TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

20 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

Thank you, you are really nice. It does feel good. 

Oh, Harry Potter sounds lovely. *.* Is this new stuff about the upcoming movie or not yet? I'm quite curious to see what they make of it. Recently ordered the book to catch up. (I never got around to read Fantastic Beasts or any of the other extra books back in the day)

I took him to Universal Studios to see the new Wizzarding world. It was tons of fun :)

16 hours ago, The Legend of Cora said:

I don't hug, especially not the unwilling.

It's more like a cancer than a person. Plus I didn't say much that was offensive, did I?

:grouphug: LadyO

Cora :wub: I owe you a msg! I hope everything's well :) 

Don't wanna go to work tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, DreamSongs said:

You mean, like this?  http://www.theloop.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/work-4.gif

Have some [_]P.

I think I've drank a bit much tea/coffee/water lately, I can feel it sloshing around :lol: But yes, at is a frighteningly accurate picture. 

How is living with your sister and mam? Are they still driving you mad, or have things settled a bit?

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Wait where did the last five hours go :stunned: I just binge watched lecture captures, someone send help!

That sounds boring. Try Netflix instead. Much less frightening.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think I've drank a bit much tea/coffee/water lately, I can feel it sloshing around :lol: But yes, at is a frighteningly accurate picture. 

How is living with your sister and mam? Are they still driving you mad, or have things settled a bit?

*Ahem* Language, Helena. Remember where you are. 

On 13/05/2016 at 2:03 PM, Buckwheat said:

Abbie, do you want to talk about intertextuality in the novels by Walter Moers? ;)

It genuinely sounds more interesting than most of the conversations I suffer through on a daily basis. Intertextuality is really cool, though I've never read anything by Moers.

3 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

It genuinely sounds more interesting than most of the conversations I suffer through on a daily basis. Intertextuality is really cool, though I've never read anything by Moers.

You should, it is excellent. :read:

One of my students said it was a good course. *proud teacher moment* :smug: She also asked me if I was the one who is putting together their test for Wednesday. I think she wanted to imply that I should not be too hard on them. ;)

Its been kind of crazy.  Mom fell and broke her arm and foot and has been in physical therapy rehab for 3 weeks.  Today was the home visit and she comes home on Wednesday to finish healing.

Gorram pollen is making my eyes into fountains. Unshiny.

You know it's a problem when people on the commute start to look at you with that "is she crying? -face" :lol:

Nice avatar, Eira. Looks good in the circular shape.

I am done with my exams. Can't-handle-it done, not it's-finally-over done. I had 5 hours today and 2,5 tomorrow and 2,5 the day after that and there just isn't enough time to prepare even though I started studying over three weeks ago. The good news is that a lot of my friends are stressing out as badly as I am, so the second attempt next year will likely be a nice reunion.

Thank you FoMN.

Sorry to hear it's been so stressful on you. Take a break and do something fun, or sleep if you're lacking. I think you should go to take all exams anyway though, but maybe that's what you intend to do as well. You never know when you strike luck and pass one you thought you'd fail. 

Good day all.

Renewing the passport this time of year is not recommended :lol: not in this city anyway. At least we have queue tickets so you can go and do errands or something. Only 28 more to go!

Guys help me. Wtf should I cook? Keeping in mind that I can't actually cook. 

Read back like five posts or so... 

@DreamSongs speedy recovery to your mom, hope she'll be well soon. 

@FirstofMyName you are the king, you will pass. 

@Eyron same here, and once you are done running the errands you have to wait a month for your new passport. If you want it sooner, you can pay 30k to get it in a week or 45k to get it in 3 days. 

Hi Rhae! 

Some food eh... I usually go for omelette when nothing else comes to mind. Mix a few eggs with a little milk or cream. Add some salt and pepper. Chop some thin sliced ham, add maybe feta or chèvre, spring onion, paprika and spinach leaves and/or broccoli/mushrooms/other veggies. Top with a little cheese if you haven't put in a lot or already. Then bake in the oven (that's the easiest) for maybe 20 min, check if it's settled.

The queue went pretty fast after I was back from errands, since they were apparently understaffed in the morning due to illness. And it's only a week until I can pick it up, so not bad. Benefits of digitalisation and smooth bureaucracy! :commie: Downside is the horrendous picture I will have to live with for a couple of years. I look like I'm going to murder someone very soon.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

same here, and once you are done running the errands you have to wait a month for your new passport. If you want it sooner, you can pay 30k to get it in a week or 45k to get it in 3 days. 

That is ... a lot.

38 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Downside is the horrendous picture I will have to live with for a couple of years. I look like I'm going to murder someone very soon.

I had one set of pictures that I actually looked nice on a few years ago. For some time, I had the same one on three different documents. Now I only still have it on the ID card. The one on the driving licence is quite murderous-looking too.

Oh don't worry, everybody looks horrible in passport pictures.  And thanks for the tip, I've decided to go for a veggie stir fry with pasta eventually. Can't wait to see how it  turns out. 

In the meanwhile I'm complaining about the mess and making plans for a house makeover in the summer. Alas, it's not my house or my money. But seriously, the place NEEDS a makeover. Starting with a massive decluttering. 

Buckwheat, that's not converted because I'm lazy and forgetful, €100 and €150, which is still a lot though, yeah. 

Archived