Jon Snow can leave the Night's Watch...

Snowman3131

On 5/7/2016 at 7:56 PM, CrypticWeirwood said:

Confirmed where, exactly?

He wrote it on a parchment at the discretion of his mother.  It happened both in the show and in the books, I can't remember exactly when as it has been some time, however he made Jon his heir before his death.  I'm not sure were the parchment is at this point there has been no mention of it since.  It may very well be destroyed unless someone else has it.

He wrote it on a parchment against the will of his mother.  It happened both in the show and in the books, I can't remember exactly when, as it has been some time, however he made Jon his heir before his death.  I'm not sure were the parchment is at this point as there has been no mention of it since.  It may very well be destroyed unless someone else has it.

He wrote it on a parchment at the against the will of his mother.  It happened both in the show and in the books, I can't remember exactly when as it has been some time, however he made Jon his heir before his death.  I'm not sure were the parchment is at this point there has been no mention of it since.  It may very well be destroyed unless someone else has it.

20 hours ago, hallam said:

Yeah, as soon as I saw those lines I thought someone is going to join the NW, die and come back. 

But it also says 'for this night and all the nights to come'. So its a bit ambiguous.

Also, a thought struck me. Danny is infertile, could it be that Jon is when he comes back? While Jon is the hero of the series, I suspect that the actual ruling thing will end up being left to Tyrion.

Danny cannot bear a living man’s child to term.

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Danny cannot bear a living man’s child to term.

Where do you see that?

I took another look at the Mirri Maz Duur prophecy. It was about the return of Drogo. It heavily implies Danny can't have another child but that isn't exactly said:

When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves. When your womb quickens again, and you bear a living child. Then he will return, and not before.

It heavily implies, but doesn't actually say.

On 5/7/2016 at 0:43 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Outside his immediate social circle, who are already suspect in the eyes of most? No.

Arya, Gendry, and Sandor seemed to buy into it without hesitation. There are a number of credible witnesses to his death as well as the nasty stab wounds Jon could show, and there would be a pretty strong case to believe that he had been resurrected.

43 minutes ago, Ser Hyle said:

Arya, Gendry, and Sandor seemed to buy into it without hesitation. There are a number of credible witnesses to his death as well as the nasty stab wounds Jon could show, and there would be a pretty strong case to believe that he had been resurrected.

They saw it. Of course they bought into it. But who's going to believe them? Arya's a child known for her eccentric behavior, Gendry's just a bastard who joined a band of criminals and the Hound is a criminal himself. Same thing with Jon. A bunch of criminal conscripts and wildlings at the edge of the world aren't exactly a credible source of information. Snarks and grumpkins anyone?

Archived