TTTNE CDLXIV - You can't take the sky from me

ab aeterno

4 hours ago, theAlbanianGoat said:

2018 is either New Orleans or San Jose, which will be voted on in KC this year. I hope to be there for that whichever city wins.

Dublin WorldCon will be in 2019. Oh and you may want to start saving up your pennies so you can stay an extra week for a little* shindig we are planning in Belfast for the weekend after Dublin.

How come the location for 2019 is decided before the 2018 one? :idea:

20 hours ago, the maid of woodlynne said:

Pleased to meet you, Lord Sidious! Ugh- Broken ribs must suck. There isn't anything you can do but wait it out! Hope you heal quickly.

I wish I had a better story about how I broke it, but really it was just a spectacularly clumsy fall in my living room. I tripped over my own feet, rolled the ankle, and landed on it (sitting). The torque of the roll and landing fractured the ankle and resulted in an sort of greenstick break of my fibula. (It went 2/3 of the way up my shin.) It could have been a lot worse - I was really lucky. I hope to be close to full-strength by worldcon. (That's the plan, anyway.) Thanks for your kind words. :)

Don't feel bad, when I broke my leg it was falling on some stairs so equally clumsy!!.

My rib is finally starting to heal well, it's not so painful as it was at first now, oddly its my sprained wrist(did both at the same time-motorcycle accident) which is taking longer to feel 100% again, even though I didn't break it.

3 hours ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

How come the location for 2019 is decided before the 2018 one? :idea:

2019 isn't formally decided yet, but nobody other than Dublin has announced a bid yet, and a last minute (well, technically "year") bid from elsewhere is unlikely to get much support.

8 hours ago, theAlbanianGoat said:

Hey Lany

2018 is either New Orleans or San Jose, which will be voted on in KC this year. I hope to be there for that whichever city wins.

Dublin WorldCon will be in 2019. Oh and you may want to start saving up your pennies so you can stay an extra week for a little* shindig we are planning in Belfast for the weekend after Dublin.

* By "little" I mean fucking enormous with the potential to leave me bankrupt....

I am easily confused :P 

AND VOTE NOLA!  We need to visit Lily! 

Oh!  that sounds so interesting!!!!  Money and vacation days will saved!

On June 17, 2016 at 7:48 AM, HelenaExMachina said:

Started watching today too. Im off work so watched Orphan Black finale and the first episode of OitNB. Will be watching more later of course.

Let me know when you get to a certain episode... I will be available for virtual hugs (that goes for you too FoMN). Still have one more episode to go...

Hulloooo! 

Maid & JQC & Goat - yay you're all here :wub: 

Huge congratulations to our wonderful King of Spam! 

i have only 3 more days and I'm done with work for summer break! Yay! 

If worldcon ends up in San Jose that would be an easy trip for me. But I can't see how that locale would beat out N.O.  Maybe one year I will meet y'all. 

Everything is groovy here in the Olenna house. Fighting a cold (aren't summer colds the worst?) and struggling daily with my neighbors that decided to get a puppy and then immediately tie it up to the bars on their window. Poor thing barks all day and has only one of those travel kennels to call shelter. Did I mention it was 100F on Sunday? Yah. I guess it's not considered neglect or abuse by animal control standards but it's pretty deplorable to me. It rips my heart apart every single day. 

Also, Lil O is doing fantastically. Can't wait to enjoy the summer and go on adventures with my lil buddy. The last bookstore in LA is having a Harry Potter night on Saturday and I think we will definitely be going to that. And this week starts the movies on the beach and in the parks! It's so fun to have a big screen on the beach - and they will be playing The Goonies and The princess bride :love: 

Ok. Sorry guys, didn't intend on posting a short novel. Hugs to y'all. 

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Thanks Bex :) 

I am spending way too much money on books right now, but OTOH I've kind of earned it haven't I?

Why buy books when you can buy Louboutins.

10 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Let me know when you get to a certain episode... I will be available for virtual hugs (that goes for you too FoMN). Still have one more episode to go...

Hulloooo! 

Maid & JQC & Goat - yay you're all here :wub: 

Huge congratulations to our wonderful King of Spam! 

i have only 3 more days and I'm done with work for summer break! Yay! 

If worldcon ends up in San Jose that would be an easy trip for me. But I can't see how that locale would beat out N.O.  Maybe one year I will meet y'all. 

Everything is groovy here in the Olenna house. Fighting a cold (aren't summer colds the worst?) and struggling daily with my neighbors that decided to get a puppy and then immediately tie it up to the bars on their window. Poor thing barks all day and has only one of those travel kennels to call shelter. Did I mention it was 100F on Sunday? Yah. I guess it's not considered neglect or abuse by animal control standards but it's pretty deplorable to me. It rips my heart apart every single day. 

Also, Lil O is doing fantastically. Can't wait to enjoy the summer and go on adventures with my lil buddy. The last bookstore in LA is having a Harry Potter night on Saturday and I think we will definitely be going to that. And this week starts the movies on the beach and in the parks! It's so fun to have a big screen on the beach - and they will be playing The Goonies and The princess bride :love: 

Ok. Sorry guys, didn't intend on posting a short novel. Hugs to y'all. 

O! Glad to hear the spawn is behaving himself. Hurrah for Harry Potter nights and the agonies :love:  Sure you will have a great summer with him. How are your pups?

I've just finished episode 10 of OitNB.

When Nikki showed up again

:D 

I already know what you are referring to, though I don't know how it goes down... How brutal though :( 

And besides, I'm already in mourning because Penny Dreadful is now finished for good :(:crying: And also 

Vanessa!

:bawl: Okay, I geared up four times in the finale - Lily's speech about her daughter, John Clare's stuff with Jack and Marjorie, Vanessa and Ethan's final confrontation, and Vanessa's funeral.

*sniffs* 'scuse me. Allergies, you know, *wipes away tear* TV seems desperate to upset me these days

So I officially have a masters degree. 

And I'm hungry. But the match is still on and I don't want to order a pizza yet, so the delivery guys can finish watching the match. Is that ridiculous? In any case, I'll wait till the match is over. Which is very very very cool, by the way. 

2 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

You have the taste of a straight,male factory worker.

The thing is, this really really accurate.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

And I'm hungry. But the match is still on and I don't want to order a pizza yet, so the delivery guys can finish watching the match. Is that ridiculous? In any case, I'll wait till the match is over. Which is very very very cool, by the way. 

Congratulations! :cheers: 

It's ridiculously considerate, can't really fault you for that.

1 hour ago, RhaeBee said:

CONGRATULATIONS! :commie::cheers::grouphug:

That is very kind of you. ;)

1 hour ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

CONGRATULATIONS! :commie::cheers::grouphug:

That is very kind of you. ;)

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

The thing is, this really really accurate.

Congratulations! :cheers: 

It's ridiculously considerate, can't really fault you for that.

Thank you both :) 

48 minutes ago, Gryka zwyczajna said:

I just had to write a negative grade for one of my students for the first time. I feel like a horrible person. :(

Ah, that sucks. I would feel horrible for giving bad grades too. Teachers' bane I guess. 

Archived