, but it doesn't matter, she's a mary sue, she lived dirty as a dog and she wil die alone as a dog

9 hours ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

A comparison between Sansa and Arya beauties :
"Arya Underfoot, he almost said. Arya Horseface. Robb's younger sister, brown-haired, long-faced, skinny as a stick. Always dirty." Theon Greyjoy

"You have your mother's eyes. Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes." Petyr Baelish to Sansa

They said Arya is as beautiful as Lyanna, they said <_< the closest one to compare with Arya is Brienne of Tarth, some people here need to understand that including a romance in a psychopath's story is contradictory

Arya is like 11. She was nicknamed Horseface at the age of around 9. What you look like at that age isn't necessarily an indicator of how you will look grown up. Plus, many girls at that age can pass for a boy if you cut their hair and dress them in boyish clothes.

And then there's the phenomenons of the 'unreliable narrator' and the 'eye of the beholder' to consider.

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

Yep. Arianne was also considered ugly when she was young.

43 minutes ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

Sure, the kindly man as a monster will see anything ugly as beautiful, she was called "horseface" two times so yes she's ugly and she spent half a book disguised as a boy and no one ever doubt her, in the story, no character can have everything, every character is incomplete.......

-Horseface is a nickname used to make her feel insecure, but I'm sure it's an exaggeration from a kid's perspective

-Even so, that doesn't mean she is ugly. In fact, many people see her as beautiful. In Braavos, for instance.

-Being a "monster" (if that is the case)  doesn't mean not having the ability to distinguish what it's ugly from what it's beautiful. In fact, being the Kindly Man a grown up and relying on looks for his job, we can assume he can do it quite well.

3 hours ago, DutchArya said:

That's true, and he also said she was pretty. She's a pretty girl, and will be a beautiful woman. Just like Lyanna, that's what the story is telling us.

20 hours ago, TheLastLibrarian said:

Sure, the kindly man as a monster will see anything ugly as beautiful, she was called "horseface" two times so yes she's ugly and she spent half a book disguised as a boy and no one ever doubt her, in the story, no character can have everything, every character is incomplete, but it doesn't matter, she's a mary sue, she lived dirty as a dog and she wil die alone as a dog

You're being sarcastic, right?  Because I don't see how this post can be anything but sarcastic. 

BTW, she was called pretty twice in ASOS alone using "pretty," let alone any other term that could mean the same thing.

37 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

You're being sarcastic, right?  Because I don't see how this post can be anything but sarcastic. 

BTW, she was called pretty twice in ASOS alone using "pretty," let alone any other term that could mean the same thing.

That poster consistently makes it clear they despise Arya - referring to her as a dog in at least 3 threads I've seen. So yes they are serious but not worth minding. 

35 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Look at his posting history.  His opinion of course, but I don't think there's any point in arguing.

• 3 weeks later...

During this season I saw a lot of chemistry between Jon and Sansa, and I don't think this was by accident, or the actors had a lot of chemistry... I don't buy that the directors didn't correct them while they were shooting, we are talking about the most popular show and they take notice of every detail....  Their scenes reminded me a lot of Robb&Talisa. The directors focused a lot on how the one is reacting towards the other: long looks, how he reacts when she is talking, how he looks at her when she is not looking at him, focusing at his reaction when she's reading the raping part of Ramsey's letter  or when Ramsey says that he looks forward to having her back in his bed, how he loses his words when complimenting her new dress, how she feels relief when she saw him alive over the pile of bodies and the worry in her face when she realises he is going after Ramsey, him kissing her and staring at her lips....

I know most of you don't even want to think about it.... but I think something is being builting up so carefully. There are lots of details that indicate they both start to have deeper feelings for each other that they have not even begin to realise them or admit to themselves.

As for Jon/Dany, I used to ship Jon/Dany. I saw the  parallers to their story and I can't wait for them to meet. They both are very beautiful and I think there will be a lot of chemistry between them. It would be really odd not have them attracted. After all they are the couple who is most likely to get married. A good match also  for political reasons,  he has the North and she has the South (Tyrell&Martels)

But I don't think this will turn out as many fans want this (love at first sight, great passion, maybe live happily ever after....)  at least not for both of them. I think Dany will fall in love for him (in the prophesy in the house of the undying "A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness…. mother of dragons, bride of fire…")  but I don't think she will be loved back by him, (for me his love will be Sansa) . I believe they will get married since she is being told bride of fire.  

It would make a good story in my opinion as well , having LF claiming Sansa's love (and all the Stark's privileges that goes with her... ) and  Dany claiming Jon's love (Dany is not used to fail conquering what or who she wants so that would wake the dragon....)  while the fight for the iron throne is heading towards its end...

I have not read the books, so I can't understand why people are so fond of SanSan or Jon/Arya. I have only watched the show.... 

1 hour ago, Lina815 said:

During this season I saw a lot of chemistry between Jon and Sansa, and I don't think this was by accident, or the actors had a lot of chemistry... I don't buy that the directors didn't correct them while they were shooting, we are talking about the most popular show and they take notice of every detail....  Their scenes reminded me a lot of Robb&Talisa. The directors focused a lot on how the one is reacting towards the other: long looks, how he reacts when she is talking, how he looks at her when she is not looking at him, focusing at his reaction when she's reading the raping part of Ramsey's letter  or when Ramsey says that he looks forward to having her back in his bed, how he loses his words when complimenting her new dress, how she feels relief when she saw him alive over the pile of bodies and the worry in her face when she realises he is going after Ramsey, him kissing her and staring at her lips....

I know most of you don't even want to think about it.... but I think something is being builting up so carefully. There are lots of details that indicate they both start to have deeper feelings for each other that they have not even begin to realise them or admit to themselves.

As for Jon/Dany, I used to ship Jon/Dany. I saw the  parallers to their story and I can't wait for them to meet. They both are very beautiful and I think there will be a lot of chemistry between them. It would be really odd not have them attracted. After all they are the couple who is most likely to get married. A good match also  for political reasons,  he has the North and she has the South (Tyrell&Martels)

But I don't think this will turn out as many fans want this (love at first sight, great passion, maybe live happily ever after....)  at least not for both of them. I think Dany will fall in love for him (in the prophesy in the house of the undying "A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness…. mother of dragons, bride of fire…")  but I don't think she will be loved back by him, (for me his love will be Sansa) . I believe they will get married since she is being told bride of fire.  

It would make a good story in my opinion as well , having LF claiming Sansa's love (and all the Stark's privileges that goes with her... ) and  Dany claiming Jon's love (Dany is not used to fail conquering what or who she wants so that would wake the dragon....)  while the fight for the iron throne is heading towards its end...

I have not read the books, so I can't understand why people are so fond of SanSan or Jon/Arya. I have only watched the show.... 

Yes. I  am about  90% certain that Jon/Sansa is being set up in some shape/form. As I have said in earlier posts, the camera shots are not mistakes/actor chemistry. I think that Jon and Dany marrying, but with Jon an unwilling partner also leads to the treason for/to love. 

7 hours ago, Lina815 said:

Because there's tons of connections and of foreshadowing for it, whether it's going to happen or not. Much more so than Jon/Sansa, which is almost non-existence in the books. So it's not that book readers are more "fond" of it, it is just much more evidence for it in the books. And no, Jon and Sansa's parrallels in the books isn't something unique that only applies to them. There's deeper connections and parallells between Jon and Arya, Jon and Dany, Bran and Arya, Jon and Jaime, than between Jon and Sansa.

I have no idea about people rooting for Jon and Arya as romance but I think there is a rather small part of book readers who sees a romantic relationship between Sandor and Sansa as possible  outcome at the end of he books. And very few readers would perceive this as happy ending. A quite  special group of fandom deals with "evidence" here and  is determined to find it everywhere.

The people who are rooting for Jon and Arya as romance can be counted using only fingers, they are superposing the very old original outline (specifically the arya/jon/tyrion love triangle) on the actual story missing the point that the 2 stories are totally different in every aspect and also they failed to see that in the books the relationship is purely brother/sister.

For the Sansan, I don't know how it can be a romance, Sandor almost killed Sansa in the Battle of the Blackwater

I think that GRRM was going for the love triangle (arya/jon/tyrion) but he found that finishing the story with an incest between Jon and Arya is very damaging for the tale and the readers will be disgusted with it so he transferred the incest to Cersei and Jaime and created Ygritte, I'm fairly sure that in show we will not see Jon romantically involved with Arya, Sansa or Daenerys neither Sandor/Sansa

Archived