TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

29 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

And do you like it?

It's ok. Suffers from usual GoT's issues. I like certain storylines and detest others.

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

Without specifics:

Hide contents

The actual pits can hold considerably more than 50 people

Oh good.

Just now, The BlackBear said:

It's ok. Suffers from usual GoT's issues. I like certain storylines and detest others.

Oh good.

It's more certain scenes that I don't like than entire storylines... Dorne just happened to have a lot of those scenes.

20 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Episode 7 spoilers:

Hide contents

So the way to keep all of Meereen happy is to let, what, 50 people at most watch a fight? Or is there a proper fighting pit coming later?

Think of it as the qualifiers. Winners progress to the main event.

Why am I so terrible at adulting? I left too late and missed an important train because I forgot the pass I need to get on, and had also neglected to bring any keys, so I was locked out of the house when no one was home. Had to drag my dad my work so he could drive me to the destination. Stuff like this happens almost every time I attempt to use public transportation -_-

Good day everyone! :)

Sheesh, it's been a long time! How is everyone?

I'd like to provide an update on my situation as I had a few PMs from concerned people.. but not sure where to post?

Also is there an app or any other way of accessing this site besides browser? Its hard to type here :P

2 hours ago, Nymeria10k said:

I'd like to provide an update on my situation as I had a few PMs from concerned people.. but not sure where to post?

Also is there an app or any other way of accessing this site besides browser? Its hard to type here :P

Already said this to you in PM, but great to see you again :) Welcome back.

Right here in TTTNE is as good a place as any. And yes, there's the Tapatalk app, but it hasn't been working properly for me, maybe you'll have better luck.

21 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Why am I so terrible at adulting? I left too late and missed an important train because I forgot the pass I need to get on, and had also neglected to bring any keys, so I was locked out of the house when no one was home. Had to drag my dad my work so he could drive me to the destination. Stuff like this happens almost every time I attempt to use public transportation -_-

this happens to all of us sometimes. Can you drive? That would solve the public transportation problem. And no worries, you have plenty of time to get into adulting, I still suck at it too. 

Nice avatar. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, Nymeria10k said:

Hiiiiiii! We've been wondering what's up with you! Please do update us, here is perfect. 

Hope everything is okay, it's really really good to see you pop in :grouphug: 

6 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

this happens to all of us sometimes. Can you drive? That would solve the public transportation problem. And no worries, you have plenty of time to get into adulting, I still suck at it too.

Not if you can drive, but do not have a car. :wacko: And I hate driving and parking especially, so public transportation is still preferable to me - as long as there is that option. Bus times are horrible here on weekends.

FOMN, as RB said, such things happen to everybody though ... a few weeks ago, I forgot the book I was supposed to teach by at home when I went to the school. :leaving:
Nym, I already said so in PM, but let me echo the good people here, welcome back. :) I hope you can type now, the new site is wacky on mobile. Try a desktop or a laptop.

29 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

Nice avatar. :thumbsup: 

I know, it just seems to happen an awful lot to me ;) Which is my own fault of course.
I'm learning to drive but I'm still months away from getting my license.

Thanks :) It's Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion, which melted my brain.

3 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

Not if you can drive, but do not have a car. :wacko: And I hate driving and parking especially, so public transportation is still preferable to me - as long as there is that option. Bus times are horrible here on weekends.

FOMN, as RB said, such things happen to everybody though ... a few weeks ago, I forgot the book I was supposed to teach by at home when I went to the school. :leaving:

I just thought if he can drive than he can just borrow his parents' cars (if that's an option of course). And yeah I'm with you on that one. I hate driving and I suck at it so I use public transport or have someone drive me. 

Once I left my school bag at home :D I was tiny though, but it was funny. My dad drove me to school and we only noticed I didn't have the bag when we got there. Luckily my mom drove it after us, so (not so luckily) I didn't get to miss a class. 

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

I know, it just seems to happen an awful lot to me ;) Which is my own fault of course.
I'm learning to drive but I'm still months away from getting my license.

Thanks :) It's Shinji from Neon Genesis Evangelion, which melted my brain.

Oh learning to drive... Those were good times. Well good luck to learning to drive, I'm sure you'll do better than I did, just stay focused on actual driving. 

He kinda looks like you (or how I picture you). 

Hello hello :)

:grouphug:

So, an update for my lovelies; spoilered as it is long!

Me and my fiance decided not to move or do anything as such after all. He is studying and will finish his studies (2 years) and a year's mandatory military service. We are both willing to wait. We haven't decided where to go but he is looking at coming over here. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment as he is busy with studies and I have a lot going on in my own life too.

Quite frankly I want to see for myself what he is like in person. Skype calls and phone calls can only convey so much. From what I gather he isn't a bad person. I've tried to gather how he behaves around his family and friends and he treats them well. He is the kind of person who would go the extra mile for those he cares about but also knows his limits and boundaries.

We do have a vague plan to visit Malaysia. I have a friend irl there who plans to marry possibly next year. She has insisted I be there. Me and him thought it might be a good idea to meet there, and I know the girl and her parents so I'll be in safe hands. I don't plan to rush into anything and honestly I have 3 more years to see how this pans out. I'm keeping my safety in mind above all else. It's just an idea though we'll probably discuss it soon enough.

Irl I had my ups and downs. I ended up failing a module from uni so had to retake it at a different institution and thankfully I passed. But I will only start my LPC this year when everyone else started theirs last year. I'm not complaining.. I managed to get a full time job in the civil service which is really good experience for me

Atm my life is hell pretty much. We had our house renovated last year and the work finished at the end of this Feb. Our neighbours gave us permission to remove part of the hedges for this and turned back on their word and are now giving us hell for it. To give you an idea of what they are like.. 

We've provided proof that most of the disputed land is ours and our solicitor agrees. He sent out a letter to them asking to rebut our claims regarding the land. No response after one month so the solicitor reasonably assumed they had no objections to us marking our boundary on the disputed land with wooden stakes and string. We set out just to do that, me recording and my mum setting up the stakes and string. Recording as the neighbour and his wife have a history of being verbally abusive and violent to us. 

The neighbour's wife came out screaming and insulting us, grabbed the wooden stake my mum had put down and threw it at my back hurting me. She shoved my mum over too. I got enraged and was about to hit her back but i was held back by my brother. She then hit me again.

She was given a caution and a fine by the police to pay directly to me. She and her husband have now blocked up the entirety of the disputed land with their bins and the guy's taxi and are insisting it's all theirs.

The police have told them numerous times to raise any objections they have to our solicitor so this can be solved. Their response? "To hell with your solicitor, I don't need to prove this is all my land, why should I speak to a solicitor? This is all mine!"

So basically they claim everything is theirs and will be violent and abusive in order to enforce that and point blank refuse to follow the law or do things the legal way or provide any proof. Err, clearly they don't understand that if they don't rebut our claims, they lose.. but they're the kind of people who won't believe they lost. I mean our solicitor wrote multiple letters to them and they ignored it pretty much.  Its terrible.

Helena, as a fellow law student I'm sure you appreciate how absurd this whole situation is..

In other words I'm still suffering from major depression, a terrible cough that has lasted 6 months and I've been back and forth from hospital and no luck.. and more problems at work. Sheesh. Lifeis yet to give me a break!

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

I just thought if he can drive than he can just borrow his parents' cars (if that's an option of course). And yeah I'm with you on that one. I hate driving and I suck at it so I use public transport or have someone drive me. 

Once I left my school bag at home :D I was tiny though, but it was funny. My dad drove me to school and we only noticed I didn't have the bag when we got there. Luckily my mom drove it after us, so (not so luckily) I didn't get to miss a class. 

Oh learning to drive... Those were good times. Well good luck to learning to drive, I'm sure you'll do better than I did, just stay focused on actual driving.

I sometimes borrow my parents' car, which is partly considered "family car" - on the weekends, when buses barely come to our village. Most of the time though, public transportation it is for me. It is pretty cheap for a student too.

I hated learning how to drive. I cannot concentrate on driving for too long either.

Of course it was lucky you did not miss a class, girl! ;) Education is important and all that ...

Not-so-fun story time:

Spoiler

When my bullies got the better of me and I finally broke down in school one day and stayed out in the toilet after a pause instead of going to class because I was hiding from the schoolmates, my father came to school and I had a talk with him and my classteacher about it. In the end, my biggest worry was that that lesson that I missed (it was maths, btw, and that was the time when maths was one of my favourite subjects) would end up being documented as "inexcused leave" for me and would leave a stain on my record. My classteacher calmed me down that it would not. That is how important classes are! :P

1 hour ago, Nymeria10k said:

Thank you for the update. Some good and some bad, as always in life, I suppose. :)

Spoiler

I am glad you reached this agreement with your gentleman. You need to meet him in person and spend some time together before committing to anything to figure out how you two work together etc. Good luck, and take care.

I have no idea what a LPC is and what exactly you are doing, but missing a year before continuing studying happens, I am sure you can continue it next year and all will be okay. Congratulations on finding the full-time job for now!

Your neighbours sound pretty horrible, I hope the situation gets sorted out and they stop bothering you soon.

3 hours ago, Nymeria10k said:

Reveal hidden contents

Me and my fiance decided not to move or do anything as such after all. He is studying and will finish his studies (2 years) and a year's mandatory military service. We are both willing to wait. We haven't decided where to go but he is looking at coming over here. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment as he is busy with studies and I have a lot going on in my own life too.

Quite frankly I want to see for myself what he is like in person. Skype calls and phone calls can only convey so much. From what I gather he isn't a bad person. I've tried to gather how he behaves around his family and friends and he treats them well. He is the kind of person who would go the extra mile for those he cares about but also knows his limits and boundaries.

We do have a vague plan to visit Malaysia. I have a friend irl there who plans to marry possibly next year. She has insisted I be there. Me and him thought it might be a good idea to meet there, and I know the girl and her parents so I'll be in safe hands. I don't plan to rush into anything and honestly I have 3 more years to see how this pans out. I'm keeping my safety in mind above all else. It's just an idea though we'll probably discuss it soon enough.

Irl I had my ups and downs. I ended up failing a module from uni so had to retake it at a different institution and thankfully I passed. But I will only start my LPC this year when everyone else started theirs last year. I'm not complaining.. I managed to get a full time job in the civil service which is really good experience for me

Atm my life is hell pretty much. We had our house renovated last year and the work finished at the end of this Feb. Our neighbours gave us permission to remove part of the hedges for this and turned back on their word and are now giving us hell for it. To give you an idea of what they are like.. 

We've provided proof that most of the disputed land is ours and our solicitor agrees. He sent out a letter to them asking to rebut our claims regarding the land. No response after one month so the solicitor reasonably assumed they had no objections to us marking our boundary on the disputed land with wooden stakes and string. We set out just to do that, me recording and my mum setting up the stakes and string. Recording as the neighbour and his wife have a history of being verbally abusive and violent to us. 

The neighbour's wife came out screaming and insulting us, grabbed the wooden stake my mum had put down and threw it at my back hurting me. She shoved my mum over too. I got enraged and was about to hit her back but i was held back by my brother. She then hit me again.

She was given a caution and a fine by the police to pay directly to me. She and her husband have now blocked up the entirety of the disputed land with their bins and the guy's taxi and are insisting it's all theirs.

The police have told them numerous times to raise any objections they have to our solicitor so this can be solved. Their response? "To hell with your solicitor, I don't need to prove this is all my land, why should I speak to a solicitor? This is all mine!"

So basically they claim everything is theirs and will be violent and abusive in order to enforce that and point blank refuse to follow the law or do things the legal way or provide any proof. Err, clearly they don't understand that if they don't rebut our claims, they lose.. but they're the kind of people who won't believe they lost. I mean our solicitor wrote multiple letters to them and they ignored it pretty much.  Its terrible.

Helena, as a fellow law student I'm sure you appreciate how absurd this whole situation is..

In other words I'm still suffering from major depression, a terrible cough that has lasted 6 months and I've been back and forth from hospital and no luck.. and more problems at work. Sheesh. Lifeis yet to give me a break!

Oh I'm really glad you did not rush into any decisions about your finance. You guys need all this extra time to get to know each other in a long distance relationship. 

Sorry to hear of the stupid neighbors. Some people are just mean... 

And :grouphug: surely all the stress isn't helping your health, but keep in mind that nothing is permanent and you will get past this shitty period in life.

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

I sometimes borrow my parents' car, which is partly considered "family car" - on the weekends, when buses barely come to our village. Most of the time though, public transportation it is for me. It is pretty cheap for a student too.

I hated learning how to drive. I cannot concentrate on driving for too long either.

Of course it was lucky you did not miss a class, girl! ;) Education is important and all that ...

Not-so-fun story time:

Reveal hidden contents

When my bullies got the better of me and I finally broke down in school one day and stayed out in the toilet after a pause instead of going to class because I was hiding from the schoolmates, my father came to school and I had a talk with him and my classteacher about it. In the end, my biggest worry was that that lesson that I missed (it was maths, btw, and that was the time when maths was one of my favourite subjects) would end up being documented as "inexcused leave" for me and would leave a stain on my record. My classteacher calmed me down that it would not. That is how important classes are! :P

I used to drive my mother's old car, but I'm kinda scared of the new one, it has everything in funny places, one time I wanted to go somewhere and I had to call her to ask how the F to undo the handbrake. It's a bloody button on the DOOR of the car. Insane. I do stick to public transport or other people driving me. 

I loved learning how to drive but it had nothing to do with actual driving and thus driving was not one of the many things I learned while learning to drive. 

:lol: one time I deliberately skipped the swim day with a friend, ignored the call when the teacher tried to call our mobiles, went to her house and even set our parents against the teacher with a couple small changes of the actual story. *cringes* that's how you get bad karma kids. We both got "inexcused leave" for the day and were very proud of it. (As two goodie goodies, we always got all the praise and top grades and inexcused leave was a sweet novelty, school would not have been complete without it) my other favorite bad student moment was stealing the school passes (a ticket basically you needed to leave the school building during the day) :lol: 

3 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

He kinda looks like you (or how I picture you). 

I'm not a big fan of driving either, but thanks.

Interesting. I don't suppose he's far off from me, but I find it hard to compare drawn characters with real-life looks.

3 hours ago, Nymeria10k said:

Reveal hidden contents

Glad you're not rushing into any decisions :) And sorry about your neighbors, they sound like cunts.

4 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

It's BBC so the production values are probably not all that wonderful either. Not that I'm watching it, as it looks too much like a poor man's Vikings. 

Its actually pretty good for the BBC. It has a few problems but inwas generally happy with it, even being the awful book purist that i am. It was pretty faithful to the books, and all the changes were understandable.

I like to think of it as the sequel to Vikings... (which had a shit season 4a by-the-by...)

8 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Its actually pretty good for the BBC. It has a few problems but inwas generally happy with it, even being the awful book purist that i am. It was pretty faithful to the books, and all the changes were understandable.

I like to think of it as the sequel to Vikings... (which had a shit season 4a by-the-by...)

I haven't minded season 4 so far. It's not as good as the past few, but better than the start of S1, I'd say. We'll see how part 2 does. Hopefully less Aslaug. 

Archived