Michelle Fairley interview

katb93

We're still trying to verify if this article is real over on the 'why was LSH cut out' thread.

Seems to be the same link that I posted; where did you get it from, the guy over on WIC?

Need to find the publication it's purportedly from in case it's one of the countless doctored LSH hoaxes again ....

It could be from an article in a Playbill (or whatever the Brit's version of that is) which would not necessarily appear online.  This could be a scan of an article.

I do find it unusual that an article would outright mention 'Lady Stoneheart', however--and if the person who posted this image isn't responding to questions then it's a good chance that it is an hoax, despite being quite tantalizing.

In terms of verification (and unless someone here can go the extra mile I can't to get it) it's an incredibly frustrating one this. Over in the Why was LSH cut out? thread, I did my best to trace the source from where I found it (the very helpful Arthur Dayne on WIC) which was WOTW and a fairly unassuming poster called Ida in a thread about the making of John Snow's Resurrection (May 4th, or thereabouts)

The piece is supposedly from a Belfast drama special, NI-only supplement or playbill type publication that isn't actually online, hence not being able to track it here.

But she seemed perfectly willing to put up more info/picture grabs from it as well as acknowledging it didn't prove anything categorical so I had (and have) no reason to think she was a hoaxer, tbh (who typically come in all guns blazing with their fake synopses, actor/Twit-feed sightings and "GET HYPE!" bullshit.)

By the time I got around to personally asking her for more info /publication verification and she didn't repsond, I put that more down to her already having left the thread and no-one having asked her for it up until that point, than her being caught out when I asked her. I was late to the party, the thread had run its course, and I genuinely don't think she saw it.

Bottom line: I can spot a liar fairly easily, but this one seemed legit, imo. Even IF the sheer extent of others colluding to deceive the fanbase about this particular character's inclusion in the series for the past three years means we've basically no choice but keeping a guard up. If this one turns out to be true but nobody believes it, then call it a classic cry wolf scenario, I guess (no Stark pun intended. :rolleyes:)

Now if we could only trace the original publication to compare screen-caps, just in case of any 'splicing' ....

Seems to me too much bait for a topic that was already filed in the wishful thinking file.

Extending the show to 8 seasons might make adding the story arc back tempting.

I don't see how they can work it back in based on the swiss cheese they made of the book plot in order to cut it out in the first place.   I would have to assume that D+D will have had some better common sense by now as to avoid the critique that would follow in any cheesy device developed to crowbar it back in there.

Would D+D drink the George Lucas kool aid and say they planned to bring back the character later all along without having left any clues like showing Cat's body thrown in river or washing on shore or just plan more dream sequence or flashback that would be reminiscent of Monty Python "not dead" bit.

You're right, they don't show it (and probably should have), but In S4E1, Sansa does mention to Tyrion the Freys throwing her mother's body in the river. 

Always seems odd to me they kept that little detail. So in show-verse as in book, the body was never burnt or destroyed.

And since this is the season of flashbacks, it would be easier than in any other season to seamlessly work in as yet unseen backstory, so who knows?

If the Nymeria warg for Arya is not to be, there's still an obvious means to show it:

Bloodraven's final and hardest flashback for Bran this season the rest have all been building up to could take place on the banks of the Green Fork river as some pissed up, laughing Freys throw her in the drink.

53 minutes ago, Damorian said:

You're right, they don't show it (and probably should have), but In S4E1, Sansa does mention to Tyrion the Freys throwing her mother's body in the river. 

Always seems odd to me they kept that little detail. So in show-verse as in book, the body was never burnt or destroyed.

Retaining that particular detail did seem especially gratuitous if it wasn’t setting up some payback later on down the road.  It’s just been a long, long time.  

11 hours ago, Damorian said:

And since this is the season of flashbacks, it would be easier than in any other season to seamlessly work in as yet unseen backstory, so who knows?

If the Nymeria warg for Arya is not to be, there's still an obvious means to show it:

Bloodraven's final and hardest flashback for Bran this season the rest have all been building up to could take place on the banks of the Green Fork river as some pissed up, laughing Freys throw her in the drink.

Bloodraven showing Bran would be a fascinating way to do it, but they'd need a compelling reason for it. As in Stoneheart being a major player in the final act, and it's something Bran needs to see.

12 hours ago, Ser Matt Dayne said:

Bloodraven showing Bran would be a fascinating way to do it, but they'd need a compelling reason for it. As in Stoneheart being a major player in the final act, and it's something Bran needs to see.

It might be the only way but can quickly be overused and become campy.  I think it would be messed up for Bran to see his mother like that.   Recall in the book that Cat moving toward evil due to obsession on revenge in contrast to Jaime's redemption arc.   We discussed in other threads which of Cats children will end up putting her down.   Jon has irony on his side since the act would be of compassion with Cat not liking him and all ....but I always thought it might fall on Bran

Archived