Cycling 2019 - the British are coming.

BigFatCoward

Landa's not doing anything, he looks terrible.

Terror Giro for Team Sky, but it's not bad for other teams to get some glory.

Gaviria is really making a big name for himself.

Just caught highlights of the flat stage to get rest for tonight and holy crap was it worth it for that finish. Dumoulin is an absolute beast could be a future tdf winner going on his giro so far imo. Cracked quintana, nibali 2 of the best climbers going atm. Really hope he can maintain the form for the rest of the giro.

Wtf? However, our Dutch boarders know nothing is certain at this stage. If he gets through Tuesday unscathed I don't see where he loses this other than a crash. Imagine what he would do in a decent team? I see sky calling, his style is perfect for a train. 

I was screaming like an idiot when I saw that this afternoon.

What a fantastic ride. I could see him keeping pace with Quintana yes, as the climb went on he just keep pulling really well and the other guys were giving 110% just tryinbg to stay in Dumoulin's wheel. He was even angry none of them took the lead but they were gassed, and Nibali was dropped soon after. Then he catches up qith Quintana and drops him as well in the final 400m. Nice jump at the end over Zakarin as well, for those who may remember, that was a carbon copy of what he did to Chris Froome in the Vuelta 2015 mountain stage where Froome seemed to be winning.

As for other riders, Mollema lost the most and drops back from 3 to 6 for now. Kruijswijk was finally better and will still look for a top 5 finish in the final week. as might for instance Adam Yates. Pinot recovered well, Nibali isn't good enough ( and realistically, he wasn't good enough last year either).

Still there is so much left to go this week. Not just Tuesday but every day is a mountain stage. 

On 20-5-2017 at 7:36 PM, BigFatCoward said:

Wtf? However, our Dutch boarders know nothing is certain at this stage. If he gets through Tuesday unscathed I don't see where he loses this other than a crash. Imagine what he would do in a decent team? I see sky calling, his style is perfect for a train. 

They broke him in the 2015 Vuelta of course. But with more experience, it will be interesting to see what he can deliver.

If quintana is going to get back into it this stage is surely the one with the mortirolo and then 2 times up the stelvio. Its really high altitude which should give quintana a big advantage, going to be very interesting to see how dumoulin copes. Would be great if the likes of nibali and pinot can take some time and make it a 4 man fight but with the descent i cant see pinot doing that, nibali could though so even if it doesnt break apart at the top people could still open gaps on the way down to the finish.

Bad time for a shit. Going to be a hot topic here natural break and they attack the pink jersey.

Fuck those guys he waited when quintana fell the other day i know its bottom of the last climb but he is the pink jersey do the right fucking thing.

The fucking Dutch cannot catch a break

However I still make him favourite, he was climbing as fast as any of them, still had the last tt?, and will be motivated as fuck. He has the look of someone who doesn't forget, he has steel in him. 

Nice to see Rolland get a breakaway stage win. Good timing, good strategy and nice strong push from him. No one could get their act together and he just slipped away. I'm a day behind so looking forward to watching Stage 18 tonight when I get home. Finally have race season coming up on the NBC Gold package - Dauphine, Tour De Suisse and then TDF! 

Yeah dumoulin looked real strong and i loved his play at the end when the other 2 wouldnt ride. Its pretty clear from his interview that fdj and pinot are going to do what they can for him as well which will make it interesting. At the moment pinot is in with a real shot at a podium again if he can put in a tt that is more like him. Nibali and quintana looked out of legs on the last climb.

Dumoulin needs to have a good day today still to keep his confidence for tt if he stays within 1.30 of quintana its pretty well wrapped up. Might even be a good thing he doesnt have the jersey for this stage.

Itt is going to be really interesting now dumoulin should be favourite but has looked spent the last 2 days. Im backing him still but i think pinot is an outside shot for the upset win has been looking the best in the last couple of days. I dont think quintana has the legs or tt ability to hold on but he does have the advantage of knowing what everyone else is doing.

Archived