Could we learn who Jaqen is

On 7/5/2016 at 5:20 PM, The Arthur Smith said:

A different person with Jaqen's face. The Jacqen Arya knew has die in season 2. Te current one is now a jerk and cold toward Arya, contrast to the snarky one Arya knew.

Its and interesting point, and althought I agree a little with dbunting, we have to remember he changed his face when he stopped being "Jaqen" at the end of Season 2.

My guess is that they are all different Jaqens (the one in Westeros, the one who died by poison, the one currently wearing the face), its just that the Faceless Men have choose that face to interact with Arya. (Maybe because that was the face she meet them).

I mean, the show is clearly doing that with us, the watchers, using the same actor so we understand the Jaqen represent the Faceless Men institution. Maybe they're doing in-universe too.

Which version are you talking about? You mean the face of Jaqen?  Probably just some guy was banker or toilet washer or something. If you mean the person who wears the face, we don't even know if its the same person Arya talked to before.

On 12/05/2016 at 0:08 PM, Jedi Renee said:

I think jacqen could of been syrio the water dancer swordsman, one of his faces. I've read a few good theories about that. The many faced god and faceless men are quite intresting. 

Quite interesting indeed. I don't think Jacqen died in the book or show. His abilities are far superior to the other followers of the many faced god that Arya meets. The kindly man uses glamours that can be seen through, the comely man literally just changes his nose. Whereas Jacqen is a badass face changing stone cold assassin.

On 5/12/2016 at 6:08 AM, Jedi Renee said:

I think jacqen could of been syrio the water dancer swordsman, one of his faces. I've read a few good theories about that. The many faced god and faceless men are quite intresting. 

No.  Just no.  The time lines do not match up.  Jacqen was in jail before the battle (ambush) that killed Syrio.  I know how awesome it would be if Syrio was still alive, but I have to think he's dead given the circumstances.  That aside, they are certainly not the same person. Sometimes, even in the wild world of Westeros, a person doesn't have a secret identity, hidden behind a mask, wrapped up in an enigma, behind a facade. Jacqen is no one.  Syrio is dead. 

On 20/05/2016 at 6:02 AM, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

No.  Just no.  The time lines do not match up.  Jacqen was in jail before the battle (ambush) that killed Syrio.  I know how awesome it would be if Syrio was still alive, but I have to think he's dead given the circumstances.  That aside, they are certainly not the same person. Sometimes, even in the wild world of Westeros, a person doesn't have a secret identity, hidden behind a mask, wrapped up in an enigma, behind a facade. Jacqen is no one.  Syrio is dead. 

I think jacqen could of been syrio, Eg syrio was one of jacqenseveral faces. Could u link provide info that shows jacqen was in jail before arya and syrio were ambushed? I only saw jacqen alot after that took place when the nw collected him from jail. 

Archived