Wyman Manderly

mattnj81

Any word on Wyman being cast? I had given up hope of the Manderly's being in the show at all, but then they were mentioned by Ramsey last week. That was the first time, that I can recall, that they've been named on the show. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2016 at 0:50 PM, mattnj81 said:

Any word on Wyman being cast? I had given up hope of the Manderly's being in the show at all, but then they were mentioned by Ramsey last week. That was the first time, that I can recall, that they've been named on the show. 

Wasn't there a casting call for a Northern Lord who would give a speech before a battle? It was separate from the ones that became Smalljon and Karstark. The Manderly's weren't name dropped before, but Wendel was visible at the Red Wedding.

I hope Rome alum Ian McNiece plays him. 

9 hours ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

Wasn't there a casting call for a Northern Lord who would give a speech before a battle? It was separate from the ones that became Smalljon and Karstark. The Manderly's weren't name dropped before, but Wendel was visible at the Red Wedding.

I hope Rome alum Ian McNiece plays him. 

Ian McNiece would be awesome. The Manderlys have been name dropped a few times now, so I think they will be appearing. I don't if that casting call was legit, we've learned who all the actors cast for the respective parts were but that one. I wonder if D&D were just trolling the book readers.

10 hours ago, mattnj81 said:

Ian McNiece would be awesome. The Manderlys have been name dropped a few times now, so I think they will be appearing. I don't if that casting call was legit, we've learned who all the actors cast for the respective parts were but that one. I wonder if D&D were just trolling the book readers.

Nah, I feel like we have to meet the Manderly's at this point. One mention by Roose and maybe we don't need too. Another by Ramsey and we still might not but after That Roundtable scene in last episode (S6 E5) where they specifically say they have the biggest army left that hasn't declared I feel like it'd be wierd if we didn't.

On 5/26/2016 at 6:26 PM, The Dames do Moan said:

Nah, I feel like we have to meet the Manderly's at this point. One mention by Roose and maybe we don't need too. Another by Ramsey and we still might not but after That Roundtable scene in last episode (S6 E5) where they specifically say they have the biggest army left that hasn't declared I feel like it'd be wierd if we didn't.

I hope so, fingers crossed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I read today that Jim Broadbent has been cast - could he be Manderly?

Could be. The description said "Significant role" I believe so it's easy to assume he'd be a heavy (hehe) recurring character like Manderly, who will seemingly be a notable support character in the Northern storyline.

But since significant also means big, I think Jim could also end up like Ian McShane. A one off character who does something important like bring the Hound back. Or a smaller but also significant character like Max Von Sydow's 3 Eyed Raven, who would be in a few episodes. A likely candidate seems to be someone at Oldtown who will help Sam uncover something game changing in their library. 

3 hours ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

They did the exact same thing with Max Von Sydow and the 3 Eyed Raven. 

True enough, not to mention Dario, Beric Dondarrion, the Mountain (twice!), Tommen and Myrcella. 

You don't really want to recast if you don't have to, though. It's one thing recasting a character who hasn't been seen for two years (and then only briefly) -- actors go off and do other things and might not be available any more, for a start. Manderly was cast for the final episode of season 6, so it would be likely they would have ensured his availability if they wanted to have him in season 7, particularly as he was given a pretty prominent role in the scene where Jon was declared king in the North.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but given they only just cast a Manderly, it's not likely they'd be casting him again. Smart money has Broadbent as Marwyn

Archived