TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

4 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pup got the chop today. Of course, in the tradition of every pet we have ever had, he has already managed to squirm out of his jacket and try and pull the stitches/dressing. (So says the mothership anyway). I can't wait to see him again though 

Eek!

Wellpart of it is respect too; I've heard of people deliberately pretending they don't know English even though you know perfectly well they do. If I throw in a "Sprachen sie Deutsche?" maybe they meet me somewhere in the middle :D

12 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Managed to cut one character. :lol: Now it is exactly where it is topped.

Yes, it will. Not all of it though. ;)

Depends what "fine" is. Some people will just wave and yell at you in Italian. You can order food and buy tickets in most places though, true.

What's your topic Buck?

20 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Don't you be wasting time on that thesis, you have drawings to do

:ph34r:

I have my sentence prepared! I was missing this.

18 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Pup got the chop today. Of course, in the tradition of every pet we have ever had, he has already managed to squirm out of his jacket and try and pull the stitches/dressing. (So says the mothership anyway). I can't wait to see him again though 

Poor pup! :( (Of course I support the decision, but that must have been hurtful.) (I also needed the next few posts to be sure what this was about - I suspected what it was, but was not sure.)

12 hours ago, Leonardo said:

Wellpart of it is respect too; I've heard of people deliberately pretending they don't know English even though you know perfectly well they do. If I throw in a "Sprachen sie Deutsche?" maybe they meet me somewhere in the middle :D

That is politics. In which country has that happened?

9 hours ago, Leonardo said:

What's your topic Buck?

It is a mystery. :ninja:

3 hours ago, Steve Stark said:

Leonardo, love your avi.

Hey guys, has anyone seen King Tyrion I around at all, or know what he's up to?

What is his avi? I always thought it was a picture strechted faaaar over its original size, making it unrecognisable.

And no, LT has been absent for months, we are all worried about him. Do you have a way of reaching him off the board?

4 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I have my sentence prepared! I was missing this.

Poor pup! :( (Of course I support the decision, but that must have been hurtful.) (I also needed the next few posts to be sure what this was about - I suspected what it was, but was not sure.)

That is politics. In which country has that happened?

It is a mystery. :ninja:

What is his avi? I always thought it was a picture strechted faaaar over its original size, making it unrecognisable.

And no, LT has been absent for months, we are all worried about him. Do you have a way of reaching him off the board?

It's of Chrono from Chrono Trigger, an old video game that my cousin and I used to play religiously as kids.

I might be able to get him on Skype. I'll let you know if I find him Bucky.

On 20/05/2016 at 7:52 PM, Leonardo said:

So I've settled on learning a language. I live on campus pretty much already and have time for some night classes. I'm thinking German would be good since it's got a lot in common with English aside from vocab and it's a pretty widespread language in Europe, but I was wondering if anyone has some other suggestions.

I recommend Esperanto. It doesn't have many speakers anywhere, but it has a few pretty much everywhere. Also, it will help you appreciate Saga and Red Dwarf.

Only exam to go. I want to sleep for a week, but when the time comes I'll probably start binging shows instead of catching up on naptime.

19 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

So in the thread about great things that never got the sequel they deserve: It's been a decade since Half Life 3 was announced. :crying:

Wow, I hear people wishing for that game all over the internet but didn't know it had been THAT long. Are they still planning on making it?

Hello thread

I have been away for a very long time but wanted to check in today because it's my first day at a new job. For those that remember me - hey and good to see you all again after so long. To those that have only heard whispered tales of the Legend of the Goat that climbed the Mountain of Spam - hello, good to meet you.

So I've been out of work for the last, oh nearly two years, and now I'm back doing a very similar job to what I was doing before. Only this is a 10-month freelance contract which is very nice for me. It came at the right time too because otherwise I would not be able to afford to fly off around the world to conventions, or even get myself to Belfast at the end of September to run that TitanCon thing that I run over there. So that's nice.

I guess I will be around a bit more often now to help the work day progress that much better and more fun. Spam on!

36 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Wow, I hear people wishing for that game all over the internet but didn't know it had been THAT long. Are they still planning on making it?

No one outside of Valve really knows. Their position on it is near total radio silence. Marc Laidlaw, who wrote 1 and 2, and was lead writer on episodes 1 and 2, and has almost certainly written at least a vague sketch of 3, has recently retired from Valve. And Valve seem to be much more interested in stuff like Source and Steam than actually making games.

The problem is they want to make the game on the most modern technology, and every time a game engine or console comes out they need to pretty much work from scratch. If they finally get Source 2 out, they'll likely either announce something else (more likely) or Half Life 3 (possibly.)

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

No one outside of Valve really knows. Their position on it is near total radio silence. Marc Laidlaw, who wrote 1 and 2, and was lead writer on episodes 1 and 2, and has almost certainly written at least a vague sketch of 3, has recently retired from Valve. And Valve seem to be much more interested in stuff like Source and Steam than actually making games.

The problem is they want to make the game on the most modern technology, and every time a game engine or console comes out they need to pretty much work from scratch. If they finally get Source 2 out, they'll likely either announce something else (more likely) or Half Life 3 (possibly.)

Well, I can see why people are getting frustrated then. Glad I'm not a fan.

I'd be amazed if HL3 is ever announced now. It's not just the silence, or that Laidlaw is gone. I'm not sure Valve even really wants to be a developer any more, and the games they do develop tend to be relatively small base games that the community can add value to, rather than deep, story based games. 

Archived