TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

What do you call a bear that tells jokes?

A punda!

Anyone watched Con Man? Crowdfunded webseries from Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion which totally has nothing to do with Firefly :P 

Also Serenity is bad. Like, why would you even crush my memories level bad.

Just now, The Kingmaker said:

It has it's good points, but the had to change many of the characters to make it work as a standalone film. Mal had to be an asshole who eventually comes out of his shell so he had a decent ark, and much of the cast had to be streamlined.

I am a leaf on the wind...

7 minutes ago, The Kingmaker said:

Anyone watched Con Man? Crowdfunded webseries from Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion which totally has nothing to do with Firefly :P 

Watched it? I helped fund it.

7 minutes ago, The Kingmaker said:

Hold your tongue, ser! Serenity is awesome. It just gets bad rap from some people for being darker and having to re-tread some of the same ground as the series. 

5 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

It has it's good points, but the had to change many of the characters to make it work as a standalone film. Mal had to be an asshole who eventually comes out of his shell so he had a decent ark, and much of the cast had to be streamlined.

I am a leaf on the wind...

Mal was supposed to be darker in the series too. Fox nixed it. - Per Joss. Serenity Mal is the real Mal.

Eh, I just can't bring myself to like it after quality of the series. At least we have comics to amend some of the problems movie had.

And seriously, watch Farscape. It is a terribly underrated, amazing show. Why don't we have awesome "band of misfits in a spaceship" type tv series anymore? :( 

5 minutes ago, The Kingmaker said:

Eh, I just can't bring myself to like it after quality of the series. At least we have comics to amend some of the problems movie had.

And seriously, watch Farscape. It is a terribly underrated, amazing show. Why don't we have awesome "band of misfits in a spaceship" type tv series anymore? :( 

I got bored with Farsape. Too episodic, and it became painfully formulaic after a while. Plus the effects aren't all that great. IIRC I lost interest not long after the return to Earth episode. 

It felt like they just used the "lost in space" aspect to make a show with an adventure of the week. I was disappointed because it has a great reputation. 

Think of first season as a pilot season. It still has great moments, but like you said too episodic.

It opens up greatly after first season finale though, especially with introduction of Scorpius.

Re: effects; I adore and love puppets and make up so, I may be biased. Farscape effects are generally praised because their puppet and make up teams were top notch. Trivia: In one episode they apply make up to Ben Browder to depict him as another character in a scene. Make up ends up too good and viewers actually confuse  him as the other character, so next time they shoot a similar scene they end up doing it intentionally bad to make it obvious it is him :D 

well boys and girls i am home...B)

ab congrats on the win but watch out i am feeling froggy....:commie:

i have no pun at this moment but i am sure i will later...the vodka is flowing.....

:smoking:

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I got bored with Farsape. Too episodic, and it became painfully formulaic after a while. Plus the effects aren't all that great. IIRC I lost interest not long after the return to Earth episode.

That's pretty much the point where it starts getting more arc-y. You should at least finish the first season!

4 hours ago, The Kingmaker said:

Think of first season as a pilot season. It still has great moments, but like you said too episodic.

It opens up greatly after first season finale though, especially with introduction of Scorpius.

Re: effects; I adore and love puppets and make up so, I may be biased. Farscape effects are generally praised because their puppet and make up teams were top notch. Trivia: In one episode they apply make up to Ben Browder to depict him as another character in a scene. Make up ends up too good and viewers actually confuse  him as the other character, so next time they shoot a similar scene they end up doing it intentionally bad to make it obvious it is him :D 

2 hours ago, felice said:

That's pretty much the point where it starts getting more arc-y. You should at least finish the first season!

I might give it another shot at some point. I think it's dropped off Netflix now though.

As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in the Nova Scotia back country. As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they were eating lunch. I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play. The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends. I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. And as I played "Amazing Grace," the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept, we all wept together. When I finished, I packed up my bagpipes and started for my car. Though my head was hung low, my heart was full. As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I never seen anything like that before, and I've been putting in septic tanks for twenty years."

Archived