What will happen with the mutineers?

Ser Dong

I figured it would be a forgone conclusion that all the participants who knifed there Lord Commander would be executed. Now I'm not so sure?

Ser Alliser for sure, but I don't see Jon killing Olley. I bumped into a friend today who said he read a new (post episode two) interview with Owen Teale where he implied there could be a truce?! I for one can't get on board with that theory, or really even take it at face value. The mutineers must be dealt with swiftly! Thorne gave him a window just like Slynt and Thorne should meet that same fate.

Thoughts?

Sorry if this was discussed. I haven't seen it and it's one of my biggest questions for Sunday 

I suppose that Thorne and the other guys who did the stabbing will be executed. I suppose that the rest of them will be more or less pardoned because they didn't directly participate in the mutiny. They supported Thorne against Davos and co., but the question is whether they were really loyal to Thorne and whether they believed and truly supported what he did, or whether they supported him just to survive without agreeing with it. I don't know. If Jon was to execute everybody but Edd and the other like 3 guys, than he can probably dissolve the whole Night's Watch because even he can't stand against the White Walkers alone, unless he would expect the wildling to become the new Night's Watch...

I could possibly see a truce, if Jon is that pragmatic he may realize that Thorne has some value left for the fight ahead, but the more vengeful side of myself wants to see his head roll. Olly, on the other hand, he'll probably forgive since he's a kid and doesn't understand certain things.

Yeah, Olly I just can't see and it wouldn't be feasible to harm the NW brothers that weren't involved. But if he doesn't execute Thorn (at the very least.) Does the fact that he's back alleviate the their crimes? I don't think so. They do (obviously) need every member of the NW they can get to guard Castle Back. The wildling's  I presume will follow Jon South if and when the time comes.

What I am hoping for is Jon listening to them plead and state their case. He looks at Olly, and Olly tries to give some bs excuse.

Jon says "Olly, I told you my plan, and how it was necessary to get them south of the Wall"

Olly: But they killed my parents and everyone at my village.

Jon: And you killed me!! Edd, fetch me block.

It would be a great time for D&D to make up for not using that line for the Slynt execution.

Jon is no longer part of the Night's watch and his intention will be to reclaim the north. I think he will be relatively forgiving given his character but I also think he will divorce himself from the process a bit.

Just my guess. 

If they are going to build up jon having a followers. People looking at him like he is a legendary  figure "they think your are a god!!" then i could see a born again "forgive me!!!" moment now where those that betrayed him become his most devout followers. 

Remember that Beric said that every time he came back he was a "little less". I expect the same with Jon being less merciful and forgiving. So because of that, I would not be surprised if he executes everyone directly involved in his assassination, including Olly. 

I also believe that by now Jon knows that the wildling and the NW are not nearly enough to stop the WW. He'll probably turn his attention south to attempt to rally the North, using the wildings to defeat the boltons to gain control of the North.

So honestly, given all that, Jon will probably nuke the NW.

But if Jon is going to execute the mutineers, who's going to run the NW? It can't be Jon cause he's free from his oath and have to deal with the Boltons. All of wildings are also busy with the Boltons. Interesting wirh someone who's going to be the 1000th Lord Commander,

Furthermore, someone has to deal with the White Walkers.

1 hour ago, Petyr Targaryen said:

Remember that Beric said that every time he came back he was a "little less". I expect the same with Jon being less merciful and forgiving. So because of that, I would not be surprised if he executes everyone directly involved in his assassination, including Olly. 

I also believe that by now Jon knows that the wildling and the NW are not nearly enough to stop the WW. He'll probably turn his attention south to attempt to rally the North, using the wildings to defeat the boltons to gain control of the North.

So honestly, given all that, Jon will probably nuke the NW.

He can't nuke the NW. Roose Bolten said that an attack on the NW would alienate most of the Northern Lords & Jon would know this.

18 minutes ago, The Arthur Smith said:

But if Jon is going to execute the mutineers, who's going to run the NW? It can't be Jon cause he's free from his oath and have to deal with the Boltons. All of wildings are also busy with the Boltons. Interesting wirh someone who's going to be the 1000th Lord Commander,

Furthermore, someone has to deal with the White Walkers.

I mean there was only, what 6 of them?  Kill the 6 that actually stabbed him and then have Ed run the NW.  Simple!

Melisandre will demand a sacrifice for good snow, so burn Aliser burn.

I think the others will be pardoned and allowed to (re-)take the black. Night's Watch is down to 50 men - they just can't spare any.

Olly will be pardoned and will do something terrific - e.g. save Jon in one of the battles to come.

I think Thorne is probably a goner for sure, maybe Edd will fetch the block for him. My greatest wish is that Jon feeds Ollie to Ghost, but that's probably not gonna happen.

Hopefully, he gets to say "Edd, fetch me a block." 

He beheaded Slynt for disobeying his orders and executed the men who killed Mormont ("all we can do now is give him justice"). If he pardons them, then not only is he coming across as weak, but he is essentially agreeing with Thorne's speech about it being justified to kill your Lord Commander if you disagree with him. 

I will be seriously disappointed if Jon forgives them. Where is the man that was supposed to be born? The boy was the man who took Olly in after he killed Ygritte, reborn Jon will not make the same mistake. Justice must be served. 

Also, from the trailer and released season 6 pictures, it looks like Davos and Melisandre are standing in front of smoke, while looking gloomy at Castle Black. My guess is, this is the mutineers bodies being burnt after Jon has dealt with them. 

He can leave 6 Wildlings behind at the Wall if he is that desperate for men. Besides, he probably plans to unite the North under the Stark banner, so he can get them on board with the real war and bring more men to the Wall. 

I say Edd as LC as well. Besides that seems more plausible on tv (from D&D in particular) than in the pages. Darkhorse may be on to something with that tie in regarding the possibility of the mutineers being burnt.

I would love to see Wun wun just chunk Olly over the wall, or better yet, digesting him hole and pooping him out while he's still alive. I'm curious as hell now!

They'll be sent North of the Wall. That would be good. I feel sorry Olly though. He didn't do anything that people wanted Davos to do to Mel after Shireen's death. Tormund should at least apologise for killing his parents for no reason before Olly gets executed.

Archived