Rickon vs Ramsey

11 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

What's the endgame? The final 10 chapters. 

Cersei's not going to play a role in the endgame. Why not kill her off now? 

Cersei has a larger part in the end game than Rickon does apparently. That is why she is still alive. Perhaps Cersei will die after Cleganebowl when her valonqar gets to her. Tommen would need to die first though, and then her part is over. Rickon isn't doing anything in the show or books up until now. As lame as the plot seems, his only role now is to die to give the season its emotional/shocking death to rouse the audience up for BotB.

I've always viewed the Umbers as the most loyal Stark bannerman both in the show and books. The Great Jon questioned Robb because he basically brought his mother to his war council. Which ironically ended up being Robb's downfall because Cat released Jamie and screwed everything up. Greatjon was ready to kill the whole south to avenge Ned. Now his son betrays the Starks...  Garbage. The young lord thrust into power is clearly Cerwyn. Ramsey already said he "flayed him living" when speaking about the then Lord Cerwyn. That's my favorite Ramsey line by the way. So they'll definitely be anti-bolton. The Manderlys will be the stirring speech lord. The leaked spoilers of the battle of the bastards seems true. And thus Rickon is toast. Such a shame. D&D are clearly trimming down the cast for the grand finale. The less actors to pay, the more money for cgi white walkers and dragons. We'll lose nearly all of the side characters this season. So Osha, Rickon, Pycelle, Kevan, Robert Strong, Jorah, Ramsey, Karstark, Umber, Pod, Lancel, Loras, Queen of Thorns and maybe Bronn too.  Question is will they conclude the Cersei trial with a full season still to go???  If so, say goodbye to Tommen, Cersei, and Jamie as well. But they may push Cersei and Jamie till next season. Yet something is telling me Jamie doesn't leave the Riverlands alive nor does Cersei win her trial. I think they both check out in episode 10. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

C'mon on, man. You're in serious denial and you're not the only one.

This is starting to get sad, guys.

Why even give Ramsay to Rickon if they're planning on betraying him? They could've used a fake boy that looks like him.

This is the same exact lameass writing that D & D always pull. People are always trying to make the show seem more intelligent than it actually is, but it's not.

You're one of the few seeing it lol...there's a LOT of people in denail right now.

25 minutes ago, White Harbors Wrath said:

You're one of the few seeing it lol...there's a LOT of people in denail right now.

You know what im just gonna put my money where my mouth is.

How about a 1-month sig-bet? I say its a plot, you say it is actual betrayal.

1 hour ago, SerTwenty of House Goodmen said:

I have  bad feeling about a well known pink letter made of Rickon's genitals skin

In case we forget for five minutes that Ramsay is a psycho...

I wonder how he is going to send this letter to Jon, now that the latter hmpf-ed at NW. Or maybe he will hang around the wildlings, comparing cocks with Tormund.

Just because he is done with the watch doesn't mean he's going to wander the earth like Kane. I'm sure he's got to figure out what his next move is...he didn't hand Edd the cloak and start hitching south.

I'm sure Jon will get the letter (Ramsay still assuming Jon is LC and at the Wall), then Jon and the newly arriving Sansa will start gathering support of loyalist houses to join with the already in place wildling force for Bastard Bowl.

3 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Why even give Ramsay to Rickon if they're planning on betraying him? They could've used a fake boy that looks like him.

This is the same exact lameass writing that D & D always pull. People are always trying to make the show seem more intelligent than it actually is, but it's not.

This!!!

come on, we are done giving D&D credit! 

D&D is just trying to make the Starks more miserable so that people would continue to root for the underdogs while cursing the new villain and their new pet, Ramsay. 

Why bother giving a real Rickon when they already gave a fake Shaggydog. Make no sense. 

So they both are real. Within 2 episodes, Osha will be toture to death for shock n blood n gore value while Rickon will be force to watch. 

Mark my words .

The only thing I did not like for this episode was this. Many people saw it coming miles away.
And the fact that they had to bring back Rickon just to remind us what an asshole Ramsay is, is kinda of a lame plot device.
Don't kill yet another Stark just for the shock value, that won't freaking work anymore.

Also, RIP Shaggydog. With him gone, Rickon will sure follow.

IMHO, thou might be all wrong! :-)

the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

(of course I might be totally wrong!)

14 minutes ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

IMHO, you're all wrong!

the Umbers will turn on Ramsey, they have a plan! they gave him osha and rickon as a sign of good faith, but they wont allow him to kill them.

proofs?

1. the umber guy refused to swear fielity to the boltons, and you know how important these details/hints are in GOT (a solemn vow is a solemn vow, you know, old gods and so on...) 

2. the head of the direwolf was too small to be one of a direwolf, it was a common wolf's head

I am hoping you're right but the size of the heads of the wolves shouldnt be taken into account. 

Watch the Greywind scene again when he's in the holding pen and then the one when he's tied to Robb's dead body. That head on Robb is the exact same head as the dead direwolf from the very first episode where they found all the pups.

14 minutes ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

IMHO, you're all wrong!

proofs?

I am hoping you're right but the size of the heads of the wolves shouldnt be taken into account. 

Watch the Greywind scene again when he's in the holding pen and then the one when he's tied to Robb's dead body. That head on Robb is the exact same head as the dead direwolf from the very first episode where they found all the pups.

7 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I sadly have to agree with you. I still hope they'll find a way out of this, it doesn't make much sense for Rickon to die this way.

7 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

I sadly have to agree with you. I still hope they'll find a way out of this, it doesn't make much sense for Rickon to die this way.

I just have this feeling that the Umbers, Osha, and Rickon have a plan. I don't know what the plan is or how good it is because I can't think of a plan where I would want to give Rickon to Ramsay. There was just something about the scene that made me think there is a double-cross coming. And I don't think that was Shaggydog's head. Maybe this is more heart logic than head logic for me, but I just think there's more here than this just giving up Rickon to die.

6 hours ago, SerTwenty of House Goodmen said:

I have  bad feeling about a well known pink letter made of Rickon's genitals skin

Don't know about that but I'm pretty positive that Rickon is going to be in a cage with a warm cloak from the skin of the whore who came with him to Winterfell.

4 hours ago, Aerys Blackfyre said:

IMHO, thou might be all wrong! :-)

proofs?

2 hours ago, Maxxine said:

I just have this feeling that the Umbers, Osha, and Rickon have a plan. I don't know what the plan is or how good it is because I can't think of a plan where I would want to give Rickon to Ramsay. There was just something about the scene that made me think there is a double-cross coming. And I don't think that was Shaggydog's head. Maybe this is more heart logic than head logic for me, but I just think there's more here than this just giving up Rickon to die.

I just think its wishful thinking from your side, sort of like many of us had with Sansa "manipulating" Ramsey or going Stoneheart mode on Boltons instead of following the obvious Jayne's plot in the books, and we all know how it ended. 

This has the same feel. Umbers are bad guys here, there is not GNC here. There might be a 3rd guy a "Manderly" that will do about turn but not SmallJon Umber, you don't get back from betraying your lord to his sworn enemy known for volatile mood swings and love of torture.

At this point, Bran is missing, so Rickon Stark is heir apparent to the North, no ifs no buts, no girls or bastards. Whatever plan you have, you DON'T GIVE AWAY the most valuable character in your plot in order to get Ramsey to trust you and to avoid swearing fealty oaths. 

If SmallJon really wanted to play Ramsey, he would have knelt and sworn the oaths, after that great speech, Ramsey would have been satisfied. 

Consider, knowing Ramsey well-deserved famous reputation in the North, what are the chances that Umber can save Rickon BEFORE Ramsey plays his games or kills him on a whim? A character, unless he is so obnoxious and misguided as LF, doesn't take such stupid risk. Not twice.

Now, I am pretty sure that Rickon doesn't survive TWOW, probably different way but here D&D had to reinforce Ramsey depravity and evilness before dispatching him.

13 hours ago, Lord_Ravenstone said:

Yeah, it's getting more and more obvious which is really sad. Until the last minute I was hoping it would be a fake Rickon but Shaggydog's head made it pretty clear there's no betrayal. It's pretty clear the spoilers from the extra on the battle are true

Spoiler

So Rickon's going to die during the battle. 

Like I said in another thread, it seems to me that when a character dies on the show, they're not imporant for the general outcome. I'm just hoping that Rickon doesn't get the same fate, just stay in Skagos and rule those islands then.
I know that he's probably a small character but I really didn't want this future for him, it's gonna be hard to keep watching. I won't stop, though, I wanna know what happens to the other characters and who knows when we might be getting the book's version of the end.

Archived