TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

So here's my number

So call me maybe?

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Guess who has two thumbs and just graduated high school?

Awwwww boy-king! :commie::grouphug::cheers: As RB says, there was never another option! Now enjoy your holiday!

1 hour ago, the maid of woodlynne said:

Awwww Congrats, FOMN! \m/

I picked a good day to peek back in here. :) Hope you're all well. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your lovely faces in Kansas City @ worldcon. Things at maid manor have been less than ideal this year but it looks as though things are looking up. I miss you guys. 

Maid! :grouphug: Welcome back. I am sure worldcon will be fun. I am still hoping to make it to Helsinki next year ...

Now where is Gillio? Does anybody have any contact with her? I was just thinking today that she has not come to say hi in some time.

3 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I wanted to try something different from the core modules. And I also really dislike to more corporate/commercial modules like taxation and stuff. It was really interesting actually, looked at how things were during the Soviet era and how the Soviet era influences the current system. So as a module it was kind of a mix of law, history and politics.

Do you have a pupillage sorted out yet? Going to California should be great.

PD season 3 season finale is next week. There's been 7 episodes so far, and next week is a two-part finale

Fair enough, I'm sure the history side of things must have been quite interesting, I found all the Revolution and Cold War history at school quite interesting to learn about, so it would be cool to see it from a legal perspective too.

I've not got anything 100% sorted yet but due to family I've got some very good connections in legal circles but they're nearly all on the other side of the fence, it would have been much easier to get a Training Contract!!.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Read and watch stuff like there's no tomorrow. Also probably get a summer job and spend a week in the Ardennes with friends, and three weeks in Italy at the tail end. Oh, and I'm going to drink. These are going to be some great months.

Thanks, I'm really surprised I scored well enough on my exams.
Good to see you again. Hope the problems go away soon.

That sounds like a pretty great plan for the coming months. And I'll be OK. It's mainly just a slow recovery from a broken leg/ankle and the resulting surgery to repair it at the tail end of last year. 

2 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

So call me maybe?

Awwwww boy-king! :commie::grouphug::cheers: As RB says, there was never another option! Now enjoy your holiday!

Maid! :grouphug: Welcome back. I am sure worldcon will be fun. I am still hoping to make it to Helsinki next year ...

Now where is Gillio? Does anybody have any contact with her? I was just thinking today that she has not come to say hi in some time.

Hi Bucky! I saw Gillio popping around fb the other day so she's around. I'm sure she misses you guys, too! Looking forward to worldcon but I have to remember to take it slow with the gimpy leg. I overdid it at Balticon and really paid for it. I still plan to be in Helsinki but have no idea how I'll pay for it yet! Hopefully I will make it and we'll get a chance to catch up in person. 

Morning thread

I really wanted to go to Kansas City this year, but alas I cannot. I had to miss Spokane last year because I was out of work, I had the time but didn't have the money. Now I am back in work and have the money but I can't get the time off. Gah!

I did try though but the project they took me on for is due on August 19, right in the middle of WorldCon which means sadly I cannot make it.

But I will definitely be in Helsinki, hope to see you Maid (and everyone else too) there!

The animals... the animals...

18 hours ago, the maid of woodlynne said:

That sounds like a pretty great plan for the coming months. And I'll be OK. It's mainly just a slow recovery from a broken leg/ankle and the resulting surgery to repair it at the tail end of last year. 

That sucks.

27 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

That sucks.

Started watching today too. Im off work so watched Orphan Black finale and the first episode of OitNB. Will be watching more later of course.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Started watching today too. Im off work so watched Orphan Black finale and the first episode of OitNB. Will be watching more later of course.

I'm finishing OB tonight and want to finish the first season of The Wire before I start OITNB, but I probably won't hold out that long. So I'll probably start that tonight too, can't wait.

15 hours ago, theAlbanianGoat said:

Morning thread

I really wanted to go to Kansas City this year, but alas I cannot. I had to miss Spokane last year because I was out of work, I had the time but didn't have the money. Now I am back in work and have the money but I can't get the time off. Gah!

I did try though but the project they took me on for is due on August 19, right in the middle of WorldCon which means sadly I cannot make it.

But I will definitely be in Helsinki, hope to see you Maid (and everyone else too) there!

Bummed that you won't be there this year. :( But hope to see you in 2017. Right now the plan is for me to be in Helsinki (I already have my membership) but I don't know if I'll be able to afford it when the time comes. Plus I'm on the BidCom for the Valley Forge 2017 NASFiC bid, which would be the week after Helsinki, and if we win the bid I don't know how I'll manage both. Too soon to tell...

11 hours ago, First of My Name said:

That sucks.

It really isn't too bad. I'm still wobbly coming down stairs, but I'm fine in the other direction. Plus, I have a wicked scar and some permanent titanium jewelry (6" plate and screws in my leg). You should see the x-ray! \m/ 

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend...

7 hours ago, the maid of woodlynne said:

It really isn't too bad. I'm still wobbly coming down stairs, but I'm fine in the other direction. Plus, I have a wicked scar and some permanent titanium jewelry (6" plate and screws in my leg). You should see the x-ray! \m/ 

Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend...

How did you do it?, breaking a leg sucks!!, I broke mine on my 17th birthday a few years ago it was so painful!!, but the main thing that drove me nuts was the itchiness and the cast.

I'm currently nursing a broken rib which hasn't been a picnic either so I know how you feel and wish you a speedy and full recovery.

good morning threadlings....greeting from sunny florida i actually had wifi this morning...shocker...

maid good to see you sweetling and can't wait to pay back the solid you did me for charlotte! for the time i am there (sadly only a couple of the days ) all your drinks are on me! next to my darling Fragile Bird you are the person i am longing to meet the most :wub:

Hey Cora my little sister...i have been thinking of you... here's hoping your summer is going well

King Bamm-Bamm congrats brother...oh sorry, your highness, it is my experience that the summer after high school is the best of times...of course i got to travel and see the world...courtesy...of the US Navy...

ah well i still saw shit ;)

:smoking:

@First of My Name CONGRATULATIONS! http://66.media.tumblr.com/de5d2a292f87c460a0e87f4913593eb5/tumblr_inline_nqx33w87ZC1rqg5v6_500.gif

@rocksniffer, Buck, Lord Sidious, the maid of woodlynne, RhaeBee and  Helaena https://67.media.tumblr.com/cd6b7cc019b515a476c985df3b2ed39a/tumblr_n9co8l0wPD1rola13o1_500.gif

Happy father's day everyone!

And a summer song 

4 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

good morning threadlings....greeting from sunny florida i actually had wifi this morning...shocker...

King Bamm-Bamm congrats brother...oh sorry, your highness, it is my experience that the summer after high school is the best of times...of course i got to travel and see the world...courtesy...of the US Navy...

Thanks, and it's certainly a great time so far.
That sounds sweet.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

On June 18, 2016 at 4:45 AM, Lord Sidious said:

How did you do it?, breaking a leg sucks!!, I broke mine on my 17th birthday a few years ago it was so painful!!, but the main thing that drove me nuts was the itchiness and the cast.

I'm currently nursing a broken rib which hasn't been a picnic either so I know how you feel and wish you a speedy and full recovery.

Pleased to meet you, Lord Sidious! Ugh- Broken ribs must suck. There isn't anything you can do but wait it out! Hope you heal quickly.

I wish I had a better story about how I broke it, but really it was just a spectacularly clumsy fall in my living room. I tripped over my own feet, rolled the ankle, and landed on it (sitting). The torque of the roll and landing fractured the ankle and resulted in an sort of greenstick break of my fibula. (It went 2/3 of the way up my shin.) It could have been a lot worse - I was really lucky. I hope to be close to full-strength by worldcon. (That's the plan, anyway.) Thanks for your kind words. :)

On June 18, 2016 at 4:49 AM, Gryka zwyczajna said:

Awww. Speedy recovery, maid and Sith lord.

Thanks, Bucky! :grouphug:

9 hours ago, rocksniffer said:

maid good to see you sweetling and can't wait to pay back the solid you did me for charlotte! for the time i am there (sadly only a couple of the days ) all your drinks are on me! next to my darling Fragile Bird you are the person i am longing to meet the most :wub:

Hey Cora my little sister...i have been thinking of you... here's hoping your summer is going well

:smoking:

I'm so glad you'll be in KC! And I'm happy to have been able to hook you up for ConCarolinas. It was my pleasure. Looking forward to having a beer and catching up in person. \m/

OK, back to the Penny Dreadful marathon and my preparations for GoT tonight. Wishing all the Dads a Happy Father's Day. Missing mine terribly today, but have been so cheered up by all the awesome pics on Facebook. Cherish your family, spammers. And give your Dads a hug from me. xoxo

ETA - I forgot to say hi to JQC!!!!! Hope you're well! xo \m/

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:35 AM, theAlbanianGoat said:

Morning thread

:crying: There is no way I can make Helsinki.  The flights are my entire budget (over $1000) and that is just too much. I will do the NASFF con in either Valley Forge (Philly) or San Juan though. Both offer great things...Philly is a short train ride away (or a couple hours drive) and I am trying to convince Quoth to come.   I have always wanted to see Puerto Rico, so San Juan would be amazing!

2018 in Dublin though is a definite! (will make it part of a family trip right before)

Hey Lany

2018 is either New Orleans or San Jose, which will be voted on in KC this year. I hope to be there for that whichever city wins.

Dublin WorldCon will be in 2019. Oh and you may want to start saving up your pennies so you can stay an extra week for a little* shindig we are planning in Belfast for the weekend after Dublin.

* By "little" I mean fucking enormous with the potential to leave me bankrupt....

Archived