Renly's plan for Margaery

I know this is going down the wormhole of "what if" and "maybe", but it has always bugged me. We know Renly planned to make Margaery Robert's queen in place of Cersei. At this point, Robert has 2 male heirs by Cersei. The tyrells and Margaery don't strike me as the type to be okay having her kids come after Cersei's in a possible Rhaenyra v Alicent Hightower's kids situation.

So what was the plan? Renly doesn't seem to know about the twincest. Did the tyrells know and plan to reveal it, getting cersei and her kids killed in the process? But if they knew, why not mention it once Margaery married renly?

Were they just planning to have joffrey and tommen have "accidents"?

Any other theories?

Honestly I just think Renly was a poor planner and just pulled something out of his ass. As you said, it seems like he doesn't know about Jaime and Cersei so there's really no basis for him thinking Robert will set aside Cersei for Margaery. He tries to say well she looks like Lyanna so Robert will be so smitten because of that and he will set aside Cersei. But the thing is Margaery does not look like Lyanna so I don't understand. Idk if this was a plot hole or intentional to show what type of person Renly was.

Archived