TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

15 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

I used to think the kids with Pokémon cards were so cool, showing their collections off at school. Granted I was seven and poor. :lol:

After four years on this forum, I just noticed that the -----> :commie:<------- emoji dude is parading a Soviet Union flag.

Well, we thought we were pretty cool too :P They were way way way overpriced though. I still have a stack lying around that I look through in my nostalgic/sentimental moods.

9 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Hello TTTNE. :grouphug:

How are you good folks? Just dropped by to say hi and see how everyone has been doing.

Hey! :grouphug: You need to drop by more often. I'm alright, in the middle of my exams so stressing a little. How are you?

18 minutes ago, The Kingmaker said:

Hello spammers!!

I demand Litten as official mascot of this thread for little wordplay in the name :P 

For the first time I like the grass type best, Rowlet is way cooler than Littem.

7 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Hola spammers! Thought I'd pop my head in and say hullo. Looks like a lot has changed since I have been gone, and a lot hasn't :P

Hey :) Haven't seen you here in ages. How are you?

9 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

How are you good folks? Just dropped by to say hi and see how everyone has been doing.

Hey Ak, good to see you're back :)

4 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Well of course! You can always use more cannon fodder.

We can always rely on you Ab, you know what is best for us! 

29 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I just looked up how old the dude who plays Bucky is because I wasn't sure if I should feel like a pervy old lady or not.  Looks like I'm okay :P

See, I read "Bucky" and immediately think Buckwheat :lol: That changes this post completely

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

For the first time I like the grass type best, Rowlet is way cooler than Littem.

Rowlett is an owl, so by default it is THE COOLEST. Rowlett also has THE CUTEST sprite.

Problem is Rowlett is grass and I don't pick grass. :P  

Water(can't even remember the name) is horrible which is a shock because how can you manage to make a seal look ugly?!!

I'll most probably pick Litten because 1) Fire and 2) Kitten but obviously we need to see evolutions first :D 

Let's just hope they don't screw it up again like they did with OR/AS, by giving away a legendary too early.

9 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

We can always rely on you Ab, you know what is best for us! 

Of course. But remember. You are a southerner now. You are no longer one of them. 

24 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Let's just hope they don't screw it up again like they did with OR/AS, by giving away a legendary too early.

[Of course. But remember. You are a southerner now. You are no longer one of them. 

I passed the citizenship test then? Oh, how wonderful! It will serve as a nice cushion to have passed one exam this year.

My flatmate just excused herself because I was she was bored of listening to me talk about implied easements and the running of the burden of freehold covenants. I hadn't even realised I was talking about them...

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

I passed the citizenship test then? Oh, how wonderful! It will serve as a nice cushion to have passed one exam this year.

My flatmate just excused herself because I was she was bored of listening to me talk about implied easements and the running of the burden of freehold covenants. I hadn't even realised I was talking about them...

The curse of being smart or well educated. Nobody wants to talk about the things you talk about. :lol: 

7 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

The curse of being smart or well educated. Nobody wants to talk about the things you talk about. :lol: 

Oh trust me, I'd really rather not be talking about them right now :P In 12 hours I can forget all about them though. I plan to come home tomorrow and spend the evening watching Orphan Black Peaky Blinders and iZombie. And then back to the grind on Saturday.

So, this conversation up thread...a new Pokemon game or something? I haven't had a new Pokemon game in a long time...I had Ruby I know. And Fire Red. Don't think I had any after that though.

ETA; I was always grass type until Ruby, and then we get that awful Gecko thingamebob. Just, no. Then I went for Mudkip on the first run through, Torchick the second. Torchick definitely had the best evolutions. Blazekin!

2 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Oh trust me, I'd really rather not be talking about them right now :P In 12 hours I can forget all about them though. I plan to come home tomorrow and spend the evening watching Orphan Black Peaky Blinders and iZombie. And then back to the grind on Saturday.

So, this conversation up thread...a new Pokemon game or something? I haven't had a new Pokemon game in a long time...I had Ruby I know. And Fire Red. Don't think I had any after that though.

ETA; I was always grass type until Ruby, and then we get that awful Gecko thingamebob. Just, no. Then I went for Mudkip.

It's not about wanting to. You'll end up talking about that stuff without realising it, and people will look at you as though you're crazy. 

lol Treecko. Yeah, OR/AS were 3D remakes of Ruby and Sapphire. The new games, Sun and Moon are out next March. Sadly, after modernising recently and releasing games simultaneously worldwide, Nintendo have slipped back to their old ways, and are releasing here three months after the Japanese release.

I am so enjoying being off tomorrow and the rest of the weekend, you have no idea...

14 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Hey, AK! It's great to see you. I'm well, and I hope you are too. How are things with work and life and you know all the stuff? :D

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

I'm pretty good :)  I was just musing how simplistic my life has become.  I've always felt I was (possibly overly) confident in knowing how I felt and what I liked, but now I'm at the extreme :P  I like my kids, I like nice people, I like reading and good TV and movies.  I don't like jerks, racists, bigots, woman haters or judgmental people lol  I've cut all the BS out of my life (excepting work, because I am still not independently wealthy, alas.)   So... yeah, life is pretty good.

But for all that, work is slow and I'm going insane because of it.  SO I'm back on the board :P

Aye, this is my life, pretty much. But I suppose I'm more comfortable with it since it's been a long time. I don't like drama, so everything recalling drama, that went out the door quickly. Slow work is the little death though, the mind killer. Fill it with random stuff like web comics if there is nothing better you have in mind. I'm sure you know of xkcd, and similar stuff. If you find one you haven't read, there is probably a mine of it. Welcome back to the board nonetheless!

greetings spamlanders...just sniffing through and stopping to lift a leg...

here's hoping everyone has ice for their cocktails, steaks for their grill, and weed for their bongs...

:smoking:

17 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

Hello AK,

I've moved North, because fuck California heat.

My kitties are gone (I cried for days with my hands nearly glued to our scotch whiskey)

I took a sabbatical from school 

And I'm working two full time, and one part time job.

Oh, and I've decided I want to buy a house, so that's the current goal. 

Can't think of much of anything else that is new on my end....

How are you?

Oh yeeeeeah.....will you just look over my stupidity while I....... :leaving:

Is this 'sould' meant as should or could?

Because I would hope you aren't worried at all. ;) It was not meant as a bad thing.

Lol glad you're well. 

______

Current events 

My boyfriend got up to move the position of the blinds so the sun's glares weren't shining in his face. The more he messed with it, the more they were in my face, now he's continued his sleeping, and I can't seem to get back to it. 

:lol: You're so energetic I can barely keep up. I've been well. You look good too! Buying a house is a fine goal. Keep at it, good luck!!

14 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

She is battling her way through the grips of a deep depression (um...wait, I mean at quite literally. It's a really well handled character arc actually. Resonates a lot)

Hello! Long time no see. How's life treating you?

You aren't stupid 

Kitties gone? Oh no 

buying a house. Big step! Is that a near future plan or later?

I would love to ask more about this potential house but having just spent the last five hours reading over my notes, articles and textbook chapters on property law, and particularly conveyancing, mortgages, co-ownership and overreaching and overriding interests, I have no desire to think about property right now 

Life's treating me well. You must be having your summer vacation if I'm not wrong? Enjoy!

13 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

AK! Hi! Fine, and yourself? Work, studying, health, family, weather? ;)

What? I thought you took them with you!

It was meant to be "should". I cannot type. 

And I will take it that way then ...

Yo Buck. Work is fine, studies ongoing, family is good - my sister got married last month, health is not too good, I can't seem to lose weight (ouch) and the weather is ghastly hot. How are you?

10 hours ago, The Kingmaker said:

Hello spammers!!

I demand Litten as official mascot of this thread for little wordplay in the name 

But Rowlett is so much cuter - it has a bowtie!!!!

10 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well, we thought we were pretty cool too  They were way way way overpriced though. I still have a stack lying around that I look through in my nostalgic/sentimental moods.

Hey! :grouphug: You need to drop by more often. I'm alright, in the middle of my exams so stressing a little. How are you?

Hey :) Haven't seen you here in ages. How are you?

Hey Fomn!! I'm good. Good luck for exams. They're not important don't stress too much. :lol:

10 hours ago, Adara said:

Hey Ak, good to see you're back :)

Hi Adara!!  Good to see you here

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

ETA; I was always grass type until Ruby, and then we get that awful Gecko thingamebob. Just, no. Then I went for Mudkip on the first run through, Torchick the second. Torchick definitely had the best evolutions. Blazekin!

Haven't played Pokemon in a while? Play X and Y. That is the game for you. So fresh. And frankly the Hoenn starters are the ugliest starters ever. 

Hello to folks I've never seen before. Pleased to meet ya. :hat:

On 12 May 2016 at 6:18 AM, The Legend of Cora said:

Pompelmo isn't so bad when you freeze it for a few hours before consumption....you just have shitty taste.

More lies from the Pompelmo royalty!!.

The only good choices are Limonata and Aranciata Rossa.

Also id rather have shitty taste than taste shitty.

I just got some important files I need for my MA thesis! Very happy! *does the Snoopy dance* :commie:

(Now I only have to write the thesis, you know.)

15 hours ago, Mandy said:

I just looked up how old the dude who plays Bucky is because I wasn't sure if I should feel like a pervy old lady or not.  Looks like I'm okay :P

See, I read "Bucky" and immediately think Buckwheat :lol: That changes this post completely

Yep, when you are used to everybody in the thread calling you Bucky, this post can sound a bit awkward. :P

(I do not know which Bucky Mandy meant.)

Get a rest, H! And of course, good luck at the exam - although I am perfectly sure you do not need it! ;)

14 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Abbie, do you want to talk about intertextuality in the novels by Walter Moers? ;)

10 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

greetings spamlanders...just sniffing through and stopping to lift a leg...

here's hoping everyone has ice for their cocktails, steaks for their grill, and weed for their bongs..

Do you mean "lungs"? :huh:

6 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

Yo Buck. Work is fine, studies ongoing, family is good - my sister got married last month, health is not too good, I can't seem to lose weight (ouch) and the weather is ghastly hot. How are you?

Believe it or not, I am now teaching apparently. So busy with that and the thesis, but really fine all together. :)

Spoiler

There is also an ... "almost-boyfriend" ... somewhere. :blushing::blushing::blushing::leaving:

48 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

I really need to stop by more often.   

You do, otherwise we will think the curse took you! :grouphug: <- Pebblehug

6 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

:lol: You're so energetic I can barely keep up. I've been well. You look good too! Buying a house is a fine goal. Keep at it, good luck!!

Life's treating me well. You must be having your summer vacation if I'm not wrong? Enjoy!

But Rowlett is so much cuter - it has a bowtie!!!!

Hey Fomn!! I'm good. Good luck for exams. They're not important don't stress too much. :lol:

Hi Adara!!  Good to see you here

Haven't played Pokemon in a while? Play X and Y. That is the game for you. So fresh. And frankly the Hoenn starters are the ugliest starters ever. 

Not summer yet, nope! Exams first (had two, two more next week). 

Sorry to hear about your health and not being able to lose weight. The mothership also struggles to shift weight and it often gets her down. 

Did you enjoy your sisters wedding? Work treating you well?

Yeah I haven't played for some time :lol: I don't actually have a gaming device anymore though. How disappointing :( I loved the Jhoto starters :wub: 

50 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Hello spamlings.  

I do hope you are all well.   love and hugs to those that want them.  kick up the behinds for those that need them.

I'll maybe entice you back by starting a Pictionary game. Once my last exam is out of the way I will have time to spare to run one if there is interest.

*flings property notes into the air*

*scoops back up in case she has to resit in August*

Helena - Good luck with the exams, and I'm sure you won't need to resit.  but yes don't leave the notes scattered.  Will make the place look like a mess.  also you could step on one and slide/trip.   Just not safe.   File them away   and not under B.     There is always a chance you could need them again for something not directly education related.    OOooh Pictionary    - I've been thinking that my mad model making skills had killed the game.

Bucky   :leer:  although I think Steve had more of an effect on me. :drool:    especially the Ab's scene.   - I do need to see that film again, there is a hell of a lot of fine looking bodies.    I also enjoyed it for the plot ect.       I'll be in my bunk.

The real Bucky  

aww

:love:      If he hurts you I'll break his legs.  

On 5/11/2016 at 2:20 AM, Buckwheat said:

Wait, since when am I into Germanic and Scandinavian folklore? ;) 

And uh ... is my obsession with Walter Moers really that noticeable? :leaving:

Nah, I'm just CIA level good at this shit  

On 5/12/2016 at 10:48 AM, The Legend of Cora said:

ha, uh....I just meant that pirates are cool and like, each of you have some characteristic that makes you, you.....

Uh? Idk....like imagine if we were all on a ship. Ab seems like a captain type, and Buckie is like the friendly cabin boy girl.

Hope you start feeling better soon! 

Your attitude is as offensive as your appearance.

PS

Pompelmo isn't so bad when you freeze it for a few hours before consumption....you just have shitty taste.

I used to think the kids with Pokémon cards were so cool, showing their collections off at school. Granted I was seven and poor. :lol:

After four years on this forum, I just noticed that the -----> :commie:<------- emoji dude is parading a Soviet Union flag.

What is that supposed to mean ? What are these characteristics you speak of ? And what are our parameters ? I mean are we Pirates of the Caribbean style pirates or that goddamn vegetable movie style pirates or sexy pirates - you've got to be more specific 

7 hours ago, Arya kiddin' said:

I've always meant to ask you : How did Ash every understand your gibberish ? 

1 hour ago, Pebbles said:

Hello spamlings.  

I do hope you are all well.   love and hugs to those that want them.  kick up the behinds for those that need them.

This raises so many questions 

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I just got some important files I need for my MA thesis! Very happy! *does the Snoopy dance* :commie:

(Now I only have to write the thesis, you know.)

Yep, when you are used to everybody in the thread calling you Bucky, this post can sound a bit awkward. :P

(I do not know which Bucky Mandy meant.)

Get a rest, H! And of course, good luck at the exam - although I am perfectly sure you do not need it! ;)

Abbie, do you want to talk about intertextuality in the novels by Walter Moers? ;)

Do you mean "lungs"? :huh:

Believe it or not, I am now teaching apparently. So busy with that and the thesis, but really fine all together. :)

Reveal hidden contents

There is also an ... "almost-boyfriend" ... somewhere. :blushing::blushing::blushing::leaving:

You do, otherwise we will think the curse took you! :grouphug: <- Pebblehug

It really is hentai isn't it ? :lol: 

The Bucky they are talking about is Buckwheat of Mayhem, the Lucha Libre Legend

Also, pretty sure he meant bongs.

Archived