TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

*pops in with :grouphug: and :kiss: for everyone!

Hope everyone is well!

I think I am ready to stop being so crazy! :D 

I made the right choice in turning down the low paying/lower position job 2 months ago and have gotten the job I want that is a step up in career progression and pay.  I will now be a "Quality Assurance Analyst IV" in the Capital Markets Division of a top bank. (managing the due diligence on multi-million dollar deals). It's all very exciting. 

6 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I made the right choice in turning down the low paying/lower position job 2 months ago and have gotten the job I want that is a step up in career progression and pay.  I will now be a "Quality Assurance Analyst IV" in the Capital Markets Division of a top bank. (managing the due diligence on multi-million dollar deals). It's all very exciting. 

Congrats!

You deserve it, that man you had to kill was tough but you powered through, what a champ.

49 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

*pops in with :grouphug: and :kiss: for everyone!

Hope everyone is well!

I think I am ready to stop being so crazy! :D 

:love::grouphug: Congrats Lany. I can think of anyone who deserves this break more than you do :) 

Congratulations also to MountainGoat on your new job! :) I hope you find it enjoyable.

for those of you who have my address, please know that I move out tomorrow so won't be receiving post there anymore.

11 hours ago, theMountainGoat said:

Hello thread

I have been away for a very long time but wanted to check in today because it's my first day at a new job. For those that remember me - hey and good to see you all again after so long. To those that have only heard whispered tales of the Legend of the Goat that climbed the Mountain of Spam - hello, good to meet you.

So I've been out of work for the last, oh nearly two years, and now I'm back doing a very similar job to what I was doing before. Only this is a 10-month freelance contract which is very nice for me. It came at the right time too because otherwise I would not be able to afford to fly off around the world to conventions, or even get myself to Belfast at the end of September to run that TitanCon thing that I run over there. So that's nice.

I guess I will be around a bit more often now to help the work day progress that much better and more fun. Spam on!

SQUEE!  Nice to see you posting here again!

I have just finished a 10 month contract (it was a 2 month contract that kept getting extended) and now I will be a full time employee, in an advanced position.

11 hours ago, theMountainGoat said:

I have been away for a very long time but wanted to check in today because it's my first day at a new job.

Congrats and welcome back 8)

Afternoon thread

Congratulations Lany and thank you for the welcome back. Good to see you too Buckwheat.

I am still learning the systems at my new job, but I'm getting there. One important point I learned yesterday is to make sure I get to the train station about 30 seconds earlier so I don't just miss my train and have to wait 20 minutes for the next one, doh!

Three guys find a lamp. 

One of them picks it up, rubs it, and out pops a Genie.
It booms "You have finally freed me after all these years, so I'll grant each one of you 3 wishes." The first guy immediately blurts out "I want a billion dollars." POOF, he's holding a printout that shows his account balance is now in fact 1,000,000,003.50
The second man thinks for a bit, then says "I want to be the richest man alive." POOF, he's holding papers showing his net worth is now well over 100 billion.
The third guy thinks even longer about his wish, then says "I want my left arm to rotate clockwise for the rest of my life." POOF, his arm starts rotating.
The Genie tells them it's time for their second wish.
First guy says: "I want to be married to the most beautiful woman on earth." POOF, a stunning beauty wraps herself around his arm.
Second guy says "I want to be good-looking and charismatic, so I can have every girl I want." POOF, his looks change and the first guy's wife immediately starts flirting with him.
Third guy says "I want my right arm to rotate counter-clockwise until I die." POOF, now both his arms are rotating, in opposite directions.
The genie tells them to think very carefully about their third wish.
First guy does, and after a while says "I never want to become sick or injured, I want to stay healthy until I die." POOF, his complexion improves, his acne is gone and his knees don't bother him any more.
Second guy says "I never want to grow old. I want to stay 29 forever." POOF, he looks younger already.
Third guy smiles triumphantly and says "My last wish is for my head to nod back and forth." POOF, he's now nodding his head and still flailing his arms around.
The genie wishes them good luck, disappears, and the men soon go their separate ways.

Many years later they meet again and chat about how things have been going. First guy is ecstatic: "I've invested the money and multiplied it many times over, so me and my family will be among the richest of the rich pretty much forever. My wife is a freak in the sheets, and I've never gotten so much as a cold in all these years." Second guy smiles and says "Well, I built charities worldwide with a fraction of my wealth, I'm still the richest guy alive and also revered for my good deeds. I haven't aged a day since we last met, and yes, your wife is pretty wild in bed."
Third guy walks in, flailing his arms around and nodding his head, and says:

"Guys, I think I fucked up."

This might be my best ones yet guys

On 5/15/2016 at 7:18 PM, The BlackBear said:

Apparently it's a mating thing. She's running at him, and he's trying to impress her by dodging, hitting and urinating on her. You be you rabbits.

i was thinking it needs this music

On 5/16/2016 at 7:00 AM, DreamSongs said:

You mean, like this?  http://www.theloop.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/work-4.gif

Have some [_]P.

hey Bexie this made me think of Tyrion (KTI),

and i am sending good vibes to your Mere...

On 5/20/2016 at 7:36 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

oooo that's bad Helena...just bad...

however, it reminds me i gotta get Pusifer nutted soon. the bastard is almost 18 pounds of big head and balls... <_<

On 5/21/2016 at 1:56 PM, Steve Stark said:

It's of Chrono from Chrono Trigger, an old video game that my cousin and I used to play religiously as kids.

I might be able to get him on Skype. I'll let you know if I find him Bucky.

hey Steve...good to see ya man...

i would like to hear about KT as well... been real concerned he was here one morning, jan 2nd or so, like normal next day gone...not one word since that i can find...

On 5/22/2016 at 4:13 PM, RhaeBee said:

*kicks thread in the balls* 

I've been sick and binge watching GoT with my family. I'm sure more interesting stuff has happened to you guys. Out with it. 

it is known that plenty of gratuitous boobs and throat slashes improves your health Rhae... ;)

i had to get a crown on a tooth i broke in half eating a fried shrimp...how does that sound...

:smoking:

On 5/23/2016 at 8:36 AM, theMountainGoat said:

Hello thread

I have been away for a very long time but wanted to check in today because it's my first day at a new job. For those that remember me - hey and good to see you all again after so long. To those that have only heard whispered tales of the Legend of the Goat that climbed the Mountain of Spam - hello, good to meet you.

So I've been out of work for the last, oh nearly two years, and now I'm back doing a very similar job to what I was doing before. Only this is a 10-month freelance contract which is very nice for me. It came at the right time too because otherwise I would not be able to afford to fly off around the world to conventions, or even get myself to Belfast at the end of September to run that TitanCon thing that I run over there. So that's nice.

I guess I will be around a bit more often now to help the work day progress that much better and more fun. Spam on!

Goat...welcome home...i moved in to sniff the rocks while you were gone...

i was just asking fragile bird about you last week. i hadn't seen you since the secret santa action and i am strung out on your maps. as a geologist and weakass cartographer i really enjoyed the style and layout. i want one to cover my office wall. they are really well done...

and filled with great info to help me win acrophilia ;)

On 5/23/2016 at 7:05 PM, The BlackBear said:

Congrats!

You deserve it, that man you had to kill was tough but you powered through, what a champ.

...no on has even noticed the blood stains in the breakroom... :cheers:

Morning thread

Good job Rocksniffer, glad to see someone is still reporting the spam!

Some folks in the office were just talking about Game of Thrones. I considered joining in and giving them the full depth of my knowledge on the subject and how I run a fan convention and everything, but I decided that it might be best if my first interaction with these people is not me showing off in a big way. Maybe next time.

Right now everyone is waiting for our production tool to sort out it's problems with running at full capacity for some reason so it is going so slowly and nobody can get any work done. Funnily enough we had similar problems at my previous company. I guess some things just never change...

Archived